Other Ability to Hide Vanity Slot

King Victor

Skeletron Prime
Pretty much like what the title said.

It really annoys me that when I use the vanity slot, purely for the purpose of switching between items in combat, they ruin the way my character looks because I can't hide them.

I know vanity slots are not designed to be used this way, but the community does it anyway.

Although I understand the sentiment since in some cases I use them for temporary storage too, like if find some useful loot while adventuring and inventory is full, but
The main purpose of vanity slots is not to be an extra storage, so...

While it wouldn't really hurt the game, the purpose of vanity slots is to be vanity, so they're purely for the looks. In that sense, it wouldn't make much sense to hide them...

I believe it would ruin the whole point of vanity slots, really you should store additional equipment in your inventory. The items are vanity so when you put it in, the game intends you to use it as vanity and not as additional storage. There is no point in having additional vanity slots being toggled unless you wanted to mid-switch charm of myths for reduced cooldown.

I support this, but I really don't think this was the developer intent of vanity slots, so I'm unsure that it should be catered to.

Well Hoiking was not intended, but they kept that in so it's possible.
Well, that's a bit different. They didn't design it intentionally, but they certainly left it in intentionally. I'm fairly certain that vanity slots were intended entirely for cosmetic purposes, and weren't intended for equipment storage.

Well, that's a bit different. They didn't design it intentionally, but they certainly left it in intentionally. I'm fairly certain that vanity slots were intended entirely for cosmetic purposes, and weren't intended for equipment storage.
It follows the same analogy I guess, though you are right in that they are somewhat different and I don't know if they will add something to aid in the feature.

Back
Top Bottom