tModLoader abluescarab's Mods

It is odd, now that I try several wings the results vary quite a lot. Dyes work fine like Jim's Wings, but Loki's Wings are completely unaltered by them (I am trying shadow dye, black and white dye, and burning hermes dyes for each) None of the Celestial Pillar wings work well, they are only slightly modified by the dye (and black and white dye doesn't work at all). Other kind of wings do work well with dyes, like bat wings, skeleton wings, demon wings, some other dev wings, betsy, fishron, hoverboard etc. Another one that does not work is the festive wings set.
Seems random to me, I don't know if it follows any logical pattern in your eyes. Oh and this happens with wings equipped in both or either active or cosmetic and equipped alone and not.
Thanks a lot for your time!!!
Have you tried disabling all your mods and testing each set of wings in vanilla? It could be that this is actually normal behavior. I'll do some of my own testing, but all of the information you could give me would be great.

I tried disabling every mod one by one until I only had wing slot enabled, and the bug persisted. I re-reloaded it, nothing. When I disable it, leaving the game with no mods enabled, the dyes for the wings work well in the vanilla slots.
I will make a list of all the vanilla wings that work or dont work with wing slot, in a bit, gotta go :p
Thanks for all!

Ok here is a list of what happens with each set of wings and three dyes I picked.

Shadow dye:
Most work fine except for:
Loki's wings
Vortex wings
Stardust wings
Nebula wings
Solar wings

Black and white dye:
Loki's wings

Burning Hade's dye:

Loki's wings

Hope it helps!

A small addition to the Wing/Dye situation; Leaf Wings with Nebula dye apply on all but one frame of the flight animation. This is most noticable when climbing a rope.

Apologies for my absence, folks; I haven't been able to get onto my computer for a while. I'll start as soon as I can, but I don't know when that will be.

Apologies for my absence, folks; I haven't been able to get onto my computer for a while. I'll start as soon as I can, but I don't know when that will be.
well you didnt miss too much, even if terraria 1.3.6 updates comes it will take a while to jopojelly and blueshie to update modloader so your computer will be ready by then.

excuse ablues but when I check your mods, the ones from your thread are the ones without the labeled "upgraded" right? because both wing and multi lure says that those are for modloader 10.1 from the mod browser.

Last edited:
excuse ablues but when I check your mods, the ones from your thread are the ones without the labeled "upgraded" right? because both wing and multi lure says that those are for modloader 10.1 from the mod browser.
The names match my original post exactly, so Wing Slot and MultiLure. Someone made an upgraded MultiLure mod that's pretty cool, though. :)

The names match my original post exactly, so Wing Slot and MultiLure. Someone made an upgraded MultiLure mod that's pretty cool, though. :)
well thats because I asked before VVV101 to update multi-lure as a favor (because other mods such as battle rods dosent have an accesory that gives multiple lures)
so this means VVV101 once again is helping you from the shadows.

well thats because I asked before VVV101 to update multi-lure as a favor (because other mods such as battle rods dosent have an accesory that gives multiple lures)
so this means VVV101 once again is helping you from the shadows.
Does he have a thread up? I couldn't find it.

hey there,i was wondering if you can make a shield slot mod like your wing slot one. i'm not a modder so i have no idea if it even is possible or not.

i can try to figure out how to mod stuff and try to do it myself if you are too busy,thought if that's the case it would be nice to know how did you do it ^^

hey there,i was wondering if you can make a shield slot mod like your wing slot one. i'm not a modder so i have no idea if it even is possible or not.

i can try to figure out how to mod stuff and try to do it myself if you are too busy,thought if that's the case it would be nice to know how did you do it ^^

Click on the Source Code link for Wing Slot.

Sounds interesting, I've been pretty busy lately. If you want to work on the idea, be my guest and check out the source code for Wing Slot in the OP. If I have some time in the future and you haven't gotten around to it, I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, I've been pretty busy lately. If you want to work on the idea, be my guest and check out the source code for Wing Slot in the OP. If I have some time in the future and you haven't gotten around to it, I'll give it a try.

i have tried learning how to start modding,but i couldn't even figure out what version of the visual studio with what package i should have installed,so i guess i'm not really the modder type :p

keep me updated if you can sort your problems out,if you need anything in my reach be sure to call me ^^

Hey just FYI me and my friend tested the wing slot mod with nothing else installed and we couldn't see each other's wings in multiplayer. When the other person flies, they teleport up and down erratically instead of flying smoothly. It's as if the client doesn't register the other player's wings at all.

Hey just FYI me and my friend tested the wing slot mod with nothing else installed and we couldn't see each other's wings in multiplayer. When the other person flies, they teleport up and down erratically instead of flying smoothly. It's as if the client doesn't register the other player's wings at all.
Thanks for posting! This is a known issue, but I need to learn a little about the way tModLoader multiplayer works before I can fix it.

Thanks for posting! This is a known issue, but I need to learn a little about the way tModLoader multiplayer works before I can fix it.
Alright, thanks for the response! I'm currently using cheatsheet's extra accessories as a faux alternative to wing slot but it's sadly inferior. Keep up the good work, man!

I got another dyes issue to report: dyes on wings will not be there for one frame each cycle. https://gyazo.com/e7217ec83a9d58a52003bb8362180fa1

This only happens with modded wings. (Thorium, Calamity, Tremor, likely others) It happens on most if not every dye as well. I only tried on the strange plant dyes though.
Thanks for posting! What wings and dye are you using in the gif? I can't replicate this issue on Thorium Mod's wing sets with the Living Rainbow Dye, so I'd like to test it with the wings and dye you have equipped. Can you also take a screenshot of your in-game Video settings? I thought it might be a frame skip issue, but all 3 frame skip settings worked fine on my end.

Back
Top Bottom