Biomes & Nature About the Crumbling Dungeon Blocks

Kats

Pixel Pirate
Heyo!

So, I love these blocks, made looking around the dungeon more fun with how you "never" know when you might stumble upon a new corridor/room (until you realize Dangersense Potions highlight the blocks :p), or fall into a pit of spikes (until you reach late pre-hardmode/hardmode and these spikes do no damage, which you will see in another post I make right after this one lmao.)

Anyway!

About the crumbling blocks, could we please make these ALL disappear when stepped on? I might be a little nitpicky and just hate leaving the few remaining blocks around but spamming grapple hook/mining them gets annoying. :p
In the case of pits, make them all disappear instantly, always.
In the case of corridors maybe crumble all tiles that were currently on screen at the point of when player hit them/grappled them? Or maybe make these crumble veins or whatever to call them be "grouped" and once enough blocks in a "group" have been broken, the few stubborn buggers remaining disappear as well.

These remaining few blocks have saved me more times than they should in pre-hardmode lol, where I stumble upon a pit with spikes but miraculously land on one of them stubborn blocks.
Though they have also killed me post-plantera dungeon when I really start exploring, and I get overwhelmed by mobs and get entirely stuck because of these blocks.

Either of these two don't feel all that fun, getting stuck because of a single block, that is really hard to actually see as they look more like the background than the actual dungeon blocks when there's only one of them.
And getting saved by a block when I should've "died" from falling down a pit too doesn't feel all that fun.

Oh and, yeah, cleaning these blocks up because I hate seeing them sitting around is also not fun. :p

Last edited:
I kinda get your point but I don't think entire pits should vanish at once. I like how the blocks crumble a bit at a time and you land on a lower one and this gives you a very split-second chance to escape your doom. It's really neat.

The only thing I don't like is how the crumbling is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes grappling the same block multiple times will not break it and you have to pluck it with your pickaxe. It should be a lot easier to break them.

I kinda get your point but I don't think entire pits should vanish at once. I like how the blocks crumble a bit at a time and you land on a lower one and this gives you a very split-second chance to escape your doom. It's really neat.

The only thing I don't like is how the crumbling is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes grappling the same block multiple times will not break it and you have to pluck it with your pickaxe. It should be a lot easier to break them.

Hmm, yeah. You right, having a splitsecond to try and get to safety is cool...
But for it to be cool, they do indeed have to fix their inconsistency like you said, since right now, landing on one of these blocks that didn't disappear, will not vanish unless spammed with grapple hook, at least not in my experience. xD

Back
Top Bottom