Sprites Accessory Rejuvenation and Expansion

Leapfrog Socks (Frog Leg + Tabi)
•You can dash in all cardinal directions, and fall resistance is increased by 25 blocks.
•Allows auto-jump and instant turning, and doubles jump and running acceleration speed.

Yeah no this is broken, lol.

I think you greatly underestimate just how useful the Dash and the Frog Leg are, since this thing is nowhere near balanced. Not sure how often i'm going to dash down, but god damn even the "you can dash up" of this is insane. And of course, you can't just give the Tabi all the flight speed from the Frog Leg.

The Tabi is probably the best accessory in the game already due to the sheer utility of the dash, it doesn't need a buff let alone one this massive. Frog Leg also just needs a little more (and even then, it's just because of the unwritten "noting should be left without a tinker" rule), not something so insane like this.

I also just want to point out a funny story of mine: I tried the Frostspark Boots with my Wings on some bosses again, and I started to see a difference. Then I realized I was imagining it because they were sitting in my hotbar and never actually equipped.

Last edited:
Yeah no this is broken, lol.

I think you greatly underestimate just how useful the Dash and the Frog Leg are, since this thing is nowhere near balanced. Not sure how often i'm going to dash down, but god damn even the "you can dash up" of this is insane. And of course, you can't just give the Tabi all the flight speed from the Frog Leg.

The Tabi is probably the best accessory in the game already due to the sheer utility of the dash, it doesn't need a buff let alone one this massive. Frog Leg also just needs a little more (and even then, it's just because of the unwritten "noting should be left without a tinker" rule), not something so insane like this.

I also just want to point out a funny story of mine: I tried the Frostspark Boots with my Wings on some bosses again, and I started to see a difference. Then I realized I was imagining it because they were sitting in my hotbar and never actually equipped.
Yeah, I didn't think that through fully. I wanted to try something besides Frog Leg + Frostspark (or Spectrolite, in this case), but couldn't really find anything that isn't just redundancy to the max (Shiny Red Balloon and Lucky Horseshoe).

Also, yes, I do indeed also wear my boots on my hands.

Alright, I swapped out an accessory or two for two new ones (one's without a sprite, though), rebalanced a couple of items, and, most importantly...
You don't have to scroll for three years now 'cuz everything's in a spoiler, YAAAAY

Just a final nitpick, that Paladin's Shield's tinker is actually a downgrade, since you are trading the main thing (KB immunity) for resistance to debuffs, which all literally don't show up ever again after you are done with the Dungeon.

And tbh Pyramids are so badly designed that I actually support making the Sandstorm bottle a HM item if they never get a rework.

Reactions: Bry
So, two big shout outs to the Quality of Life: Recipes mod and the Assorted Crazy Things mod.
Qol:R lets you combine Frog Leg and Lucky Horseshoe into the Frog Shoe, and later lets you bundle all of those with the (existing) balloons set up to get a super bundle.

Your current Bloon Twister doesn't provide immunity from fall damage, or allow the "down" effects. Not sure if this is a balancing thing, since you can only land once and having 8 or 9 effects in one landing is kinda... a lot.

I enjoy your additional balloons, but one thing that bugged me about the 1.3.5 Balloon recipes is it sets up the logic that _____ in a Bottle + shiny red balloon = _____ in a Balloon, but then we have Star in a Bottle and Wisp in a Bottle that can't be ballooned. I gotta thank the Assorted Crazy Things mod who seems to have some kinda balloon fetish for adding those in at my request.

So, two big shout outs to the Quality of Life: Recipes mod and the Assorted Crazy Things mod.
Qol:R lets you combine Frog Leg and Lucky Horseshoe into the Frog Shoe, and later lets you bundle all of those with the (existing) balloons set up to get a super bundle.

Your current Bloon Twister doesn't provide immunity from fall damage, or allow the "down" effects. Not sure if this is a balancing thing, since you can only land once and having 8 or 9 effects in one landing is kinda... a lot.

I enjoy your additional balloons, but one thing that bugged me about the 1.3.5 Balloon recipes is it sets up the logic that _____ in a Bottle + shiny red balloon = _____ in a Balloon, but then we have Star in a Bottle and Wisp in a Bottle that can't be ballooned. I gotta thank the Assorted Crazy Things mod who seems to have some kinda balloon fetish for adding those in at my request.
Okay, not the place for shout-outs, and it's a balancing thing for different reasons; I could just make the Impact attack utilize the last jump used.
I realize that you can flip off fall damage right from the start of the game if you get lucky, but my reasoning for not adding the Weighted Bloon Twister was that I wanted you to manage your extreme mid-air agility. If anything, I can mix the Bloon Twister with the Frog Leg so you can just keep holding JUMP to ascend, but I don't want you to be a stunt plane AND have the ability to turn fall damage against enemies.

