tModLoader Absalon Mod(Open Beta)(Formerly BMod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 Shortswords Made!
True Night's Tip:
True Night's_Tip.png

Death's Anarchy:
Death's Anarchy.png

True Death's Anarchy:
True Death's Anarchy.png

Anyone know a good coder that may be willing the help out with the mod?(honestly I really need a coder)(I have lots of spriters but only a beginner coder and me who is worse then the beginner and can only do basic stuff. I have no skill writing code but I have a understanding of it Is basically it with me and no coding passion so learning or even coding basic lessons just feels a little agonizing in a way)(I enjoy spriting but not coding)

Just made a shortsword version of the Terra Blade!
Terra Piercer:
Terra Piercer.png

Terra Blade(Vanilla):
Terra_Blade.png

Did I do a good job?
Btw im likely to redo the Blade Of The End soon(My plan is a assortment of dark colors since the terra blade uses a assortment of light colors)

Just made a shortsword version of the Terra Blade!
Terra Piercer: View attachment 112901
Terra Blade(Vanilla): View attachment 112902
Did I do a good job?
Btw im likely to redo the Blade Of The End soon(My plan is a assortment of dark colors since the terra blade uses a assortment of light colors)
Doesn't, per say, look like a shortsword. It looks like a sword. If you change the top to be different then the original, it might not be too bad.

I actually shortened the top a little when making it
That doesn't change a thing. Shortswords are for stabbing, not slicing. Even if you shorten it a bit, it looks like it'd slice people, not stab people. This is also a problem I noticed with Night's Tip, and yet the Rapier of Grass is fine.

That doesn't change a thing. Shortswords are for stabbing, not slicing. Even if you shorten it a bit, it looks like it'd slice people, not stab people. This is also a problem I noticed with Night's Tip, and yet the Rapier of Grass is fine.
A bit of a curve doesnt mean its not for stabbing with both its just a tip.

A bit of a curve doesnt mean its not for stabbing with both its just a tip.
I'm giving you feedback, and you don't seem to even be taking it into consideration... Try rotating it to be straight in front of you, like a shortsword. Does it look like it'd fit as a shortsword?

I'm giving you feedback, and you don't seem to even be taking it into consideration... Try rotating it to be straight in front of you, like a shortsword. Does it look like it'd fit as a shortsword?
maybe its just I feel like the minor curve doesnt ruin it as a shortsword honestly I think keeping it looks better then straightening and sorry about the attitude in answering back about it. Thx for the feedback though but im likely to keep it the way it is

Last edited:
maybe its just I feel like the minor curve doesnt ruin it as a shortsword honestly I think keeping it looks better then straightening and sorry about the attitude in answering back about it. Thx for the feedback though but im likely to keep it the way it is
46 x 54
44 x 52
The only difference in size is 2 x 2, and the hilt is one of those 2's!
It's called a shortsword, that means make it SHORTER. 2 x 2 shorter is not enough, and as already mentioned, the curve makes it look like a sword, and by only being 2 x 2 shorter makes it even more swordly. Not only that, but it is EXACTLY as thick as the original, which isn't really too big a deal, but it's somehow important to mention. It also has too much clear bits, and it's name sounds better for a spear. Terra Dagger would probably work better, since the name of the Terra Blade is simple, so why not keep other Terra items simple?
So, I decided to try and re-sprite your Terra shortsword. I think it looks more like a shortsword, with some aspects from the original still in.
Terra Piercer.png
Terra Dagger.png

Yours compared to my try at it.
I might sound a bit more annoyed in this post then my other ones toward this subject.

46 x 54
44 x 52
The only difference in size is 2 x 2, and the hilt is one of those 2's!
It's called a shortsword, that means make it SHORTER. 2 x 2 shorter is not enough, and as already mentioned, the curve makes it look like a sword, and by only being 2 x 2 shorter makes it even more swordly. Not only that, but it is EXACTLY as thick as the original, which isn't really too big a deal, but it's somehow important to mention. It also has too much clear bits, and it's name sounds better for a spear. Terra Dagger would probably work better, since the name of the Terra Blade is simple, so why not keep other Terra items simple?
So, I decided to try and re-sprite your Terra shortsword. I think it looks more like a shortsword, with some aspects from the original still in.
View attachment 113024 View attachment 113025
Yours compared to my try at it.
I might sound a bit more annoyed in this post then my other ones toward this subject.
I still prefer the one I made(I looked at a angle it looked sideways to me even) and to be fair I was the one that started with the annoyed tone so its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom