PC A world has near-unplayably high spawn rates

Metoot

Plantera
Started a new expert mode playthrough only to be welcomed with spawn rates that make the game nearly impossible to enjoy. Descending into crimson means encoutering around 10 blood crawlers at a time, going into jungle results in ponds full of piranhas, just leaving the house once killed me with a zombie army.
414A3434461C25F8C0A48B9520742BBD53F4331C

The pond to the left also got about 5 of those
B85BA03FE3E96AF65ED08D6F289A40F8F1FD4745

Few extra crimeras are off screen
47CCD70ABBF920F2A3995A78F46A574980C18278
There would have been more enemies at the left side if I wasn't moving

I remember going to the dungeon and harvesting some water candles, but I never placed them and just put them away into a chest. The question is : WTF? This never happened in any other worlds and doesn't seem to happen when I tested it now either - it occurs in this world only.

Fun fact is that the world brings me the worst luck overall as well - there wasn't a single chest on the overworld before I got to the further 3rds of the world, there are barely any caverns to go caving in, and the few caverns there are have no cabins at all - the best accessory I have right now is a warding lifeform analyzer.

Last edited:
It's 15% increase. This does not occur in any other worlds I generated for testing as well, it's only this exact world that has absurdly high spawn rates.

Ok, but let me tell you, crimson caves are like blood crawler breeding grounds, so its normal in expert mode for like 20 to spit out at you. The fish filled lakes are pretty normal too, just go to the jungle.

I think it's because this is a one of a kind problem nobody understands wtf is happening.

The spawn rates are 2-3 times higher than usual. In any biome. In any condition. Only in this world. In other worlds, the spawn rates are perfectly fine. No blood crawler overflow, no piranha infested ponds. But in this one they are absurd. Is this understandable?

I think it's because this is a one of a kind problem nobody understands wtf is happening.

The spawn rates are 2-3 times higher than usual. In any biome. In any condition. Only in this world. In other worlds, the spawn rates are perfectly fine. No blood crawler overflow, no piranha infested ponds. But in this one they are absurd. Is this understandable?
Same thing happens to me in my expert world, I’m in hardmode now but spawn rates are still the same since before hardmode.

Can you take some screenshots

Back
Top Bottom