tModLoader abluescarab's Mods

Thanks for posting! What wings and dye are you using in the gif? I can't replicate this issue on Thorium Mod's wing sets with the Living Rainbow Dye, so I'd like to test it with the wings and dye you have equipped. Can you also take a screenshot of your in-game Video settings? I thought it might be a frame skip issue, but all 3 frame skip settings worked fine on my end.
Sorry for the late reply. The wings I have on are Drew's wings from Calamity, though they are merged into the Celestial Tracers as well. I tried it with various wing sets from each of those 3 mods, but it's hard to notice on some because they're mostly behind your back. I tried it on any modded wings I had in my chests, Flesh from tremor, the 3 wings made from the stuff bars of life are made from, and xeroc wings. Might have tried with a few others but I forget by now.

The Calamity discord mentioned this bug as well, as I first thought it was a calamity issue but according to them it was from wingslot.

Hello, everyone! I think I've fixed the dye issue, but I'll need your help testing. @Playmoarnow, @Coyotezzz, @CatNoir, @VoltzG, you've been the ones who have contacted me about the dyes bug. Let me know if the new mod version messes something up!

Besides that, there are a couple of other changes: I've moved the slot to the main equipment page, next to the defense icon. Having the slots on the secondary equipment page added a lot of confusion since you couldn't just pick up a pair of wings and equip them. Hopefully this will remedy that problem, and let me know if the new location gets in the way.

I've also removed Boffin from the authors list (sorry, buddy!) because I've always been the only author of this mod. I added him originally because he and I wrote the TerraUI toolkit together, but I'm the only author of the mod itself.

Hello, everyone! I think I've fixed the dye issue, but I'll need your help testing. @Playmoarnow, @Coyotezzz, @CatNoir, @VoltzG, you've been the ones who have contacted me about the dyes bug. Let me know if the new mod version messes something up!

Besides that, there are a couple of other changes: I've moved the slot to the main equipment page, next to the defense icon. Having the slots on the secondary equipment page added a lot of confusion since you couldn't just pick up a pair of wings and equip them. Hopefully this will remedy that problem, and let me know if the new location gets in the way.

I've also removed Boffin from the authors list (sorry, buddy!) because I've always been the only author of this mod. I added him originally because he and I wrote the TerraUI toolkit together, but I'm the only author of the mod itself.
The update is really nice and everything works great for me! (Not sure about dyes bug that @Playmoarnow mentioned since it never happened to me :3) But one problem is that you can put more than one dye in the dyes slot >>
_D_12XrcS42OK26mE6RR4w.png

The update is really nice and everything works great for me! (Not sure about dyes bug that @Playmoarnow mentioned since it never happened to me :3) But one problem is that you can put more than one dye in the dyes slot >>
_D_12XrcS42OK26mE6RR4w.png
Hmm. I just tested this out and I couldn't replicate the problem. Could you disable all your other mods and then tell me if the problem persists?

Still have the single frame issue after updating: https://gyazo.com/c438ddecbcb5a94dc628b4e53ea4482b Still Drew's wings but the look changed a bit (I preferred the old look :L but nothing I can do about that..), tried it on Seraph Tracer wings as well, but much easier to see on drew's.

I got ALmaZss's bug to work as well, just dragged a stack of dyes into the slot. https://gyazo.com/2075fc90bbf76eb83de5cd052e78f6c5 You can also see the one frame w/o dye in this gif, though the lime/blue colors are harder to pick out than white.

Still have the single frame issue after updating: https://gyazo.com/c438ddecbcb5a94dc628b4e53ea4482b Still Drew's wings but the look changed a bit (I preferred the old look :L but nothing I can do about that..), tried it on Seraph Tracer wings as well, but much easier to see on drew's.

I got ALmaZss's bug to work as well, just dragged a stack of dyes into the slot. https://gyazo.com/2075fc90bbf76eb83de5cd052e78f6c5 You can also see the one frame w/o dye in this gif, though the lime/blue colors are harder to pick out than white.
It looks like something is different in your game. I installed Calamity Mod and put on both Drew's Wings and Seraph's Tracers to test.

9SyC69s.gif
xwMjbYW.gif

Notice how I have glowing clouds and your gifs don't. This is probably a bug, a conflict between mods, or a Video settings problem. I would recommend these steps:
  1. Disable all mods besides Wing Slot and try with a pair of default wings.
  2. Disable all mods besides Wing Slot and Calamity and try with a pair of Calamity wings.
  3. Reset your in-game Video settings temporarily by renaming config.json in Documents\My Games\Terraria.
If none of this works, let me know. As for the dye bug, I can replicate it @ALmaZss, I was just doing it wrong. I'll add it as an issue that needs fixing.

Yeah still having it happen. I'm not sure where your particles are coming from as I don't remember ever having particles with my wings, unless it was so long ago I don't remember.

With only WS, Calamity, and cheat sheet on with a new char and new map (was using an RPG character and RPG usually screws with a lot of things) https://gyazo.com/ed3ef16c25c4563fe7b76444a783f17a

My settings from in game settings menu: https://gyazo.com/112b1448b1caf2bc72542424fa6e86eb

My terraria folder with config renamed and moved to desktop, so it's deleted to the game. It didn't regen upon game reload for w/e reason. https://prnt.sc/hxt7zj

Only thing I can think of is that my TML version is old, and no the most recent 10.1.1. I have class now but I'll try it with the new version afterwords.

E: Updated, no change :sigh:

Last edited:
@Playmoarnow , I've just tested this bug and I could replicate it. But the good news is that I think I found solution to it. I've simply put Drew's wings on vanity slot and the frame with white wings has gone!

@Playmoarnow , I've just tested this bug and I could replicate it. But the good news is that I think I found solution to it. I've simply put Drew's wings on vanity slot and the frame with white wings has gone!

That does work! Interesting how decorative functions differently, but that gets rid of my single missing dye frame. Thanks!

Could we get a config that lets us change the location of the Wing Slot? I like having it in the Equipment section....perhaps it could have 3 options (if possible):
1. The current one (next to accessories)
2. A few steps down from Accessories (so you can have 7 slots, 1 from the Demon Heart and another from the MoreAccessories+ mod heart
3. The Equipment section, at the bottom of it (or the side, whichever is possible)

i have found a bug with the wings slot mod, when i put dye on the wings and fly, it flickers and if i was using a a mod called weapons out mod it dyes whatever weapon i'm holding. if you don't know what i mean just enable the wings slot mod, put wings, dye them and fly and you will notice what i'm talking about here. hope that you can fix it.
20180308195011_1.jpg
20180308195022_1.jpg

Welp, i have found a bug, with the Wing Slot. With a mount (at least with a Unicorn Mount) and a Wing in the Wing Slot, the "negates falling damage" don't work. I dunno if this happens with other mounts, but it's annoying have to quit the mount every time that I jump at a high height to negate the bug.

Heeeeelp

Every time I install the wing slot mod I can't load my world and it says load failed. I have to uninstall terraria and reinstall all the mods,minus wing slot,to be able to play. Help.

Every time I install the wing slot mod I can't load my world and it says load failed. I have to uninstall terraria and reinstall all the mods,minus wing slot,to be able to play. Help.
are you sure about that? because I use wing slot mod on every world that I have and I have no problems of "load failed", so it must be a mod on your list thats causing the error.

are you sure about that? because I use wing slot mod on every world that I have and I have no problems of "load failed", so it must be a mod on your list thats causing the error.
It was working but the wing slot was invisible so I disabled the mod and then it all started to bug out

Heyo, awesome mod, such a convenience.

I know you mentioned you were working on the multiplayer visual issue a while ago but I haven't seen anything about it since.

Any update on how you're going with that? Any data I can collect from in game to help you find a fix???

Perhaps allowing wings to still be put in other accessories vanity slots may be the answer??

P.s. Love your work.

Another issue with Wings Slot, though this may be intended: Wings can only be put in the wings slot, not in any main accessory slot like vanilla. This can be a problem with modded accessories that are more than just wings, such as Calamity's Seraph Tracers, when there are stronger pure wings options but you'd also like the side benefits of the rest of the accessory. Current workaround is making another Angel Treads (the non-wings part of Seraph Tracers) and using those instead.

Hello, everyone! Even though I say this every time, I'm sorry I've been gone so long--life just gets in the way. v1.4.0 (and 1.4.1 because I messed up the description) of Wing Slot is released. There's a mod config file now! You can find this in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\.

The first option is allowWingsInAccessorySlots, which lets you equip wings in normal slots rather than being limited to the wing slot. This allows modded accessories that act as more than just wings to be equipped in a normal slot alongside a standard pair of wings. Right-click will still equip wings into the modded slot by default, but you can left-click and drop the accessory into other slots. This option can be set to true or false.

The second option is slotLocation, which (by request) lets you move the slots between the original location (next to the armors/pets/etc.) and the new location (at the bottom-left of the accessories). Note that old problems do resurface if you use the legacy setting: you will have to use keybinds to equip your wings because you can't just left-click and drop them into the slots anymore. This option can be set to 1 (new) or 2 (old).
Could we get a config that lets us change the location of the Wing Slot? I like having it in the Equipment section....perhaps it could have 3 options (if possible):
1. The current one (next to accessories)
2. A few steps down from Accessories (so you can have 7 slots, 1 from the Demon Heart and another from the MoreAccessories+ mod heart
3. The Equipment section, at the bottom of it (or the side, whichever is possible)
I've tried many places for the slots, and unfortunately the two places I've put them tend to work the best due to mod conflicts. I have taken your suggestion, though, and included an option to switch the slots between the old and the new location.
Heyo, awesome mod, such a convenience.
Perhaps allowing wings to still be put in other accessories vanity slots may be the answer??

P.s. Love your work.
First of all, thank you. :D Second, as per a comment from @GCTypo as well, I've included an option in the mod config to allow putting your wings in normal accessory slots. Let me know if this helps fix the issue.
Another issue with Wings Slot, though this may be intended: Wings can only be put in the wings slot, not in any main accessory slot like vanilla. This can be a problem with modded accessories that are more than just wings, such as Calamity's Seraph Tracers, when there are stronger pure wings options but you'd also like the side benefits of the rest of the accessory. Current workaround is making another Angel Treads (the non-wings part of Seraph Tracers) and using those instead.
Hopefully the new option in the mod config will fix this issue!

I don't know if this is a problem with WeaponOut or Wing Slot but when I dye my wings it changes the color of the weapon on my back.
Capture 2018-05-10 01_07_43.png
Note that it doesn't dye the weapon on my back when I uninstall the Wing Slot mod and try to dye my wings normally. So I think it's probably a problem with Wing Slot. But idk, what do you think?

I have the same issue as above with WeaponOut. Last I checked, you could also still stack dyes in the Wing Dye Slot.
Another compatability issue I have noticed is that the Hair Dye for Armor mod by TGM1234.
I have noticed a single compatability mishap, however, in that it seems the Hair Dyes cannot be placed in custom dye slots (or, well, at least the one from the Wing Slot mod) despite all other dyes, including the ones from your other mod, working fine. If I had to guess, it's probably because they're still Hair Dyes and as such not registered as normal dye dyes as well... But, I've not tried modding Terraria before so I can't say for certain. Who knows, it could be on Wing Slot's end, but I figured I'd check here first.
He has not responded, and I believe it may actually be on your end, due to the other unusual effects your dye slot has, such as the aforementioned dye stacking.

Also, I suggest enabling wings in normal accessory slots by default, as the behaviour of no longer being able to equip wings there seems unneccessary and has compatability issues with mods adding wing-like items as stated above. Similarly, many people don't know how to alter Terraria mod configs, and allowing original vanilla behaviour by default just seems like it makes more sense.

Edit like two weeks later:
Also, I'd like to bring attention to the "single frame not getting dye effects" issue again, since I've just now realized it's due to Wing Slot, and not a problem with modded wings, when I tried dying my Stardust Wings black and there was a single frame of normal blue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom