Game Mechanics Ability to Control Day/Night Cycle

Tiberius

Terrarian
I love wave events, but alas, I always play single player. The way the current game is set up, you can't progress as far in wave events when playing solo. Solution: There should be an item that controls the day/night cycle mechanics (e.g. a single-use item that sets the clock back a few hours, or an equipable item that passively slows the cycle)

This could solve the problem of playing events such as the Frost Moon in Single Player, where it is almost impossible to get to the late stages before dawn. I know the developers tried to scale the difficulty based on the number of players, but it would be great if there were day/night cycle adjustments such that similar progress could be made in wave events whether playing single player or multiplayer.
Anyways, I'm sure 1.3 will be great, I just hope people who predominantly play solo will get some love!

Note: I posted this in the forum on suggestions for Terraria: Otherworld, but it would also be nice if we could get something like this in 1.3

Well sure, there should be limits so that it's not possible to create a night that never ends, and maybe having items that control the day/night cycle isn't the way to go. However, I think adjustments to the duration of the night cycle based on number of players is the simplest way to balance wave events so that progress is comparable in single player and multiplayer.

Well sure, there should be limits so that it's not possible to create a night that never ends, and maybe having items that control the day/night cycle isn't the way to go. However, I think adjustments to the duration of the night cycle based on number of players is the simplest way to balance wave events so that progress is comparable in single player and multiplayer.
I feel this isn't really necessary. The wave events are supposed to be hard. If you are prepared correctly, then you can get far past final waves. Also, if you are making a suggestion, maybe have a item to go along with it besides saying just "we should have this."

Meh. Just open up a server and play it locally, and if you need to change the time of day just type day/dusk/noon/midnight into the console. Problem solved.

Hell no, there are too many suggestion stating a day/night cycle control. There are already 2 decent suggestions that fix this semi-problem. No support.

Back
Top Bottom