Yeah, that second shout-out was completely unnecessary. I don't really care about those trends; I'll break 'em if I need to (or want to, frankly).

Okay I spent like the entire day revising most of the :red: on here with the biggest time-sponges being the Anklet of the Wind and Spectrolite Boots (which I renamed to Ominiboots because nfquiopenmgfipqejgnmeqipjgnpj) and the fact that getting distracted with another thread caused this page to reload which forced me to retype all of the new stuff in the Damage Retaliation section so you guys better appreciate this or I'm gonna feel like I wasted an entire day.
I don't actually mean the first part of that last part; you can appreciate this if you want. I've already accepted that this took way longer than it should've.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
Omniboots (Frostspark Boots + Frog Leg + Lava Waders)

"¿Por qué no los dos?" moment. This does way too many things to ever be added to the game (i'm not quoting the full thing for a reason), but hey it's fun.

Shadowflame Charm (Dropped by Goblin Summoners)
•Minions inflict Shadowflame for 9 seconds.
•A Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, acting like a 1-segment Stardust Dragon that can't quite stay on enemies as well as the dragon can.
Damage: 50 (Summon)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Strike Chance: 8%

Just pointing out that just one segment of a Dragon is already comparable to a Megashark with some minion setup, and this has even more base damage. This would need to deal much less damage and/or attack incredibly slowly to be balanced.

Also minions can't crit

Cross Necklace
•Instead of doubling invincibility time, this adds a 50% chance of reducing the next attack's damage by 50%. If the effect fails to trigger, a further 25% is added to both the chance and the damage reduction, increasing to 75% on a second hit and to 100% upon a third.
-----◘The effect has no cooldown; you still take knockback and receive debuffs from attacks, even if damage reduction reaches 100%.
•The original effect only helps with consecutive hits, which I'm pretty sure is the Cobalt Shield's purpose. Hell, the shield even has a cross and everything!
Grants Divine Protection
hUgbyem.png
(1 minute after getting hit, 100% chance)

Devil's Gamble (Obsidian Rose + Nature's Gift)
Both flowers felt underutilized to me, so I decided to mix them both. The effects are now all mana-related, with some risk-reward thrown in.
•Reduces mana cost by 7%, and then further reduces it by a static 1.
•When under 25% mana, damage dealt and received is increased and mana cost is decreased by 25%.

These two are really cool. Cross necklace may or may not scale too amazingly with other % reductions, but i love the idea regardless.

Thunderhead
•Arrows unleash electricity on impact with an enemy, zapping three other nearby foes for 40% damage (plus 15% for every enemy less) and inflicting them with Electrified.
-----◘Critical hits can zap up to a whopping six foes, instead.
----------○All electricity can branch off to up to three more enemies if they're close enough to the initial target.
•40% increased arrow knockback
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from electricity, 100% chance)

What did Destroyer do to deserve this

Looking at how strong multishot Bows get with Holy arrows I really don't know how to feel about giving Bows another On-Hit effect due to how many times they can proc it in a second.
Depending on how much range the "chaining" has this can get really out of hand against regular enemies, not to mention that most bosses have some second hitboxes you'd hit to proc the chains. Maybe move it to Mage instead? I know of some magic weapons (*cough* Nebula Blaze *cough*) that would love this.

Last edited:
"¿Por qué no los dos?" moment. This does way too many things to ever be added to the game (i'm not quoting the full thing for a reason), but hey it's fun.

Just pointing out that just one segment of a Dragon is already comparable to a Megashark with some minion setup, and this has even more base damage. This would need to deal much less damage and/or attack incredibly slowly to be balanced.

What did Destroyer do to deserve this
Looking at how strong multishot Bows get with Holy arrows I really don't know how to feel about giving Bows another On-Hit effect due to how many times they can proc it in a second.
Depending on how much range the "chaining" has this can get really out of hand against regular enemies, not to mention that most bosses have some second hitboxes you'd hit to proc the chains. Maybe move it to Mage instead? I know of some magic weapons (*cough* Nebula Blaze *cough*) that would love this.
Just showin' what it would take to make the Frostlava combo work.

As the very description of the charm says, the Apparition would not be able to track foes super great compared to the Stardust Dragon, making it prone to hit a lot less. Thinking about it now, though, I probably should still lower the damage, since I had just intended it to be a small bonus. Maybe to 40.

Oh, hm. I just wanted to do something with the Magic Quiver; perhaps I should pull from an old suggestion for that, instead. The electricity effect was originally meant to just hit one adjacent foe, but that would suck for the Lightning in a Balloon, and I didn't wanna change the effects from Stormhead to Balloon, so I buffed the effect dramatically.
With that being said, though, I actually like your idea, because I completely forgot how freakin' mediocre Mages' accessories (and Pillar weapons) are. I'll make that change when I have time.
EDIT: Wait, damnit, that creates a new problem with the item concept itself. Aaaaaaaaaa that took me so long to come up with!

Okay I have now gone through this suggestion a third time, and a fourth is probably guaranteed thanks to the Anklet of the Wind.
I did a LOT of repurposing items and moving effects around, and a lot of things were buffed. I'm probably going to give the Anklet of the Wind a big, meaty nerf, though; problem is that I don't know whaaaat to replace the old effect with, which is preventing me from working on any of its tinkers.

I'm thinking about giving the Pufferfish Balloon full water slowdown resistance instead of just vertically, and the Jellyfish Necklace an additional defensive ability.
Maybe the Informational accessories could also give small stat boosts, like +5% movement speed for the Watches, or a small chance of minor damage reduction for the Radar. I dunno how necessary that is, though.

Last edited:
•Allows you to land on top of liquids, fire blocks and Thin Ice without any adverse effects, and grants 12 seconds of immunity to lava.
Looking through the updated ones, this is the description for the omniboots, why is the 12 second immunity back when it was removed from all the other versions?

Also, why'd you remove the immunity to fire blocks from the obsidian skull? That was the only reason I ever made that one (too lazy to farm for the ankh charm, no point in doing the obsidian shield upgrade then.)

Reactions: Bry
Looking through the updated ones, this is the description for the omniboots, why is the 12 second immunity back when it was removed from all the other versions?

Also, why'd you remove the immunity to fire blocks from the obsidian skull? That was the only reason I ever made that one (too lazy to farm for the ankh charm, no point in doing the obsidian shield upgrade then.)
For the Omniboots, as I said in the update post, I have not touched any tinkers the Anklet of the Wind is a part of. Nothing was really stopping me from making the small change, but I just like doing everything all at once, I guess; I dunno.
For the Obsidian Skull, I had originally wanted to keep the fire damage resistance and fire block immunity separate as well as remove some clutter from the Lava Waders' recipe by just adding the ability onto the Lava Charm. Thinking about it now, though, I realize that having both effects on the same accessory would work thematically for both the Ankh Shield AND the Lava Waders (further debuff resistance and further fire resistance, respectively). Maybe I will change that back.

Round 3, here we go:

Arctic Diving Gear (Deepsea Diving Gear + Frozen Turtle Shell [YEEEP])
It just fits so perfectly.
•Lets you swim, extends your breath meter to 2 minutes, and produces a light-blue glow.
•Ups your max running speed to 170%, and allows for normal horizontal speed underwater that is maintained when swimming
-----◘When in and for 6 seconds after exiting water, your max speed increases to 200%.
•When under half health, damage taken, breath loss, and drowning speed are reduced by 25%, and your glow becomes a lot stronger.

Umm... you see how I dislike Lavaspark Boots ideas because it tries to add a hard-to-obtain and bad QoL item to an actual useful accessory without improving either and it's only proposed for flavor reasons? Yeah...

q8t1ciS.png

Cadence Badge (Dropped by Hallowed Mimics)
•Increases maximum health and mana by 5%; you gain aggro as your health depletes, but lower it when using mana. This... makes it more suited for Mages than for any other class, actually. Hm.

Hold up, so according to the examples a Mage will not be aggro'd when they are in perfect condition, yet they'll be almost the main focus when they are about to die and completely defenseless without any mana? Shouldn't that be the other way around? Does aggro even matter all that much?

Thresher Crystal Necklace (Shark Tooth Necklace + Cadence Badge)
•Actually DECREASES Armor Penetration by 10 (effectively increasing enemy defense), but kills restore health and mana equal to half the enemy's defense, up to 10 HP per kill.

This is um, really bad. You gain only a bit of health and a negligible amount of mana on kills, and even if the HP is kinda nice losing 5 fixed damage for the class where almost all good weapons are "I hit a lot but my base damage is low" doesn't compensate. And I am assuming only a mage will use this, as the health buffs alone aren't worth it for any other class. At least turn the negative into a positive so it's worth using.

hBXzPEV.png

Obsidian Rose (Dropped by Imps)
Now dons a much prettier sprite! And alongside it, a new ability:
•Reduces damage taken from all fire debuffs except Frostburn by 1 per tick, completely shutting down On Fire.
•Increases damage dealt and reduces damage taken by 25% [Probably a bit too much now, idk] when on fire.
-----◘Debuffs that activate this effect are: On Fire!, Burning, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, and Daybroken.

Probably the most well made one in the list. Now you can make very interesting Risk-Reward (you removed the lava damage reduction, right?) strategies with Lava during bosses that aren't so devastating and dangerous to try out, since the On Fire won't chip you to death anymore; or just carry a Bucket of Lava around and use it when you need the power. This is really nice...

fY4go7g.png

Molten Carapace (Obsidian Rose + Frozen Turtle Shell)
•Reduces damage taken from all fire debuffs except Frostburn by 2 per tick; halves Chilled's slowdown and Frozen's duration.
•Increases damage dealt and reduces damage taken by 25% when overly hot or cold, and further reduces damage taken by 25% when under 50% health.
-----◘Debuffs that activate this effect are: On Fire!, Chilled, Frostburn, Frozen, Burning, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, and Daybroken.

...and now you broke it in half because you gave it another very good ability that makes it much safer and you allowed to build arenas with some water in the Ice biome to remove all the damage you'd have taken from the Lava.

Ward Shield (Pocket Mirror + Ankh Shield)
•Reduces all damage by 12.5%, plus an additional 37.5% when it comes to fire and offensive debuffs, 12.5% when it comes to ice (totals: -50% fire and debuff damage,
-25% ice damage, -12.5% damage from everything else).
•Grants you immunity to a myriad of debuffs as well as knockback and fire blocks; grants a 25% damage bonus against enemies that inflict the debuffs in question.
•Any magic projectiles that hit the front bottom-half of your character (where the shield would be) will be deflected, protecting you from them while sending them to attack enemies.

Why the heck isn't this called the Mirror Shield

The stuff in red seems pointless. They'll rarely show up and not even be that good when they do, just count how many times you've used Warmth potions and compare the impact they had to what this could do. It'd just clutter the tooltip.

Also now that it can reflect stuff (shouldn't be limited to magic tbh) it shouldn't reduce damage as well otherwise this...

KhzCETu.png

Cryo Guard (Paladin's Shield + Frozen Turtle Shell)
Another very good item combo that seriously needs to be a thing already.
•Grants 6 defense.
•Absorb 25% of damage taken by teammates when over 25% HP.
•Damage taken is reduced by 25% when under 50% HP.

Is pretty much the better this.

Last edited:
Wooly Mask (Hand Warmer + Blindfold)
Weird combo, no?
•Grants immunity to Chilled, Frostburn, Frozen, and Darkness, and reduces all damage from ice by 12.5%; deal 25% more damage to enemies that inflict these debuffs.
Throw it in the Ankh Shield and make us s u f f e r.
uh, you should replace blindfold + hand warmer with blindfold + pocket mirror, and call it "myth immunity" or something like that, than do hand warmer + ankh shield this new supreme accessory, just to do not make it a pain to get

Yiiiikes, seems I'm rapidly devolving in quality.
Round 3, here we go:

Umm... you see how I dislike Lavaspark Boots ideas because it tries to add a hard-to-obtain and bad QoL item to an actual useful accessory without improving either and it's only proposed for flavor reasons? Yeah...

Hold up, so according to the examples a Mage will not be aggro'd when they are in perfect condition, yet they'll be almost the main focus when they are about to die and completely defenseless without any mana? Shouldn't that be the other way around? Does aggro even matter all that much?

This is um, really bad. You gain only a bit of health and a negligible amount of mana on kills, and even if the HP is kinda nice losing 5 fixed damage for the class where almost all good weapons are "I hit a lot but my base damage is low" doesn't compensate. And I am assuming only a mage will use this, as the health buffs alone aren't worth it for any other class. At least turn the negative into a positive so it's worth using.

Probably the most well made one in the list. Now you can make very interesting Risk-Reward (you removed the lava damage reduction, right?) strategies with Lava during bosses that aren't so devastating and dangerous to try out, since the On Fire won't chip you to death anymore; or just carry a Bucket of Lava around and use it when you need the power. This is really nice...

...and now you broke it in half because you gave it another very good ability that makes it much safer and you allowed to build arenas with some water in the Ice biome to remove all the damage you'd have taken from the Lava.

Why the heck isn't this called the Mirror Shield
The stuff in red seems pointless. They'll rarely show up and not even be that good when they do, just count how many times you've used Warmth potions and compare the impact they had to what this could do. It'd just clutter the tooltip.
Also now that it can reflect stuff (shouldn't be limited to magic tbh) it shouldn't reduce damage as well otherwise this...
KhzCETu.png

Is pretty much the better
this.
Thank you for being willing to do this, J.
Yeah, I didn't think this would work, either; just wanted to test the waters with this one *cough*.
I'm just doing the aggro thing because the other Biome Mimic accessories did it; thinking about it now, though, removing the aggro mechanic would probably still make it fit as the "neutral" accessory of the three.
The point of the Cadence Badge was to slightly improve your survivability until you start getting hit, and then you start getting into trouble; this issue would be quelled slightly by Mages, who would have their aggro lowered a bit when out of mana. Your point makes me realize that this was a stupid idea, though

God damnit. I think I unconciously applied your advice on the Flesh Fang Necklace to THIS, for some reason.
Yeah, the reduction is on the Obsidian Skull now, and has been generalized to all fire.
HAHA, :red: I didn't consider that. Maybe I can covert the Frozen Turtle Shell's effect into an offensive buff, like I did in the original suggestion it appeared in. Would work thematically, too.
Because that name's a low-hanging fruit, even if it is probably better.
I feel like it's still more applicable than the immunity to Burning, but I get your point (I've never used a Warmth Potion).
Good point (should I grant general projectile reflection to the Pocket Mirror, too?); I'll just revert it to 5 defense. I might also add something new to the Eskimo Shield, if I can come up with anything.

uh, you should replace blindfold + hand warmer with blindfold + pocket mirror, and call it "myth immunity" or something like that, than do hand warmer + ankh shield this new supreme accessory, just to do not make it a pain to get
You realize that the Hand Warmer is EASIER to get than the Pocket Mirror, right?
That's why I gave the Pocket Mirror a new ability, and why adding it to the Ankh Shield right at the end is an actually significant tinker instead of just granting another immunity.

It's ok, some things just need a bit more thought on how they'd work in practice. Call me Bame btw.

HAHA, :red: I didn't consider that. Maybe I can covert the Frozen Turtle Shell's effect into an offensive buff, like I did in the original suggestion it appeared in. Would work thematically, too.

The issue here is adding another, good effect to it on top of the Risk-Reward one, since now it's good to use without taking any risks, and stupidly powerful when you do. Even worse when the effect is something like the Frozen Turtle Shell's that already complements the Obsidian Rose by increasing its reward even further without adding any more risk (being at half health is barely an added risk when all the extra damage you'd be taking from the Lava basically ensures that).

I think the best solution is to remove the 25% DR from the Rose and making the Molten Carapace give you the Ice Barrier buff when On Fire, because on second thought the combo this item could have with the Frozen Turtle Shell alone is way too good (and 25% damage and DR is probably too much for pHM accessory standards).

(should I grant general projectile reflection to the Pocket Mirror, too?); I'll just revert it to 5 defense. I might also add something new to the Eskimo Shield, if I can come up with anything.

Sure, make the lone thing much less situational as well. Eskimo Shield is fine, the Frozen Turtle Shell is in a spot where it needs something but not too much, and KB immunity is that something.

Last edited:
It's ok, some things just need a bit more thought on how they'd work in practice. Call me Bame btw.

The issue here is adding another, good effect to it on top of the Risk-Reward one, since now it's good to use without taking any risks, and stupidly powerful when you do. Even worse when the effect is something like the Frozen Turtle Shell's that already complements the Obsidian Rose by increasing its reward even further without adding any more risk (being at half health is barely an added risk when all the extra damage you'd be taking from the Lava basically ensures that).

I think the best solution is to remove the 25% DR from the Rose and making the Molten Carapace give you the Ice Barrier buff when On Fire, because on second thought the combo this item could have with the Frozen Turtle Shell alone is way too good (and 25% damage and DR is probably too much for pHM accessory standards).

Sure, make the lone thing much less situational as well. Eskimo Shield is fine, the Frozen Turtle Shell is in a spot where it needs something but not too much, and KB immunity is that something.
Alright, I made all the suggested changes and fixed all the specified problems (I hope), as well as a lot more. Gotcha, Bame.

Uhhhh... 400 Magic damage? At the start of hardmode? Please make the shooting star balloon do a little less. That's twice as strong as even the meowmere. And adding a horseshoe makes that even stronger...

Aside from that, I'm loving all of these ideas! Even the extreme jank the Gravity Globe would cause lmao.

Only other thing I would suggest is doing something nice for my close friend the Frog Leg, but there's not really many option left.
Even the omniboots?

Back
Top Bottom