tModLoader abluescarab's Mods

abluescarab

Empress of Light
Intro
Hello, folks! My name is abluescarab and this thread is for the mods I've released. I just started modding Terraria early this August and I have a few mods out that I'd like to share with you guys.

If you'd like to support my work, go ahead and click the AdF.ly links. There's also a direct link for those who don't want the detour.

Disclaimer
Please use these mods at your own risk. I do what I can to make them bug-free, but I can't catch everything. Keep track of the items that are modified by these mods and ensure that you can spawn them back in if something goes wrong!

Other notes:
  • You may not release these mods unaltered under your own name.
  • You may modify these mods and release them as long as my username is mentioned as the original creator. If you do come up with a cool idea, let me know and I may put it in the original mod.
  • You may release these mods in mod compilations, as long as my username is mentioned publicly. Please let me know when you do, because I love to hear when people like my mods!
  • You may use any part of the source code in your own mods as long as attribution is given when the code used is substantial (ex: entire files, entire methods, entire classes).

Mods
Note: Mods can be also be downloaded from the in-game mod browser.
Contents:
  1. Quality of Life: Recipes
  2. Cheat Hotkeys
  3. Insight Reborn
  4. Wing Slot
  5. Second Hotbar
  6. MultiLure
  7. WikiSearch

Quality of Life: Recipes
Steam WorkshopDownloads (AdF.ly) • Downloads (Direct) • Source Code

Quality of Life: Recipes has its own forum thread! Check that out here.

Cheat Hotkeys
  • Refill life (Z)
  • Refill mana (X)
  • Toggle god mode (F)
  • Toggle unlimited ammo (G)
  • Toggle knockback (N)
  • Cycle mining buff modes (V) - cycle between Dangersense, Hunter, and Spelunker vision
  • Toggle mining buff modes (hold V) - turn on/off all three mining buff modes

Insight Reborn

Insight Reborn allows you to see the first 8 items in a chest just by mousing over it. Based on shockah's mod Insight.

Now includes the X-Ray Goggles accessory! You can enable/disable needing the goggles in the mod configuration. Craft X-Ray Goggles at a workbench + chair with 2 lenses and 2 rubies.

Wing Slot

Want to make a mod like Wing Slot? Check out CustomSlot, which uses the UIElement framework built into Terraria.

WARNING
Unequip your wings from the dedicated slot before updating or disabling this mod!

This mod adds a dedicated wing slot to the inventory. Now includes a config file! Access it from the in-game Mod Configuration.
  • Left-click a set of wings or a dye, then place it in the slot.
  • Right-click to equip wings.
  • Shift-right-click to equip wings in the vanity slot.
  • Right-click vanity wings to swap with equipped wings.
  • Left-click the eye icon on the equip slot to toggle visibility.
  • Wings and character movement while flying will not display correctly in multiplayer
  • Custom location will sometimes move off screen when resizing window (use mod config to reset if needed)

Second Hotbar

WARNING
Remove all items from the extra hotbar before updating/disabling this mod!

Based in part on Solo-Ion's Hotbar Swapper, Second Hotbar is a mod that (what else?) adds a second hotbar to your inventory screen. This allows the bottom row of the inventory to be used for any items without worrying about arranging them correctly.
  • Place items in the desired slot on the second hotbar.
  • Press Tab to swap the main hotbar and second hotbar.
  • Press Alt plus a hotbar key (default 1-9 and 0) to swap a single item.
  • Keys can be changed in the Controls screen.

MultiLure

MultiLure is a mod that adds a configurable number of lures while fishing and allows you to carry up to 99 quest fish in your inventory. MultiLure now includes fishing line accessories for those who don't like cheating. (Thanks to Dark Dragoon's Multi Lure Accessories mod for the idea!)
  • Includes Cheat Sheet and HERO's Mod integration (hotkeys work with or without integration)
  • Press [ to remove a lure
  • Press ] to add a lure
  • Hold shift to add/remove 10 lures (works with both hotkeys and Cheat Sheet/HERO's Mod)
Notes:
  • Bait is used faster.
  • Not all lures will have catches. Just reel it in when you're ready.
  • If a quest fish is in your inventory when you cast, you still can't catch any more. Drop the existing fish or put them in a chest and try again.

WikiSearch

Based on @DrEinsteinium's tWiki mod, WikiSearch is a tModLoader mod that allows you to search the Terraria Wiki and any registered mod wikis for whatever is under the mouse cursor.
  • Press Q to search the wiki while hovering over any item, NPC, or tile.
  • Now has mod support! Included mods: Thorium, Calamity, Spirit, Fargo's, and Tremor.
Visit the GitHub for instructions on registering your own mod.

