tModLoader abluescarab's Mods

I usually do pass in functions, but I sort of wrote that code to test it out and when it worked, I forgot to fix it. I try to stay consistent, but I make mistakes. :p Earlier, I declare the UIItemSlots and pass in functions instead of assigning delegates like I used to.

It's so easy to do, isn't it? Get it to work then forget to clean it up! Haha!

In your hotbar mod, if you hold an item in the cursor and then click it into the hotbar, the item will sometimes be duplicated. I don't exactly know how to reproduce it, but it often happens when I click rapidly, or when I click while the cursor is over the edge of the hotbar slots.

So, using Wing Slot 1.2.4, I can equip the wings just fine, but I can't seem to remove them. I can switch them with another set of wings, by right clicking the other wings in my inventory, but clicking the currently equipped wings in the wing slot doesn't do anything. Additionally, hovering the mouse over them doesn't show a tooltip. Any ideas?

So, using Wing Slot 1.2.4, I can equip the wings just fine, but I can't seem to remove them. I can switch them with another set of wings, by right clicking the other wings in my inventory, but clicking the currently equipped wings in the wing slot doesn't do anything. Additionally, hovering the mouse over them doesn't show a tooltip. Any ideas?
The tooltip is a known issue and I'm not sure how to fix it at the moment, but your other issue is very strange. Can you do this for me?
  1. Disable all mods besides Wing Slot.
  2. Check if Wing Slot works.
  3. Re-enable one mod.
  4. Check Wing Slot again.
  5. Repeat 3 & 4 for each mod you disabled.
It could be a compatibility issue or it could be something else. Of course, a video or gif of the issue is always helpful, as well. I'm only asking because I can't replicate this issue on my local machine, but a few other people have reported it, as well.

So, using Wing Slot 1.2.4, I can equip the wings just fine, but I can't seem to remove them. I can switch them with another set of wings, by right clicking the other wings in my inventory, but clicking the currently equipped wings in the wing slot doesn't do anything.

Do you have auto-pause on? i had this problem and turning auto-pause off let me remove them.

Do you have auto-pause on? i had this problem and turning auto-pause off let me remove them.

Bingo! I don't know what's causing it, but having autopause enabled made it so I couldn't remove the wings. As soon as I disabled autopause, they equip and unequip properly.

Bug report, cosmetics: Having a set of wings in the cosmetic wing slot seems to remove any other back item from appearing. My red cloak won't show if I have the vanity wings on. :(

I've found that no matter what re-mapping of my controls I do, I can't equip the wings into the vanity slot with shift+click, as that always trashes them.
EDIT: Never mind, I found out that it was shift+RIGHT click, not left click.
Bug report, cosmetics: Having a set of wings in the cosmetic wing slot seems to remove any other back item from appearing. My red cloak won't show if I have the vanity wings on. :(
To make your other back vanities show up, you should click the eye next to the wing slot if it's not grayed out, and if the eye in the slot that your cape is in is gray, you should click on that to make it visible.

The problem is that it is grayed out. I have it set up like it should to make the wings disappear, and they do while I'm on the ground, but the other back vanity item is not grayed out, and on the bottom of the accessory list, so it should show up.

Could it be that I'm playing in multiplayer that's causing it?

Could it be that I'm playing in multiplayer that's causing it?
Matakor, I'm sorry to say that I haven't tested any of these mods in multiplayer due to lack of playtesters and buggy tModLoader support for multiplayer. That may very well be the issue.
EDIT: Never mind, I found out that it was shift+RIGHT click, not left click.
I apologize for the confusing behavior, but I had to code it that way due to various limitations (tModLoader capabilities and mod compatibility). Maybe in future it won't be so hard! Thank you for re-reading TFM! :)

Easiest way to test multiplayer application is to use just host and play. You don't have to have anyone else to actually play it.

After a long break (term's finally over!), I determined that this is the game's default behavior. I reinstalled un-modded Terraria and placed a pair of wings in a vanity accessory slot; my cape no longer appears.

I'm currently working on the next update, which will hopefully fix a bug or two that users have been reporting.

Yeah, Vanity slot management is a bit haywire. It's unfortunate how hard it is to get the right look for a character.

insight reborn freezes players in multiplayer when mousing over a chest even midair.. multiple commuters and OS, (windows 10 and linux mint cin) and retailers, (GOG and steam) with insight reborn as only mod, disable mod fixes issue. no issues single player. player unfreezes when taking mouse off chest. issue occurs even when client does not run the mod. ie server mod issue only.

I can't seem to equip wings in the vanity slot: shift-right-clicking just puts them in the normal slot, switching them with whatever I currently have equipped. Currently testing with Calamity's Xeroc Wings and Jim's Wings (dev set).

EDIT: Apparently I can only equip wings in the vanity slot if I take my wings out of the function slot first...

Bit of an issue with this mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tgm1234s-mods.48725/

Specifically, the Hair Dye for Armor and Secret Dyes mods. They don't work properly with the Wing Slot, this was given as the reason:

It is the creator of Wing Slot's responsibility to code it in a way that is compatible with ShaderLib, not the other way around. Wing Slot is probably using item.dye instead of using GameShaders.Armor.GetShaderIdFromItemID, which would cause this issue (as all the added dyes have 1, or red dye, as a placeholder to make them equippable).

insight reborn freezes players in multiplayer when mousing over a chest even midair.. multiple commuters and OS, (windows 10 and linux mint cin) and retailers, (GOG and steam) with insight reborn as only mod, disable mod fixes issue. no issues single player. player unfreezes when taking mouse off chest. issue occurs even when client does not run the mod. ie server mod issue only.
I am also experiencing this bug, although it only happens with Honey Chests in singleplayer so far. Still, I made the mistake of using several of those and now I have to avoid them... Also even with SmartCursor active, I cannot open these chests. The issue does not happen with empty Dungeon Biome chests (jungle, crimson, etc).

There is a bug with the wing slot mod. When you dye wings that are in the dedicated slot the shaders flicker occasionally, and the last frame of the wing flap animation does not have the dye color(s) applied.

I also cannot mouse over items in the wing slot or the second hotbar to see their stats.

Last edited:
The dye doesn't work on Yorazor's spell/it doesn't apply the beam that comes from the eyes, and it's my favorite vanity in terraria, could you look into it?

Edit: oops, sorry, didn't state what mod. Wing Slot

Back
Top Bottom