• Some naturally-placed tiles cannot be searched
  • Chests open the chest page instead of the individual page

Credits

• @jopojelly for code that: draws item slots to the left of the dyes; saves and loads items in custom slots; and fixed multiple bugs in Wing Slot
  • @Boffin for his (our) UI toolkit, TerraUI, and for suggesting the mod debuff solution for Cheat Hotkeys
  • @Solo-Ion for his Hotbar Swapper mod
  • Barack Obama Ross for his Cheat Sheet Extended mod
  • @Shockah for the original Insight mod
  • @Nomad000 for his suggestion for the MultiLure mod
  • @Mechantera for suggesting the Wing Slot vanity slot
  • rsw0x for fixing the duplication issue in Second Hotbar
  • @VVV101 for updating Wing Slot and MultiLure while I was gone
  • @DrEinsteinium for the original tWiki mod
  • @ÐarkŁight for suggesting mod support for WikiSearch, linking some mod wikis, and updating WikiSearch with Steam overlay support
  • @Dark Dragoon for Multi Lure Accessories

Last edited:
Can you do a cheat that adds several lures to rods so It'd be alot easier to fish/less time consuming?

Can you do a cheat that adds several lures to rods so It'd be alot easier to fish/less time consuming?
I'll see what I can do. :) No guarantees, but I'll poke around and see what's possible.

Edit: MultiLure is released! Hope it's what you wanted!

Last edited:
Is it possible to add a vanity wings slot to the wing dedicated slot mod? I really like the look of certain wings I have, but the other wings are better...

I use Wing Slot long ago, I love this mod as I consider wings necessary an accessory for a game (especially on the expert with mods complicating a game.) Is to steam of offer concerning this mod.
As wings receive the individual slot, like a hook, I think it is worth forbidding wings to have the bonus raising characteristics of the character. Respectively it will become impossible to improve at the Engineer them also.

I've installed this mod, and I found that once a wing is placed into the slot, it cannot be removed except by right-clicking a different wing to replace it. At first I thought it was because it was a wing from a mod, but after replacing it with a vanilla wing, I still have the problem. As well, the visibility icon for the wing slot is unresponsive, and is off by default. Reading the changelog above, perhaps the unresponsiveness bug was not fully fixed? Or perhaps the mod just needs to be updated for Terraria 1.3

Is it possible to create dye slot in your wing slot mod? Sometimes i love the wings design but i hate its color i also hate when my armor is dyed green and my wings aren't.
This is on my to-do list! I'm busy with classes at the moment, so I can't guarantee when it will be done. Bug reports also take precedence over new features, and I've received a couple of reports.
I use Wing Slot long ago, I love this mod as I consider wings necessary an accessory for a game (especially on the expert with mods complicating a game.) Is to steam of offer concerning this mod.
As wings receive the individual slot, like a hook, I think it is worth forbidding wings to have the bonus raising characteristics of the character. Respectively it will become impossible to improve at the Engineer them also.
@Nova Dee, would you mind elaborating? I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do.
I've installed this mod, and I found that once a wing is placed into the slot, it cannot be removed except by right-clicking a different wing to replace it. At first I thought it was because it was a wing from a mod, but after replacing it with a vanilla wing, I still have the problem. As well, the visibility icon for the wing slot is unresponsive, and is off by default. Reading the changelog above, perhaps the unresponsiveness bug was not fully fixed? Or perhaps the mod just needs to be updated for Terraria 1.3
I was not aware of this bug! As I mentioned above, I am busy with classes, but I will work on it ASAP. The mod is 1.3 compatible, so it's either a problem with the WingSlot mod itself or with the TerraUI toolkit. It will go on the top of the to-do list. I check the forums occasionally, but you'd have better luck reaching me sooner on the GitHub issues page. I've already added your issue there. :)

I wasn't able to replicate these issues myself, but I compiled the mod for Terraria 1.3.3.2 and hope that solves them. Please feel free to let me know if any problems persist. You can find the new version on the GitHub page or in the Mod Browser. I also solved a PVP icon bug reported by a user on GitHub.

Could you fix the fact that it's impossible to use the vanity wing slot? When you pick up a wing it automatically switches to the main equipment screen with the armor and accessories.

Could you fix the fact that it's impossible to use the vanity wing slot? When you pick up a wing it automatically switches to the main equipment screen with the armor and accessories.
That was behavior I couldn't figure out how to override. Please shift-right-click a set of wings in your inventory to equip them in your vanity slot. Right-click another set of wings in your inventory to equip them in the standard slot.

experiences :
- 2nd hotbar items will be kept over by midcore characters on death
not sure if that was intended or if it would be wise to change that behavior
-2nd hotbar items are "unavailable" when not active, meaning : it will not stack items on pickup, and it can't autoswitch to the inactive hotbar (example your axe in your 2nd hotbar will be unavailable when using "tool autoswitching".)

- seems to works fine on modloader 0.8.3.5 & terraria 1.3.3.3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom