Sprites Accessory Rejuvenation and Expansion

BLSN6dS.png

Frog Balloons (Respective bundle + Frog Leg)
•BONUS: Auto-jump now also allows you to use the three jumps in the bundle without ever letting go of the SPACE bar, and you can hold UP to ascend even faster.
•Non-Weather balloon effects now also have a 15% chance of dealing critical hits and inflict debuffs for 25% longer.

Remember how when I was talking about the Molten Carapace I said that two accessories that complement each other extremely well are better off not being combined into one for balancing reasons? Well, that again. I'm also pretty sure that the first Bonus is a negative effect, since you almost never want to use up all the jumps at once and it'll just mess you up.

BtnrjLx.png

Ward Shield (Pocket Mirror + Ankh Shield)
•Grants 5 defense, knockback immunity, and a tripled invincibility time.
•Grants you immunity to almost all debuffs, and completely shuts down all DoT effects except Suffocation and drowning but including The Tongue.
•Increases total health regen by 50% for as long as (most) any debuff lasts or would last; the effect stacks now, granting a bonus 20% total health regen for each additional debuff.
•Provides the following stat bonuses: +5% damage, +8% attack speed, +3% critical strike chance, +17% knockback, +15% defense, +14% movement speed, +11% mining speed, 20% increased healing from dropped hearts
•Increases weapon accuracy [Accuracy is not a stat in Terraria, but I assume this means stuff that fires in spreads doesn't] healing from dropped hearts by 20%, and health regen by a tiny amount.
•Any projectiles that hit the front bottom-half of your character (where the shield would be) will be deflected, protecting you from damage while sending them to attack enemies.

I mean, this was good the way it was before, I'm not too sure why you felt the need to bloat it with tertiaries like this (you even wrote one twice, that's how loaded it is now). One thing is though, that 1.5x regen with any debuff is big, and I'd already use an item that does that alone.

Last edited:
Remember how when I was talking about the Molten Carapace I said that two accessories that complement each other extremely well are better off not being combined into one for balancing reasons? Well, that again. I'm also pretty sure that the first Bonus is actually a negative effect, since you almost never want to use up all the jumps at once and it'll just mess you up.

I mean, this was good the way it was before, I'm not too sure why you felt the need to bloat it with tertiaries like this (you even wrote one twice, that's how loaded it is now). One thing is though, that 1.5x regen with any debuff is big, and I'd already use an item that does that alone.
TI'm half-tempted to just prevent those from being equipped alongside Wings as well, but at that point it's just faulty and lazy design.
I think the reality here is that the Frog Leg is the one accessory that shouldn't have a tinker, as everything I've tried is far too powerful. I could always give it the Honey/Plasma Balloon treatment and just make a Frog Balloon with a completely new froggy jump or something, but nnnnngggghhh I dunno about that, even if the combo DOES kinda make sense?????
The auto-jump improvement was supposed to be a more "quality of life" change (with several more air-quotes) if you NEEDED to quickly ascend, which the Frog Bundles itself are already for, anyways. The point was to trade the special abilities of the Horseshoe Balloons for raw mobility, but I might just take away ALL special abilities from those Bundles and just make it pure jumping.
That's, of course, if I decide to keep them in.

Wait :red: I thought I erased that second "healing from dropped hearts."
I more so wanted to improve the individual immunity accessories than the Ward Shield itself; this was just a byproduct of that venture. I knew the regen was gonna be an issue, though; I'll nerf it to simply 20% per stack.

It’s funny, I came back after literal years to do something similar because I had a bunch of ideas for accessory combos, but it seems you beat me to it. And you have sprites too. I really love the balloons, they've needed updating for a while. The upgrade to the ankh shield is nice, though i always thought the hand mirror+ankh shield combo should be called the Mirror Shield in reference to Legend of Zelda, but that’s just me. I might still make my own suggestion because I had some ideas for frozen turtle shell + paladin shield side grades with flesh knuckles, but who knows. Really dig this suggestion, it’s nice to see after being god from TCF for so long

• Love
Reactions: Bry
Okay I got bored so I threw together a few more ideas and did a lot of rebalancing (and reorganization of information, just to cut down on the number of bullet points).
Among things to expect:
  • Mech-Tier Expert Item upgrades.
  • More Healing accessory combos.
  • A new item related to the Obsidian Rose, which is literally just the other Elemental Ruby item I made for it.
  • Still haven't gone anywhere with the Thunderhead, though you'll notice I reverted it back to a Ranged accessory and toned it the :red: down.
I also moved the Obsidian Rose to Offense and Class-Specific Bonuses, as I realized that it would probably be better to add it in BEFORE the Devil's Gamble.

Crystal Bottle (Pulse Crystal + Healing Potion)
•Restores damage taken from hits that took at least 10% health after 5 seconds; hits taken during this time will not be restored.
•Healing potions provide an additional 30% health; the drawback is that this uses the same mechanic that the damage restoration does, preventing hits from being healed for 5 seconds.
-----◘Potion Sickness activates the moment you use the healing item, not when you actually receive the health.
•Natural health regeneration cannot be outright halted, only slowed.

Pretty good item here. Keep in mind that I can just use this from the Vanity slot instead of using up a slot for it, much like you can with Philosopher's Stone. You should probably prevent that somehow because that really sounds too strong.

JxLSHZZ.png

Avenger Cuffs (Celestial Cuffs + Avenger Emblem; replaces the Celestial Emblem)
Honestly, the Celestial Emblem seems a lot more underwhelming than the other classes' Avenger accessories.
Sure, the damage bonus increases from the Avenger Emblem, but all you have to pair that with is increased mana star pickup range! (That ability is much more valuable than you are making it sound but I somewhat agree)
•Grants 3 defense.
•Doubles Mana regeneration, restores Mana upon taking a hit and greatly increases Star pickup range.
•Increases Magic damage by 15%.

Bold move to buff it this much. Not necessarily broken but still pretty bold of you. I don't think this needs the doubled mana regen...

YXSYCSz.png

Nova Cuffs (Avenger Cuffs + Star Cloak)
•Grants 3 defense and a doubled invincibility time.
•Increases Magic damage by 15%, triples Mana regeneration, restores Mana upon taking a hit and greatly increases Star pickup range.
-----◘Due to the next effect, the Mana restoration part is weakened from the Avenger/Magic Cuffs.
•When hurt, 2-5 block-ignoring stars, depending on damage taken, rain down and circle around you for up to 10 seconds, shredding anything that gets close.
•When the stars are orbiting you, running out of mana consumes one of them, restoring 20 Mana without giving you Mana Sickness.
•Alt-fire can be used to instead send stars flying where you aim at a firing rate of 16; each star flies extremely fast, slightly homes in, and pierces 5 enemies.
Damage: 100 (Magic)
Critical Strike Chance: 6%
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Use Time: 16 (Very Fast)

... especially if you are going to give it another massive buff on top of it. I'd rather separate these two items and keep them as sidegrades instead of trying to balance an item with 4 effects.

NTah0sW.png

Burning Rose (Magma Stone + Obsidian Rose)
•Player-inflicted fire debuffs deal triple damage; attacks and sparks produce reddish-orange light.
•Increases Melee damage by 33% and fire debuff damage by 500% (totaling to 1500% fire debuff damage) when on fire.
-----◘Debuffs that activate this effect are: On Fire!, Burning, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, and Daybroken.

Sounds cool and balanced, assuming of course that this doesn't count Burning and Daybroken.

23vvncp.png

Thunderhead (Dropped by Thundering Nimbi with a 13.33% chance)

Oh hey, it's that thing for the Lightning in a Balloon. Yeah, it, uh, definitely has a similar effect.
•Every fourth Ranged critical strike chance summons a lightning strike on the target with the lowest maximum health on-screen that deals exactly 400% of the weapon's damage (damage will not be randomized) and inflicting Electrified for 4-6 seconds. Lightning strikes cannot deal critical hits, themselves.
•Also halves Electrified's damage while you're in mid-air. (Why are you so obsessed with things like this)

Doubled crit damage, but not quite because its targeting is unrealiable. Sounds really interesting too.

I don't really agree with upgrading the previous Expert accessories in post Mech, SoC and the Scarf are
both already the two best Expert accessories by a long shot and making them even better is just guaranteeing them as auto includes if they weren't already. Other than that I really like this new wave of accessories.

Pretty good item here. Keep in mind that I can just use this from the Vanity slot instead of using up a slot for it, much like you can with Philosopher's Stone. You should probably prevent that somehow because that really sounds too strong.

Bold move to buff it this much. Not necessarily broken but still pretty bold of you. I don't think this needs the doubled mana regen...

...Especially if you are going to give it another massive buff on top of it. I'd rather separate these two items and keep them as sidegrades instead of trying to balance an item with 4 effects.

Sounds cool and balanced, assuming of course that this doesn't count Burning and Daybroken.

Doubled crit damage, but not quite because its targeting is unrealiable. Sounds really interesting too.

I don't really agree with upgrading the previous Expert accessories in post Mech, SoC and the Scarf are
both already the two best Expert accessories by a long shot and making them even better is just guaranteeing them as auto includes if they weren't already. Other than that I really like this new wave of accessories.
I think having a 5-second cooldown after equipping it would be perfect, what about you?
Also you quoted that right before I added in the sprite; darn.

Oooooh yeah, I originally had the Mana Regeneration Band double mana regen before I found out just how the original mechanic works. I meant to change that back for all of its tinkers.

They both actually USED to be sidegrades, which was actually a complete ACCIDENT on my part (I had them both displayed as crafted from the Celestial Cuffs because copy-pasting is great). I realized that the item was likely overpowered while making it, and I don't know if reverting the Mana regen mechanic back to its original state will fix it. I'll see what I can do.

Uuuuuh totally doesn't, nope, no siree it does.
I'll... I'll change that for Daybroken.

Yeah, I meant this thing to act as a sort of "clean-up" accessory, taking out the smaller fry when you're focusing on a big guy. Balancing the damage for that purpose is tricky, though.

I see the Twin Guard as more of a sidegrade. You're left with a worse dash for a bit after bashing an enemy, but the shield is overall better offensively (which was my goal). You have the choice between dealing extra damage and getting the heck outta dodge, though you near-completely sacrifice one for the other. That being said, however, I may nerf the Retiguard so that it can only dash twice as often as the Shield of Cthulhu and provide near-to-no invincibility on impact.
I wanted to upgrade the Scarf just so it could have a counterpart to the Brain of Probing. I could just leave the Worm Scarf as-is, though if we want to consistently have a Mechanical Cart item to craft in Expert Mode, I could just nerf the Worm Scarf and A.EYE. Wrap-Around. One option is obviously easier than the other.

They both actually USED to be sidegrades, which was actually a complete ACCIDENT on my part (I had them both displayed as crafted from the Celestial Cuffs because copy-pasting is great). I realized that the item was likely overpowered while making it, and I don't know if reverting the Mana regen mechanic back to its original state will fix it. I'll see what I can do.

Just removing the damage up will do, it'll then be a choice between more damage or more mana economy.
I see the Twin Guard as more of a sidegrade. You're left with a worse dash for a bit after bashing an enemy, but the shield is overall better offensively (which was my goal). You have the choice between dealing extra damage and getting the heck outta dodge, though you near-completely sacrifice one for the other. That being said, however, I may nerf the Retiguard so that it can only dash twice as often as the Shield of Cthulhu and provide near-to-no invincibility on impact.

It's an upgrade because it gives great offense to the second reason why the SoC is a great item already, and the only drawback is that your dash is only a bit shorter after you've already used it to block hits, and it's not even a full negative since the dash pretty much loses the entire cooldown it has. Nerfing the dash rate from 3x to 2x barely does anything since no one hates their keyboard so much to try and dash that many times per second with perfect timing. Nerfing the Iframes is also not a good idea for roughly the same reason, they are already so brief that the only nerf is to remove them entirely.

I'll... I'll change that for Daybroken.

And Burning too. If it deals the full 50 DoT to enemies then this makes it 750. That's more DPS than most weapons in the tier.

My GOD, I've been putting this off for way too long.
Yeah, with all the suggestions I've made, it's kinda hard NOT to notice how garbagio some accessories are; you can't even force using a few of these. To name a few, there's the Shark Tooth Necklace, the Diving Gears, the Star Cloak... the Literally Anything That Involves The Honey Comb; seriously, why would you USE any of those?!
There's also the accessories that kinda just don't get used because they can't be Tinkered with anything, like the Obsidian Rose, the Biome Mimic accessories (maybe a little less so), the Shark Tooth Necklace again... I'm kinda surprised they've stayed as they have for as long as they... have.

In typical Bry-ccentric fashion, I'm going to suggest some reworks and add a myriad of other crap to try to inject new life into about half of the functional Accessories. As is also typical Bry-ccentric fashion, there's no real order to this, though I tried to clump relevant accessories together.
One very un-Bry-ccentric-like thing you'll have noticed, though (that was a lot of dashes), is that I seem to have dropped the Centering shtick.
...With how I wanted to format things this time, I thought this would look nicer. You guys can be the judge of that, though.
'Aight, I'll get outta your hair, now. Go on, and tell me just how little of these are actually necessary; my confidence in my judgment started swiftly waning once I got to the Anklet of the Wind.

nwzP6dg.png

HKgjS1v.png

Blizzard in a Bottle (Found in Ice Chests)
•Goes 30% higher when in a Blizzard.

WMLL61p.png

Sandstorm in a Bottle (Now dropped by Sand Elementals)
Alright, first off, having a bottled sandstorm be dropped by an enemy that can create sandstorms on its whim kinda makes a lot more sense than sticking it in a pyramid, no?
Second off, giving an item that's part of a huge Tinker like the Bundle of Balloons an equally huge chance to just NOT appear in a world is immensely uncool. That stuff should take effort, not luck.
I'm also not gonna fill in the hole in the Pyramid loot with a new item; in fact, I'll ALSO be moving the Flying Carpet, leaving the Pharaoh Costume the one, guaranteed find in Pyramids.
•Goes 30% higher when in a Sandstorm.

M8wq1Tj.png

Fart in a Jar (Cloud in a Bottle + Whoopie Cushion)
•Allows for an extra jump.
•Fart jump inflicts Stinky on enemies in a 3-block radius for 30 seconds. This effect carries over to all of its Tinkers.
Inflicts Stinky
UgoUIyg.png
(30 seconds, 100% chance)
Sure started this off with a whopper.

nydWCmi.png

Tsunami in a Bottle (Fished)
•Grants an extra jump that lasts longer and boosts your ascent speed by 50% while underwater, sending you a lot higher.
-----◘The jump becomes controllable, like the Blizzard in a Bottle’s jump, so you can turn quickly underwater!
•Water spray from jump knocks back and drenches foes; range and knockback increase when underwater.
Damage: 0
Knockback: 4 (Weak) Jump Water, 8 (Strong) Underwater Jump Water
Inflicts Wet
kQIRmto.png

fdWTZk3.png

Balloon Pufferfish (Fished)
•Increases jump height, same as the Shiny Red Balloon.
•Reduces water slowdown by 25%.

4YEtRvE.png

Sharkron Balloon (Balloon Pufferfish + Tsunami in a Bottle)
"Now it's all pink, huh?"
Yeah, I didn't really like how it goes from blue and pink to just pink when it gets a horseshoe, so now we have c o n s i s t e n c y!
•Increases jump height and reduces water slowdown by 25%.
•Grants an extra jump that lasts longer and boosts your ascent speed by 50% while underwater, sending you a lot higher.
•Water spray from jump knocks back and drenches foes; range and knockback increase when underwater.
Knockback: 4 (Weak) Jump Spray, 8 (Very Strong) Underwater Jump Spray
Inflicts Wet
kQIRmto.png

DBJvvnJ.png

Horseshoe Balloon (Respective balloon + Lucky Horseshoe)
Look at all those new sprites! No longer are the Horseshoe Balloons bland in comparison to their untinkered counterparts!
•BONUS: holding DOWN while falling increases your descent speed by 25%.
-----◘Landing at this velocity causes some balloons to trigger special effects but will leave you vulnerable for a moment.
•Knockback from balloon effects is also increased by 25%.

jTNCpmn.png

Pink Horseshoe Balloon (Sharkron Balloon + Lucky Horseshoe)
•Increases jump height, grants immunity to fall damage, and reduces water slowdown by 40%.
•Allows you to fall slightly quicker by holding DOWN. Landing this way sends out waves on either side, which deal much stronger knockback. These waves will be move farther out and be even MORE powerful if you land underwater.
Knockback: 7.5 (Average) Jump Spray, 10 (Extremely Strong) Underwater Jump Spray/Slam Waves, 15 (Insane) Underwater Slam Waves
Inflicts Wet
kQIRmto.png

w4makMS.png

Honey Comb (Dropped by Queen Bee)
•Niw releases 4 tougher bees when hurt, which all do a lot more damage. This bee buff carries over to all of its Tinkers.
•Halves slowdown from liquid honey and grants immunity to Honey Blocks.
Damage: 20 (Summon)
Knockback: None

gLhR8n6.png

Honey Balloon (Shiny Red Balloon + Honey Comb)
The original sprite is so obviously old, so now it's got a refined sprite as well as function!
•Increases jump height, halves slowdown from liquid honey, and grants immunity to Honey Blocks.
•4 bees fly you up a short distance and then fan out to attack nearby enemies.
-----◘Bee jump moves through Honey unhindered and reaches higher than the Cloud in a Balloon, though it trades off a bit of vertical speed for extra horizontal control.
•4 bees are also released to attack enemies when hurt.

RtOwKfX.png

Amber Horseshoe Balloon (Honey Balloon + Lucky Horseshoe)
•Increases jump height, grants immunity to fall damage and Honey Blocks, and reduces slowdown from liquid honey by two-thirds.
•4 bees fly you up a short distance and then fan out to attack nearby enemies.
•Allows you to fall slightly quicker by holding DOWN. Landing this way sends 3 bees out to either side to attack enemies.
•4 bees are released to attack enemies when hurt.
Knockback: 0.5 (Extremely Weak)

MjFN17n.png

Lightning in a Balloon (Shiny Red Balloon + Thunderhead)
"Ooooh, what's a Thunderhead?"
I'll touch on that later; keep reading for now.
•Increases jump height; grants an extra jump that strikes lightning below you, launching you 17 blocks into the air incredibly quickly. The strike deals massive damage and inflicts Electrified for 4-6 seconds.
•You can't short-hop with this jump; better bring a Horseshoe!
Damage: 300 (Magic)
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from Lightning, 100% chance)
"New icon?"
Yeah, I made that. I made a suggestion overhauling debuffs, and I redid all their icons; I’ve been using those ever since.

FVPhngt.png

Chalcedony Horseshoe Balloon (Lightning in a Balloon + Lucky Horseshoe)
•Increases jump height and grants immunity to fall damage.
•Grants an extra jump that strikes lightning below you, launching you 17 blocks into the air near-instantly. You still can't short-hop with it, buuuut...
•...The horseshoe grants immunity to fall damage and allows you to fall slightly quicker by holding DOWN. Landing this way creates a shockwave that slightly damages and knocks back foes, but electrifies them for a lot longer than the jump does. This leaves you vulnerable for a moment, though.
Damage (Magic): 300 Lightning, 75 Shockwave
Knockback: None from Lightning, 2.25 Shockwave (Very Weak)
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from Lightning, 100% chance; 10 seconds from Shockwave, 100% chance)

6PmbEXR.png

Eruption in a Balloon (Shiny Red Balloon + Magma Stone)
•Increases jump height; grants an extra jump that you can angle at the start, which summons a jet of fire under you that pushes you 20 blocks upwards in a straight line. The flames linger for a moment, damaging enemies that pass through.
•Hold SPACE to keep ascending, or let go to stop the jump early.
Damage: 34 (Magic)
Knockback: 0.55 (Extremely Weak)
Inflicts Burning
bch4UYi.png
(0.75-1.5 second from Eruption, 100% chance)

zsiu0i6.png

Carnelian Horseshoe Balloon (Eruption in a Balloon + Obsidian Horseshoe)
•Increases jump height and grants immunity to fall damage and fire blocks.
•Grants an extra jump that you can angle at the start, which summons a jet of fire under you that pushes you 20 blocks upwards in a straight line. The flames linger for a moment, damaging enemies that pass through.
•Allows you to fall slightly quicker by holding DOWN. Landing this way creates vertical streams of fire on either side of you, which linger for 2 seconds, reach half the height of the Fire Geyser's fire, and send several sparks flying outward upon creation. The streams deal a little more knockback, induce longer burns, and continue to release sparks into the air, dealing quite a bit of damage to anything nearby. The only problem is that the landing will leave you vulnerable for a sec.
Damage: 34 (Magic)
Knockback: 0.69 Fire Jet (Extremely Weak), 8.44-10.31 Fire Geysers (Very Strong-Extremely Strong)
Inflicts Burning
bch4UYi.png
(0.75-1.5 second from Eruption, 100% chance; 2-4 seconds from Geyser, 100% chance)

qkFiPsJ.png

Starstorm Balloon (Shiny Red Balloon + Star Cloak)
•Increases jump height; grants an extra jump that allows you to ride and maneuver a large shooting star 28 blocks into the air at high velocity.
•Smashing into an enemy causes the shooting star to explode into five smaller stars that fly outwards in a star formation, dealing large damage to the enemy while granting you 1.33 seconds of invincibility time. The jump immediately ends, and a 5-second cooldown on the jump is started to prevent spamming.
•You can jump off mid-ride by pressing SPACE, ascending a block or two more before falling down. Holding RIGHT or LEFT when you jump flings you in that direction with incredible speed, kinda like a Tabi dash. Jumping off sacrifices 75% of the star's damage and prevents it from releasing more stars, but does not trigger the jump's cooldown.
•3 stars also rain down when hurt. Smaller stars from the main star and damage retaliation slightly home in on enemies, dealing 25% damage and 40% knockback of the main star.
Damage: 400 (Magic)
Knockback: 11 (Extremely Strong)

rUy1Wtj.png

Purple Horseshoe Balloon (Starstorm Balloon + Lucky Horseshoe)
•Increases jump height and grants immunity to fall damage; grants an extra jump that allows you to ride a large shooting star 28 blocks into the air at high velocity, which you can't cancel out of.
•Smashing into an enemy causes the shooting star to explode into five smaller stars that fly outwards in a star formation, dealing large damage to the enemy while granting you 1.33 seconds of invincibility time. The jump immediately ends, and a 5-second cooldown on the jump is started to prevent spamming.
•You can jump off mid-ride by pressing SPACE, ascending a block or two more before falling down. Holding RIGHT or LEFT when you jump flings you in that direction with incredible speed, kinda like a Tabi dash. Jumping off sacrifices 75% of the star's damage and prevents it from releasing more stars, but does not trigger the jump's cooldown.
•Allows you to fall slightly quicker by holding DOWN. Landing this way sends 5 smaller stars flying at random upwards angles─a good example of this is a boss from Deltrarune's Chapter 1; specifically, one of King Round's attacks.
•3 stars rain down when hurt. Smaller stars from the main star and damage retaliation slightly home in on enemies, dealing 25% damage and 50% knockback of the main star.
Damage: 400 (Magic)
Knockback: 13.75 (Extremely Strong)

SFbFHP1.png

Bundle of Weather Balloons (Cloud in a Balloon + Blizzard in a Balloon + Sandstorm in a Balloon)
•Jump height bonus increased from 4.5 blocks to 6 blocks.
•Name changed and sprite refined, increasing the Sandstorm Balloon's contrast with the Honey Balloon and correctly coloring the Blizzard in a Balloon.
Many people have made Farts in a Balloon in hopes of making this thing because the damn white balloon was green, for some reason.

sXddns4.png

Bundle of Weird Balloons (Honey Balloon + Sharkron Balloon + Fart in a Balloon)
•Increases jump height by 6 blocks instead of 4.5 and grants three extra jumps ─ Fart, Sharkron, then Honey. Their collective height is a lot lower than the Weather Balloons, though the Sharkron jump performs a lot better underwater.
•Reduces water slowdown by 25%, halves slowdown from liquid honey, and grants immunity to Honey Blocks.
•Fart jump stinks nearby enemies, tsunami jump pushes them back and performs better in water, and bee jump sends bees out to attack.
-----◘When hurt, all three effects activate simultaneously.
Damage: 20 Bees (Summon)
Knockback: None from Bees, 4 (Weak) Jump Spray, 8 (Very Strong) Underwater Jump Spray
Inflicts Wet
kQIRmto.png
and Stinky
UgoUIyg.png
(oh god, that's a bad combo) with their respective jumps for 30 seconds

9acGR2m.png

Bundle of Plasma Balloons (Eruption in a Balloon + Lightning in a Balloon + Starstorm in a Balloon)
This was all, indeed, very necessary.
•Increases jump height by 6 blocks instead of 4.5 and grants three extra jumps ─ Lightning, Eruption, then Star. Their collective height is a lot HIGHER than the Weather Balloons (65 whole blocks!), AND they have offensive properties.
•Lightning strikes down to damage and electrocute enemies, Eruption melts anything passing through, and Starstorm deals massive damage and sends out smaller stars for more damage upon collision while granting you 1.33 seconds of invincibility time.
-----◘The Lightning jump can't be short-hopped with. Hitting an enemy with the Starstorm jump triggers a 5-second cooldown on that jump only.
•3 stars rain down when hurt. Smaller stars from the main star and damage retaliation slightly home in on enemies, dealing 25% damage and 40% knockback of the main star.
Damage: 300 Lightning, 34 Fire Jet, and 400 Starstorm Magic)
Knockback: None from Lightning, 0.55 from Fire Jet (Extremely Weak), 11 from Shooting Star (Extremely Strong)
Inflicts: Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from Lightning, 100% chance) and Burning
bch4UYi.png
(0.75-1.5 second from Eruption, 100% chance)

tMEgME8.png

Bloon Twister (Bundle of Weather Balloons + Bundle of Weird Balloons + Bundle of Plasma Balloons)
What a beautiful symphony of helium.
•Increases jump height by 10 blocks instead of 6, reduces water slowdown by 25%, halves slowdown from liquid honey, and grants immunity to Honey Blocks.
•Grants a whopping NINE extra jumps ─ Lightning, Eruption, Sandstorm, Fart, Blizzard, Sharkron, Cloud, Starstorm, and Bee!
•Each jump retains all of its properties; when hurt, the Star Cloak, Honey Comb, Tsunami, and Fart effects activate simultaneously.
-----◘You gotta go through 7 or 8 other jumps to get to the Starstorm jump now, so its cooldown is gone. It still grants 1.33 seconds of invincibility frames.
•Hold JUMP to descend slower once all your jumps are exhausted. Unlike with Wings and Featherfall Potions, this slowdown is gradual, meaning you have to start slowing down in advance.
Cannot be used with wings or any more balloons.
Does not grant immunity to fall damage.
Damage: 0 Water Spray, 20 Bees (Summon), 100 Lightning (Magic), 30 Fire Jet (Magic), and 300 Starstorm (Magic)
Knockback: None from Bees and Lightning, 4 Jump Spray (Weak), 8 Underwater Jump Spray (Very Strong), 0.55 Fire Jet (Extremely Weak), 11 Shooting Star (Extremely Strong)
Inflicts: Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from Lightning, 100% chance), Burning
bch4UYi.png
(0.75-1.5 second from Eruption, 100% chance), and Stinky
UgoUIyg.png
(30 seconds from fart, 100% chance)

z6tmvmc.png

Shiny Red Balloon (Found on Floating Islands and in Skyware Crates)
Yes, I even gave some love to the Shiny Red Balloon's sprite. Now it's beautiful.
•Journey's End is guaranteeing that one of the Chest items will always spawn in a crate, but due to the sheer number of Balloons you can make now, I'm bumping up the chance from 1/3 to 3/5 (60%); the Lucky Horseshoe only has a 1/4 (25%) chance now, and the Starfury a measly 3/20 (15%) chance.

x2zsQRs.png

Aglet (Found in Wooden Chests)
•Movement speed bonus increased to 10%; maybe that'll make a noticeable difference.

iTVOiBL.png

Anklet of the Wind (Found in the Underground Jungle)
Well now I have to speed this thing up too. Let's give it a bit more than that, though.
•Increases movement speed by anywhere from 10-20%, depending on the world's current Wind Speed; instead grants a static 14% increase if you're under 0 Depth, though.
•Allows you to run through enemies while moving at your maximum possible speed, regardless of whether you're on the ground or in the air.
-----◘This pretty much functions like it does with Minecarts and some Mounts, except that you'll knock enemies forwards instead of backward, increasing the gap between you and the enemy. If the enemy can't take knockback, though, the effects won't trigger and you'll get hurt. You can't run through projectiles, even if they're destructible.
Damage: 30 (Melee)
Knockback: -6 (Averagen't)
No, that's probably not how stats work, but it gets the message across fine.

43J8XYb.png

Ice Skates (Now dropped by Ice Mimics)
Ever wanted an automatic Ice Rod as an Accessory?
•8% increased movement speed.
•Grants a dash that reaches only a third of the distance the Tabi's dashes do but creates up to 4 Magic Ice Blocks behind you, which you can land on to recharge the first half of your Balloon Jumps as well as 50% of your flight time with Wings, Boots, or Mounts. The blocks last for only 3 seconds, though, and you have to U-turn around to land on 'em, so it can be a little bit of a risky (not to mention awkward) maneuver.
-----◘If you have an uneven number of Balloon Jumps (say, five), it rounds down. If you only have 1 Balloon Jump, though, you will get to use it again.
-----◘While the dash can be activated endlessly (with a cooldown), the Magic Ice Blocks cannot, so you need to land on non-Magic Ice Blocks to refresh them (Ice Rod blocks won't count).
-----◘The Magic Ice Blocks from the skates and the Magic Ice Blocks from the Ice Rod cannot overwrite each other; they must be broken in order to place the other in their place.

EvaxKkh.png

All Running Boots (wait what the :red: is that last- oooooooh you :red:ing bean, you, you totally did what I think you did)
•If the horizontal speed they grant outshines that of your equipped Wings, that speed will override. Why is this wasn't the case before was probably due to coding reasons, which is something that needs to be fixed. This will make the boots actually still useful when you have Wings equipped.

Hermes Boots

Hermes Boots (Found in Gold Chests)
•Allows you to run at up to 225% speed. Probably not 100% necessary, that boost, but nnneeeeeeh. We'll see.

RCLGpdk.png

Flurry Boots (Found in Ice Chests)
•Allows you to run at up to 200% speed and grants you the acceleration and deceleration bonus of the original Ice Skates at all times.
•Running on snow, ice, and slush blocks further boosts your speed to 250%! Your additional max speed is maintained when you jump or fall off of those blocks.

4TV2At6.png

Sailfish Boots (Found in Wooden Crates)
•Allows you to run at up to 200% speed and reduces water slowdown by 25%. This stacks additively with the Pufferfish Balloon for a total of 50% reduced water slowdown.
•Your max speed increases to 250% while in water and for 6 seconds after leaving it! Reentering water during this time will refresh and pause the buff's timer.

FDnDlHw.png

Dunerider Boots (Found in Sandstone Chests)

No, that is NOT the actual sprite used in-game; it's my recreation of it. It resembles the real deal, which is enough for me to include it as a visual.
The Dunerider Boots seem to literally just be Hermes Boots with the Ice Skates' ice mobility bonus but for sand instead of ice, making it only situationally better than the other boots without these changes.
•Allows you to run at up to 200% speed and grants immunity to Mighty Wind.
•Running on sand, hardened sand, sandstone, desert fossils (not Sturdy Fossils), or in a Sandstorm further boosts your speed to 250%! When not in a Sandstorm, your additional max speed is maintained until you land on a non-sand block.

gXDzdaC.png

Spectre Boots (Running boots + Rocket Boots)
Depending on the boots used, the movement speed part of the Spectre Boots will behave a little differently; the flight is identical with all four options, though.
Hermes Boots
Max speed: 225%. No additional bonuses.
Flurry Boots
Max speed: 200%, or 250% on cold blocks. Grants much-improved acceleration and deceleration.
Sailfish Boots
Max speed: 200%, or 250% in water and for 6 seconds after leaving it. Water slowdown is reduced by 25%.
FDnDlHw.png
Max speed: 200%, or 250% on sandy blocks or in Sandstorms.

These differences carry over to subsequent Tinkers.

VDkhQxp.png

Lightning Boots (Spectre Boots + Aglet + Anklet of the Wind)
•Provides a 20-30% movement speed bonus, depending on the world's current Wind Speed; speed bonus becomes a static 24% when underground.
•Allows you to run at a maximum of 257/228-285% speed.
•Grants the ability to run through and electrify enemies while moving at your maximum possible speed, regardless of whether you're on the ground or in the air.
•Gives you a moment of flight, which lasts 20-30% longer (depending on Wind Speed) than with the Spectre Boots.
7jRJ23F.png
Max speed: 257%. No additional bonuses.
RCLGpdk.png
Max speed: 228%, or 285% on cold blocks. Grants much-improved acceleration and deceleration, 20% more so than with the Spectre Boots.
4TV2At6.png
Max speed: 228%, or 285% in water and for 7.2 seconds after leaving it. Water slowdown is reduced by 25%.
FDnDlHw.png
Max speed: 228%, 285% on sandy blocks, and 295% in Sandstorms. Grants immunity to Mighty Wind.

Damage: 42 (Melee)
Knockback: -6.6 (Strongn't)
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(Guaranteed for 6-12 seconds from run-through)

lszKpX6.png

Frostspark Boots (Lightning Boots + Ice Skates)
•Provides a 25-38% movement speed bonus, depending on the world's current Wind Speed; speed bonus becomes a static 30% when underground.
•Allows you to run at a maximum of 270/240-300% speed, depending on the boots used for the Spectre Boots.
•Grants the ability to run through and electrify enemies while moving at your maximum possible speed, regardless of whether you're on the ground or in the air.
•Lets you perform a short dash that creates 4 Magic Ice Blocks behind you, which you can stand on to recharge the first half of your Balloon Jumps as well as half of your flight time. While the dash can be used freely, Magic Ice Blocks can only be created once while in the air; land on more permanent ground to recharge the ability.
•Gives you a moment of flight, which lasts 28-38% longer (depending on Wind Speed) than with the Spectre Boots.
7jRJ23F.png
Max speed: 270%. No additional bonuses.
RCLGpdk.png
Max speed: 240%, or 300% on cold blocks. Grants much-improved acceleration and deceleration, 30% more so than with the Spectre Boots.
4TV2At6.png
Max speed: 240%, or 300% in water and for 7.8 seconds after leaving it. Water slowdown is reduced by 25%.
FDnDlHw.png
Max speed: 240%, 300% on sandy blocks, and 315% in Sandstorms. Grants immunity to Mighty Wind.

Damage: 50 (Melee)
Knockback: -7 (Strongn't)
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(Guaranteed for 6-12 seconds from run-through)

vqZJOuJ.png

Water Walking Boots and Lava Charm (Rarely found in Water Chests)
Wait, did I say rarely?
•Yeah, nooot anymore; they're now always guaranteed to spawn in at least one Water Chest in the Ocean.
-----◘1 Water Chest is now also guaranteed to spawn at each ocean, and Water Chests are a little more common throughout the world.
•Lets you walk on Water and Thin Ice without falling through, and prevents slipping on any ice. Honey is no longer supported because that made no sense.
•Halves water slowdown, providing use even IN water. This stacks additively with the Sailfish Boots and Pufferfish Balloon, allowing for free movement while underwater.
•Increases movement speed and maximum running speed by 1.2x when walking on water or ice.

cK1YRsD.png

Lava Charm (Now occasionally spawns alongside other Shadow Chest loot)
•Grants lava and fire block immunity, and reduces damage from other heat sources by 37.5%.
•Halves lava slowdown.

85xygxm.png

Lava Waders (Now crafted with the Water Walking Boots, Honey Comb, and Lava Charm)
There is no reason for the Obsidian Water Walking Boots to exist. Tell me I'm wrong, Relogic, and prove it to me.
•Lets you walk on all liquids, halves slowdown from walking through them, grants immunity to lava damage and lowers damage from all other heat sources by 37.5%.
•Allows stepping on Thin Ice, Burning Blocks, and Honey Blocks without hindrance.
•Increases movement speed and maximum running speed by 1.2x when walking on any of the aforementioned liquids and blocks.

FMFpikk.png

Omniboots (Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders)
Hey, it's that thing you people are so tired of seeing over and over again, and that Red seems to think is overpowered for some reason???????
Yeah, I don't care, and no, it's not, Red.
•Provides a 30-45% movement speed bonus (36% when underground), depending on the world's current Wind Speed; allows you to run at a maximum of 300/267-333% speed.
•Allows walking on Water, Lava, Honey, and their corresponding blocks without hindrance; doing so multiplies your movement speed and max speed by 1.2.
•Halves slowdown from all liquids, grants immunity to lava damage, and lowers damage from all other hot and cold sources by 37.5%.
•Grants the ability to run through and burn enemies while moving at your maximum possible speed, regardless of whether you're on the ground or in the air.
•Lets you perform a short dash that now creates 5 Magic Ice Blocks behind you, which you can stand on to recharge the first half of your Balloon Jumps as well as half of your flight time. Has the same limitations as before, but the Magic Ice Blocks now last for 25% longer, giving you a bit more leeway.
•Gives you a moment of flight, which lasts 30-45% longer (depending on Wind Speed) than with the Spectre Boots. Flying through liquids multiplies your flight speed by 1.2.
7jRJ23F.png
Max speed: 300%. No additional bonuses.
RCLGpdk.png
Max speed: 267%, or 333% on cold blocks. Grants much-improved acceleration and deceleration, 50% more so than with the Spectre Boots.
4TV2At6.png
Max speed: 267%, or 333% in water and for 9 seconds after leaving it. Water slowdown is reduced by 25%.
FDnDlHw.png
Max speed: 267%, 333% on sandy blocks, and 355% in Sandstorms. Grants immunity to Mighty Wind.

Damage: 62 (Melee)
Knockback: -7.5 (Very Strongn't)
Inflicts Burning
bch4UYi.png
(Guaranteed for 3-6 seconds from run-through)

pm6HMOV.png

Tiger Climbing Gear (Climbing Claws + Shoe Spikes)
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES THESE CLAWS AS ATTACHED!
Anyways, these gain a new ability:
•Hold UP to climb up blocks. Climbing speed is 75% that of sliding-down speed.
-----◘I don't think this would be useful during actual play, but map-makers might appreciate it. Besides, who doesn't wanna be Mr. Tougher-Than-Leather?

UxOvBMF.png

Jellyfish Necklace (Dropped by Blue, Pink and Green Jellyfish)

A glow's nice and all (unless you're using the necklace by itself; it sucks), but that's what Shine Potions are for.
•Glow is now active at all times; entering water significantly increases the glow's size and strength. Honey also no longer triggers the effect.
•Enemies within the glow take 40% more knockback from the player wearing the necklace.

QfrwhuJ.png

Jellyfish Diving Gear (Diving Gear + Jellyfish Necklace)
•Extends your breath meter to 90 seconds, cuts drowning speed by 75%, and allows you to swim.
•Produces a pink glow that lets the wearer deal 40% increased knockback to enemies inside of it; being in water greatly increases the glow's size and strength.
-----◘The radius is moderately increased from the Jellyfish Necklace.

nhaCFvA.png

Arctic Diving Gear (Jellyfish Diving Gear + Ice Skates)
Yeah, this isn't useful at all. Meet its new replacement!
P03OXUb.png

Deepsea Diving Gear (Jellyfish Diving Gear + Sailfish Boots + Pufferfish Balloon)
•Reduces water slowdown by 50%, extends your breath meter to 130 seconds, allows you to swim, and greatly improves ascent speed in water.
-----◘The Deepsea Diving Gear and Lava Waders bonuses stack additively to grant you 100% immunity to slowdown from water only. If Omniboots made using the Sailfish Boots are equipped in place of the Lava Waders, only the bonus from the Lava Waders will stack.
•Produces an aqua-green glow that lets the wearer deal 45% increased knockback to enemies inside of it; being in water greatly increases the glow's size and strength.
-----◘The radius is ever-so-slightly increased from the Jellyfish Diving Gear.
•Increases your maximum movement speed to 170%, or to 200% when in water and for 6 seconds after leaving it.

...Actually?

nhaCFvA.png

Arctic Diving Gear (Deepsea Diving Gear + Frozen Turtle Shell)
I thought it fit pretty well.
•Reduces water slowdown by 50%, extends your breath meter to 150 seconds, allows you to swim, and greatly improves ascent speed in water.
•Produces a light-blue glow that lets the wearer deal 45% increased knockback to enemies inside of it; being in water greatly increases the glow's size and strength.
•Increases your maximum movement speed to 180%, or to 210% when in water and for 6 seconds after leaving it.
•When under half health, damage taken, breath loss, and drowning speed are reduced by 25%, while glow radius and knockback against enemies inside of it are increased by 25%.
Hopefully Journey's End expands the ocean enough for this to actually be useful.

ZxOZkPU.png

Flying Carpet (Now found in Sandstone Chests in the bottom third of the Underground Desert; ideally, one Sandstone Chest would be guaranteed to have this thing.)
That sprite may be a bit TOO luxurious for this game.
I was originally gonna give this item to the Desert Spirit as a drop, but, neeeeh, I think Wings are gonna replace it by that point.

9v771Ii.png

Hoverboard (Crafted with 18 Shroomite Bars and 20 Souls of Flight)
•When equipped in the Minecart slot, you can use it to grind rails.
•You move slightly faster than the crafted Minecart's maximum speed at all times, even right when you get on.
•You can't ride through enemies to deal damage this way, but you gain a momentary boost of speed when landing from a jump.
•Hold the jump button to charge up a jump. Release to jump up to 12 blocks into the air from the rail at a 45° angle, +/-30° depending on the angle of the rail.
-----◘You'll slow down more and more as you hold the button; the jump will be fully charged at 50% speed, which is also when you stop slowing down.
•Can be quite useful for short trips on rails, but the Mechanical Minecart will quickly outspeed it. These functionalities are an obvious reference, however, and are more intended for playing around with.

wiGdVtK.png

Magma Stone (Dropped by Hellbats and Lava Bats, though more commonly by Lava Bats)
•Melee attacks inflict On Fire on the main target and send out 2 Greek Fire-like sparks in random directions for additional damage.
•Critical strikes instead inflict Burning for a moment, with both the main attack and the sparks that fly out from it.
•Attacks and sparks produce reddish-orange light; sparks deal 30% damage and inflict either On Fire or Burning, depending on whether the attack was critical or not. More light is produced with critical attacks.
Inflicts On Fire
1OeozAy.png
(2-6 seconds, 100% chance) and Burning
bch4UYi.png
(1-2 seconds from critical melee attacks, 100% chance); sparks inflict the debuffs for 60% longer.

OwtXNCv.png

Magma Gauntlet (Mechanical Gauntlet + Magma Stone)
"Fire Gauntlet" just didn't have as much of a punch as "Magma" does (heheh), especially now that I've wildly buffed the actual fire part.
•12% increased melee damage and speed.
•80% increased melee knockback.
•Melee attacks inflict On Fire on the main target and send out 2 Greek Fire-like sparks for additional damage. Main attack and sparks produce reddish-orange light.
•Critical strikes produce much stronger light and instead inflict Burning for a moment.
Inflicts On Fire
1OeozAy.png
(Functions as normal) and Burning
bch4UYi.png
(1-2 seconds from critical melee attacks, 100% chance); sparks inflict the debuffs for 60% longer.

hBXzPEV.png

Obsidian Rose (Dropped by Imps)
Now dons a much prettier sprite! And alongside it, a new ability:
•Reduces lava damage by 30 and tick damage from fire debuffs (except Frostburn) by 1, completely shutting down On Fire and halving damage from Cursed Inferno.
•Increases damage dealt by 33% when on fire.
-----◘Debuffs that activate this effect are: On Fire!, Burning, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, and Daybroken.
Prevents becoming immune to lava.
•Also, leeeet's double that drop chance from 2% to 4%; those Imps don't spawn that often, 'specially in Hardmode.

NTah0sW.png

Burning Rose (Magma Stone + Obsidian Rose)
•Melee attacks inflict On Fire on the main target and send out 2 Greek Fire-like sparks for additional damage. Critical strikes produce much stronger light and instead inflict Burning for a moment.
•Player-inflicted fire debuffs deal triple damage; attacks and sparks produce reddish-orange light.
•Reduces tick damage from fire debuffs (except Frostburn) by 3, shutting down On Fire and Cursed Inferno while heavily crippling Burning and Shadowflame.
•Increases Melee damage by 33% and On Fire, Cursed Inferno and Shadowflame damage by 500% (totaling to 1500%) when on fire.
Prevents becoming immune to lava.

23vvncp.png

Thunderhead (Dropped by Thundering Nimbi with a 13.33% chance)

Oh hey, it's that thing for the Lightning in a Balloon. Yeah, it, uh, definitely has a similar effect.
•Every fourth Ranged critical strike chance summons a lightning strike on the target with the lowest maximum health on-screen that deals exactly 400% of the weapon's damage (damage will not be randomized) and inflicting Electrified for 4-6 seconds. Lightning strikes cannot deal critical hits, themselves.
•Also halves Electrified's damage while you're in mid-air.
Inflicts Electrified
JnVzCNM.png
(4-6 seconds from electricity, 100% chance)
eQDWnef.png

A new Rain MiniBoss for the Jungle, though it can rarely spawn just about anywhere on the surface except the Mushroom Biome.
I'm sure you folks have never, ever seen THIS guy before.

The Thundering Nimbus, as the name would imply, is a stronger Angry Nimbus that strikes both fear and lightning into the hearts of adventurers, usually killing them.
Compared to the Angry Nimbus, the Thundering Nimbus tracks you rather sloppily, often flying back and forth over you when you're standing still. Every so often when it passes over you, though, it'll slow down to a third of its speed and begin striking lightning down below, pulling a bit of a Martian Saucer/Kracko as it sweeps an area over a few seconds in hopes of catching you. The lightning reaches up to 50 blocks downwards before abruptly cutting off, dealing low contact damage but inflicting Electrified for a while, which presents you with a sudden need to stand still on the ground.

Despite looking like a century-old lemon, the Thundering Nimbus has some real nice hustle to it as well as some gnarly knockback resistance, making it as stubborn as the last few blocks of Crimson in your world. Its vertical speed is pretty bad, though its much faster horizontal speed prevents you from getting a height advantage on this guy without taking damage. He doesn't hurt much to touch, though.

In Expert Mode, the Thundering Nimbus will only slow down to half speed when it strikes lightning. The lightning creates a small, constant explosion while it's hitting blocks, which deals even MORE damage and electrifies you for LONGER. The Thundering Nimbus also electrifies you on contact, and its lightning inflicts Electrified for longer instead of gaining a direct damage bonus.

In Master Mode, the lightning explosion leaves all blocks in its wake electrified for 4 seconds. These blocks deal small damage and hit through invincibility while not triggering it, meaning running along that ground will fry you near-instantly.
Health: 2,710/5,420/7,453
Damage: 32 on contact, 40 from Lightning and Electrified Blocks, 76 from Explosion
Defense: 32
KBR: 76/
83/96%
Inflicts
JnVzCNM.png
Electrified (100% chance from Lightning, 6-8/
7-11/8-14 seconds)
(
100% chance on contact, 3/4.5 seconds)
(100% chance from Explosion, 12/
15 seconds)
Coins: 4 Silver

JxLSHZZ.png

Avenger Cuffs (Celestial Cuffs + Avenger Emblem; replaces the Celestial Emblem)
Honestly, the Celestial Emblem seems a lot more underwhelming than the other classes' Avenger accessories.
Sure, the damage bonus increases from the Avenger Emblem, but all you have to pair that with is increased mana star pickup range!
•Grants 3 defense.
•Doubles Mana regeneration, restores Mana upon taking a hit and greatly increases Star pickup range.
•Increases Magic damage by 15%.

CrP1DYD.png

Devil's Gamble (Obsidian Rose + Nature's Gift)
Both flowers felt underutilized to me, so I decided to mix them both. The effects are now all mana-related, with some risk-reward thrown in.
•Reduces mana cost by 7%, and then further reduces it by a static 1.
•When under 33% mana, damage dealt and received is increased by 33% and mana cost is reduced by 33%.

2VP0kN2.png

Prime Necklace (Pygmy Necklace + Avenger Emblem)
Because Summoners need love. And the Pygmy Necklace needed a job.
•12% increased Summon damage.
•Max minion capacity increased by 1.

nLmS8Ke.png

Shadowflame Charm (Dropped by Goblin Summoners)
•Minions inflict Shadowflame for 9 seconds.
•A Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, acting like a 1-segment Stardust Dragon that can't quite stay on enemies as well as the dragon can.
•Grants immunity to Shadowflame if anything ever ends up inflicting that in-game.
Damage: 50 (Summon)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Strike Chance: 8%
Grants Shadowflame Apparition
YpfyL1L.png
(Until death, disabled or overwritten)
Inflicts Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png
(9 seconds from all minions, 100% chance)

8er1t3Z.png

Sinister Charm (Prime Necklace + Shadowflame Charm)
•12% increased Summon damage, and minions inflict Shadowflame for 9 seconds.
•Max minion capacity increased by 1; a Shadowflame Apparition will follow you around, ramming anything that approaches.
•Grants immunity to Shadowflame.
Damage: 50 (Summon)
Knockback: 5 (Average)
Critical Strike Chance: 8%
Grants Shadowflame Apparition
YpfyL1L.png
(Until death, disabled or overwritten)
Inflicts Shadowflame
mLR2I9T.png
(9 seconds from all minions, 100% chance)

i29berK.png

Sharktooth Necklace (Dropped by Bloody Goblin Shark, if I had to guess)
I hope the drop chance gets upped a bit, if I'm right.
•Grants 13 armor penetration, as it now seems more challenging to obtain.

KIjPH1D.png

Fossiltooth Necklace (Shark Tooth Necklace + 2 Forbidden Fragments)
•Grants 13 armor penetration.
•Minion attacks have a small chance of trapping an enemy in jaws of sand, drastically slowing or outright immobilizing enemies depending on how much health they have.
-----◘70-100% slowdown for regular enemies, depending on Max HP.
-----◘5-20% slowdown for bosses, depending on remaining HP.
•Enemies take 17 DPS and lose 25 defense while trapped.
•The trapped enemy must be released or defeated before another enemy can be trapped.

qMPHoI5.png

Plaquechime Necklace (Shark Tooth Necklace + Putrid Scent)
•Grants Armor Penetration equal to 75% of your current weapon's critical strike chance.
•Increases critical strike chance by 7%, and lowers your aggro by -400.

sfoKLDV.png

Fleshfang Necklace (Shark Tooth Necklace + Flesh Knuckles)
•Kills add 10% of the enemy's defense onto your defense and Armor Penetration; minimum of 1 Defense and Armor Penetration per kill.
-----◘The entire bonus is lost upon taking damage.
-----◘Each individual increase obtained from kills expires after 30 seconds.
•Leaves you with +600 Aggro (50% more aggro than the Flesh Knuckles gives you, practically ensuring you always get targeted first).

q8t1ciS.png

Cadence Badge (Dropped by Hallowed Mimics)
•Increases maximum health and mana by 5%.
•Leaves you with a whopping +800 aggro, which lowers as you lose health and mana; Mages will have it a little easier with this thing than the other classes.
  • At 100% HP and 100% Mana, you have 800 Aggro.
  • At 100% HP and 50% Mana, you have 650 Aggro.
  • At 100% HP and 0% Mana, you have 500 Aggro.
  • At 55% HP and 100% Mana, you have 150 Aggro
  • At 55% HP and 50% Mana, you have 0 Aggro.
  • At 55% HP and 0% Mana, you have -150 Aggro.
  • At 10% HP and 100% Mana, you'd have -500 Aggro
  • At 10% HP and 50% Mana, you'd have -650 Aggro
  • At 10% HP and 0% Mana, you'd have -800 Aggro
  • At 0% HP and 100% Mana, you'll be :red:ing dead. Let's pretend you'd have -644 Aggro, though, just so you know the minimum.

8NZ5dfE.png

Threshcrystal Necklace (Shark Tooth Necklace + Cadence Badge)
•Increases Armor Penetration by 10, and kills restore health and mana equal to half the enemy's defense; up to 10 HP per kill.
-----◘Instead of a green 10 and blue 10, you'll just see one teal 10. Thought that'd be a neat touch.
•Increases maximum health and mana by 5%; you gain aggro as your health depletes. This mechanic functions identically to the Cadence Badge.

If you're interested, I have a dedicated Suggestion for the Shark Tooth Necklaces, which includes a few more ideas as well as alternatives for the Plaquechime, Fleshfang and Threshcrystal Necklaces! Check it out!

GW5xKZs.png

Star Cloak (Dropped by Mimics)
•Damage is increased, and the stars slightly home in on enemies.
•Doubles invincibility time. Now the Star Veil is just the Star Cloak!
-----◘This effect vanishes with the Starstorm Balloon, kinda.
Damage: 100 (Magic)
Critical Strike Chance: 10%
Knockback: 0 (None)

ND11pLX.png

Cross Necklace (Also dropped by Mimics)
•Instead of doubling invincibility time, this adds a 50% chance of reducing the next attack's damage by 50%. If the effect fails to trigger, a further 25% is added to both the chance and the damage reduction, increasing to 75% on a second hit and to 100% upon a third.
-----◘The effect has no cooldown; you still take knockback and receive debuffs from attacks, even if damage reduction reaches 100%.
•The original effect only protects against consecutive hits, which I'm pretty sure is the Cobalt Shield's purpose. Hell, the shield even has a cross and everything!
•Hmmm, actually, wait, that gives me an idea.
Grants Divine Protection
hUgbyem.png
(1 minute after getting hit, 100% chance)

OrnZkN9.png

Star Veil (Star Cloak + Cross Necklace)
•Grants a 50% chance of reducing the next attack's damage by 50%; subsequent hits add 25% to the chance and damage reduction if the effect fails to activate.
•3 stars rain down and STRONGLY home in on enemies when hurt, dealing damage based on how much you took. If they hit, they each add an additional 5% to the damage reduction chance, but not the actual damage reduction effect.
•Doubles invincibility time.
Damage: <damage taken>^1.3; minimum of 100 (Magic) (whOa mAtH)
Critical Strike Chance: 10%
Knockback: 1.5 (Extremely Weak)
Grants Divine Protection
hUgbyem.png
(1 minute after getting hit, 100% chance)

u5Ua2HA.png

Magic Cuffs (Shackle + Mana Regeneration Band)
There's a twist here, with that recipe.
•Grants 2 defense.
•Doubles Mana regeneration. Quite the jump up from the Band's abilities, huh?
•Restores Mana upon taking a hit.

YXSYCSz.png

Nova Cuffs (Celestial Cuffs + Star Cloak)
•Grants 3 defense and a doubled invincibility time.
•Triples Mana regeneration, restores Mana upon taking a hit and greatly increases Star pickup range.
-----◘Due to the next effect, the Mana restoration part is weakened from the Avenger/Magic Cuffs.
•When hurt, 2-5 block-ignoring stars, depending on damage taken, rain down and circle around you for up to 10 seconds, shredding anything that gets close.
•When the stars are orbiting you, running out of mana consumes one of them, restoring 20 Mana without giving you Mana Sickness.
•Alt-fire can be used to instead send stars flying where you aim at a firing rate of 16; each star flies extremely fast, slightly homes in, and pierces 5 enemies.
Damage: 140 (Magic)
Knockback: 6 (Average)
Use Time: 16 (Very Fast)

vVGwpT9.png

Bee Cloak (Star Cloak + Honey Comb)
•Doubles invincibility time and causes 3 bee hives to rain down when hurt; these explode into 6 Bees each, which each hit once.
-----◘The hives themselves lose the homing ability of the stars, leaving it all up to the Bees.
•Enemies killed by Bees are guaranteed to drop a
lp7lvWW.png
Honey Heart; these heal 15 HP and grant the Honey buff for 10 seconds. The enemy won't be able to drop a normal Heart alongside it, though.
Damage: 180 Bee Hive (Summon), 20 Bees (Summon)

Kl439yF.png

Sweetheart Necklace (Panic Necklace + Honey Comb)
•Reduces slowdown from liquid honey by 75% and grants immunity to Honey Blocks.
•Taking a hit increases your movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds.
•Releases 4 larger bees that move 50% faster and have increased knockback and critical strike chance.
Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
Critical Strike Chance: +20%

9mlCFab.png

Pulse Crystal (Dropped by Crystalline Elementals)
•Upon losing at least 10% HP in one hit, the Pulse Crystal will heal it back 5 seconds later.
-----◘Any hits taken during the 5 seconds will be ignored.
•Natural health regeneration cannot be outright halted; effects that only slow it will still work, though.
LY8DRpa.png
I plan to give it a unique-r sprite soon, don't worry.
Another elemental, and the second one in the Hallow! Yeah, uh, this one's a mini-boss.
You won't find this enemy just flying around; it'll instead spawn as a 2-by-1 crystal on underground Pearlstone blocks, in any orientation. Smack that crystal with a pickaxe, and the Elemental hops out to attack.

First off, this enemy is unique in that it has its own natural health regeneration of 5 HP/second. With its high defense, this will pretty much make stuff like the Megashark less than ideal to fight this thing.
Second off, this thing behaves a little like the Expert Mode Granite Elemental, except that it stays within a certain distance from you if it can help it. It moves a little slowly, but it can go through blocks if you're too far away─or too close. Additionally, it can go into a defensive state if it takes too much damage in one hit, closing off its core to protect it from damage and reflecting any projectiles with its crystalline exterior. Anything that's reflected should be watched out for (obviously), since those projectiles turn pink, and will inflict you with Potion Sickness for 5 seconds. Magic projectiles have a chance of going indigo, instead, inflicting you with Mana Sickness for the same duration.

The Crystalline Elemental also has offensive capabilities. Three crystals, each either pink or indigo, orbit around the Elemental as soon as it surfaces, blocking some attacks from hitting it; their main purpose, however, is to be fired at you. They fly fast and decently far, and they'll shatter on impact; this can cause Bleeding, alongside whatever Sickness the crystal brings you. Each crystal thrown will be replaced in a matter of seconds; if the Crystalline Elemental pulls up its defenses, though, it'll drop all of its crystals and momentarily pause their production.

In Expert Mode, this Elemental produces a pink, crystal-y, Dryad's Blessing-like aura that completely halts your natural health regeneration while granting every nearby enemy one of 3 HP/second and allowing them to recover 100% of the damage they deal as health. Its reflected projectiles also deal 50% more damage, and crystals it fires will break into shrapnel, which does less damage and can't induce Sickness but can sure cause some heavy Bleeding.
Damage: 90/114 Contact, 45/64 Crystals
Max Life: 2,400/
Defense: 34
KB Resistance: 65/
72%
Inflicts:
hGe8gIZ.png
Mana Sickness (5/
10 seconds, 100% chance from Blue Crystals/projectiles, 33/50% chance on Contact)
8lwfNrE.png
Potion Sickness (5/
10 seconds, 100% chance from Pink Crystals/projectiles, 33/50% chance on Contact)
V0cUHM3.png
Bleeding (20/
30 seconds, 70% chance from Crystals; 45 seconds, 85% chance from Shrapnel)
Coins:
1 Gold
Drops:
Crystal Shards, 3-5
wuoP0OA.png
100%
Unique Drops:
Pulse Crystal
9mlCFab.png
33/
50%

4PgoDFr.png

Pulse Necklace (Sweetheart Necklace + Pulse Crystal)
•Losing at least 10% HP in one hit speeds you and your total health regeneration up by 50% for 5 seconds; afterwards, the health lost from the triggering hit will be restored.
-----◘Any hits taken during the 5 seconds will be ignored.
•Releases 4 Pulse Bees, which, alongside the Sweetheart Necklace's bee buffs, fly back to you immediately after hitting an enemy. Once they return, they'll then fly around you, reducing the damage you'd take from a follow-up attack by 10 per bee; if all 4 bees hit, they'll reduce damage by an additional 10, adding up to -50 damage. Each bee lasts 5 seconds, with the timer starting the moment they spawn and not when they begin to shield you.
•Natural health regeneration cannot be halted, only slowed.
•Grants immunity to all Honey slowdown.
Knockback: 2 (Very Weak)
Critical Strike Chance: +20%
Inflicts Pulse
7s8yMCh.png
(5 seconds, when hit)
Buff Tooltip: Movement speed and life regeneration greatly increased

fY4go7g.png

Molten Carapace (Obsidian Rose + Frozen Turtle Shell)
•Reduces damage taken from all fire debuffs by 2 per tick, shutting down On Fire, Frostburn, and Cursed Inferno.
•Increases damage dealt and reduces damage taken by 25% when on fire, frozen, or when under 50% health.
-----◘Debuffs that activate this effect are: On Fire!, Frostburn, Frozen, Burning, Cursed Inferno, Shadowflame, and Daybroken.

7aLzvB1.png

Cobalt Shield (Found in Locked Gold Chests in the Dungeon)
•Alongside preventing knockback, this shield also doubles invincibility time! Makes sense, seeing the blatant cross on this thing.
•This effect'll be carried over to all of its tinkers.

2zNbZHr.png

Obsidian Skull
•Grants 1 defense.
•Grants immunity to On Fire and Burning, and halves the tick rate of fire debuffs.

xBz7McX.png

Obsidian Shield (Cobalt Shield + Obsidian Skull)
•Grants 2 defense, knockback immunity, and a doubled invincibility time.
•Grants immunity to On Fire and Burning, and halves the tick rate of fire debuffs.

DkczPNx.png

Armor Bracing (Armor Polish + Vitamins)
-----◘The Armor Polish grants immunity to Broken Armor.
-----◘The Vitamins grant immunity to Dazed and Weak.
-----◘Tinkering grants an additional immunity to Ichor.
•Grants immunity to Broken Armor, Dazed, Weak and Ichor, and increases your damage by 3%.
•Attacks that can inflict safeguarded debuffs instead increase your defense by 20% for the next 10 seconds.

e1CEZF3.png

Medicated Bandage (Adhesive Bandage + Bezoar)
-----◘The Adhesive Bandage grants immunity to Bleeding.
-----◘The Bezoar grants immunity to Poisoned.
-----◘Tinkering grants additional immunities to Venom and Feral Bite, and reduces Moon Bite's effects by 20%
•Grants immunity to Poisoned, Venom, Bleeding and Feral Bite, reduces Moon Bite's effects by 20%, and grants a tiny health regeneration bonus.
•Attacks that can inflict safeguarded debuffs instead grant 20% increased health regeneration for the next 10 seconds.

X9bZ5CS.png

The Plan (Trifold Map + Fast Clock)
-----◘The Trifold Map grants immunity to Confused.
-----◘The Fast Clock grants immunity to Slow.
-----◘Tinkering grants an additional immunity to Stunned.
•Grants immunity to Confused, Slow and Stunned, and increases movement speed by 7%.
•Reduces projectile spread by 15%, increases melee speed by 8%, and increases minion speed by 20%.

zTZBkQc.png

Countercurse Mantra (Nazar + Megaphone)
-----◘The Nazar grants immunity to Cursed and converts Cursed Inferno into On Fire.
-----◘The Megaphone grants immunity to Silenced.
-----◘Tinkering grants an additional immunity to Betsy's Curse.
•Grants immunity to Cursed, Silenced and Betsy's Curse, converts Cursed Inferno to On Fire, and increases critical strike chance by 3%.
•Increases knockback by 20% and magic casting speed by 11%.

OXOoJrH.png

Blindfold (Dropped by enemies that inflict Darkness and Blackout)
•Grants immunity to Darkness and Blackout.

319KN26.png

Hand Warmer (Now found in the Underground Snow in place of the Ice Skates)
Making it an Ice Chest item definitely fits and will make it an earlier find than most immunity accessories since you can find it in PreHardmode!
•Grants immunity to Chilled and Frozen, and halves Frostburn's tick rate.
This thing will be really useful in the Snow biome, especially against the Ice Golem.

ImgOokN.png

Pocket Mirror (Dropped by Medusa)
Along with being an accessory, you can swing it like a tool now!
•Hitting a projectile with this will deflect it wherever you aim, doubling the projectile's damage, increasing its velocity, and granting it the ability to deal knockback and critical hits.
-----◘Swing it in Medusa's direction when she glares, and she'll get petrified, instead. You'll also just deal damage to any enemies in the radius since I don't think Relogic wants to make 70 billion Petrified sprites for different enemies and also there's the Medusa Head weapon.
-----◘Big ol' mama projectiles can't be deflected, though. No cheaping out on the Martian and Phantasmal Deathray.
-----◘You can't attack enemies directly with this thing, and honestly, I don't know why you'd want to smack a Possessed Armor with a hand mirror.
•Grants immunity to Stoned and a 10% chance of deflecting projectiles when equipped.
•Yeah, let's also double this thing's drop rate. Medusas aren't the most fun to fight, as everyone who is now rubble on the floor can back me up on.
Damage: 200% of the deflected attack's damage (Ranged/Magic, depending on the projectile)
Critical Strike Chance: 15%
Knockback: 4 (Weak)

cIdzo0M.png

Cozy Eyemask (Hand Warmer + Blindfold)

Freaky lil' mask.
•Immunity to Chilled, Frozen, Darkness, Blackout, and Obstructed (a bonus immunity), and halves Frostburn's tickrate; a whopping 6 debuffs affected with just 2 accessories!
•Slightly improves vision, ironically.
•Attacks that inflict safeguarded debuffs have a 20% chance of doing no damage.
Takes the Blindfold's place in the Ankh Shield.

0B0wfVG.png

Ank
h Shield (Obsidian Shield + Ankh Charm)
•Grants 4 defense, knockback immunity, a tripled invincibility time (2 seconds), and a tiny health regeneration bonus.
•Provides all the debuff immunities and resistances of its components and halves the tick rate of all remaining DoT effects, save for Suffocation and drowning but including The Tongue.
•Attacks that can inflict safeguarded debuffs instead increase your defense and health regeneration by 20% for the next 10 seconds and have a 20% chance of dealing no damage.
•Provides the following stat bonuses: +3% damage, +3% critical strike chance, +8% melee speed, +20% knockback, +7% movement speed, +20% minion speed, -15% projectile spread, +11% casting speed
On Fire, Burning, Broken Armor, Dazed, Weak, Ichor, Poisoned, Venom, Bleeding, Feral Bite, Confused, Slow, Stunned, Cursed Inferno, Silenced, Cursed, Betsy's Curse, Darkness, Blackout, Obstructed, Chilled, Frostburn, and, finally, Frozen.

This thing used to just protect against 10 debuffs; now it protects from a whopping 25!

BtnrjLx.png

Mirror Shield (Pocket Mirror + Ankh Shield)
•Grants 5 defense, knockback immunity, a tripled invincibility time, and a tiny health regeneration bonus.
•Any projectiles that hit the front bottom-half of your character (where the shield would be) will be deflected, protecting you from damage while sending them back to damage enemies.
•Grants you immunity to almost all debuffs and completely shuts down all DoT effects, save for Suffocation and drowning but including The Tongue.
•Attacks that can inflict any debuffs instead increase your defense and health regeneration by 20% for the next 10 seconds and have a 20% chance of dealing no damage. The defense and health regen buffs can now stack up to four times with repeated hits, though the timer will not be refreshed.
•Provides the following stat bonuses: +3% damage, +3% critical strike chance, +8% melee speed, +20% knockback, +7% movement speed, +20% minion speed, -15% projectile spread, +11% casting speed
On Fire, Burning, Broken Armor, Withered Armor, Withered Weapon, Dazed, Weak, Ichor, Poisoned, Venom, Bleeding, Feral Bite, Confused, Slow, Stunned, Cursed Inferno, Silenced, Cursed, Betsy's Curse, Darkness, Blackout, Obstructed, Chilled, Frostburn, Frozen, Stoned, Shadowflame, Oozed, Distorted, Webbed, Electrified, Mighty Wind, Horrified (hey, you can escape the Wall of Flesh now!), Midas, Oiled, Penetrated, Daybroken, Celled, and finally, Dryad's Bane.

That's 40 debuffs you're now immune to! Quite a lot, no?

KhzCETu.png

Cryo Guard (Paladin's Shield + Frozen Turtle Shell)
Another very good item combo that seriously needs to be a thing already.
•Grants 6 defense and immunity to knockback, and reduces direct contact damage by 25%.
•Absorb 25% of damage taken by teammates when over 25% HP.
•Damage taken is reduced by 25% when under 50% HP.
Agh, we were doing so well with the 25s.

VHbPv33.png

Mana Regeneration Band (Now replaces 50% of Health Regeneration Bands in the world)
Wait, that's not the Mega Regeneration Band.
•This thing is no longer restricted to Corrupted worlds. Whoever thought that was a good design choice is silly.
•Instead of granting 20 Mana, this band now grants 25 Mana regeneration Bonus, just like the original Mana Regeneration Band.

qwNfeG5.png

Health Regeneration Band (Found in Gold Chests)
More renames! This band's unchanged, otherwise.
•Grants an additional 0.5 HP/s regeneration.

9V8MOgh.png

Band of Rejuvenation (Health Regeneration Band + Mana Regeneration Band)
I renamed ALL three bands; that mana one was really bothering.
•Improves Health and Mana regeneration; the regen rates for each are identical to their components' rates.
•Reduces the effectiveness of regeneration debuffs by a third.

8fSzQeW.png

Philosopher's Stone (Dropped by Mimics)
•Will not work for 5 seconds after equipping it. Carries over to all of its tinkers, preventing all other effects of theirs from working, too.

U16jwwk.png

Charm of Myths (Band of Rejuvenation + Philosopher's Stone)
I'm aware that this accessory is good, but I also never really wanna use it other anything else???
•Reduces the duration of Potion Sickness and Mana Sickness by 25% and the effectiveness of regeneration-hindering debuffs by 33.33%.
•Improves Health and Mana regeneration.
I'd definitely wanna use it now.

AGjZQGx.png

Crystal Bottle (Pulse Crystal + Healing Potion)
I wanna try my hand at a Mana Flower for Health.
•Restores damage taken from hits that took at least 10% health after 5 seconds; hits taken during this time will not be restored.
•Healing potions provide an additional 30% health; the drawback is that this uses the same mechanic that the damage restoration does, preventing hits from being healed for 5 seconds.
-----◘Potion Sickness activates the moment you use the healing item, not when you actually receive the health.
•Natural health regeneration cannot be outright halted, only slowed.

6XplInF.png

Life-Support Bracelet (Pulse Crystal + Health Regeneration Band)
•Restores 60% of damage taken from hits that took at least 10% health over 5 seconds instead of after, acting as regeneration instead of a delayed heal. This accessory is perfect if you're not confident you can avoid back-to-back hits, though the reduced amount of healing encourages you (That's the intention, anyways) to improve at dodging so you can use the Crystal Bottle or Pulse Necklace, instead.
-----◘Hits taken during the 5 seconds will still not be restored, though.
•Grants an additional 0.5 HP/s regeneration; natural health regeneration cannot be outright halted, only slowed.

Symphony Medal (Band of Rejuvenation + Cadence Badge)
•Increases maximum health and mana by 10% and improves health and mana regeneration.
•Improves health and mana regeneration buffs by 20%, prevents regeneration from being slowed down, and reduces the effectiveness of regeneration-stopping debuffs by 33.33%.
-----◘Use this with the Pulse Necklace and your regen will be untouchable!

P05g24Z.png

Watches
•Can be placed on walls, ceilings, tables and platforms. They'll show anyone in its radius their time, but only the Gold and Platinum Watches will show an exact time when right-clicked.

T3T3pqC.png

Every other Informational Accessory
•Yeah, you know what, let's let them ALL be placed. Along with showing their respective info, they'd make some really nice decoration.

wNLygmz.png

Fishing hell
•Red, why
-----◘Red, who in your team thought this was fun
----------○Red, I'm one of the people that actually like the fishing mechanic and I think getting these is incredibly unfun.
•Instead of having a random chance of being awarded by the Angler, the little prick now has his own little shop containing the various special items he can give away, including the Fish Finder components. If you want specific info on that, hop on over here once you're done reading this suggestion (you're almost there): Quest Fish and Angler Rework

Xm214bW.png

Cellphone
•Right-clicking will teleport you to the nearest teammate in possession of either a PDA or Cellphone; you can also open up the map and click on a specific teammate yourself to teleport to them.

2w4emAe.png

Royal Gel (Dropped by King Slime)
•Nearby slimes are now passive towards you; they will instead attack other monsters.
•If the slimes don't die first, I will be very surprised.

Twin Guard (Shield of Cthulhu + Mechanical Wheel Piece + 12 Souls of Sight)
The offensively-capable Shield you never asked for!
•Grants 5 Defense.
•Is actually two shields - the Spazguard and the Retiguard - tied together via a thing.
•Grants the ability to dash; the dash's distance is improved from the Shield of Cthulhu to 166.67%, and you can dash 20% more often.
•Impacting an enemy deals hefty damage and knockback and sends the Spazguard flying forwards, piercing all enemies it hits for 60% damage and knockback. It flies offscreen before coming back to you, leaving you a little, uh, less defended until it comes back. You'll have to rely on the Retiguard for your dashing needs.
•The Retiguard, by its lonesome, only provides 40% of the damage, knockback, defense, dash rate, and dash distance. Impacting with the Retiguard fires a laser instead of sending the shield flying, which travels faster than the Spazguard flies while still piercing infinitely (even though it's weaker in stats). The Spazguard will fly out and be back within 3 seconds' time.
•The Spazguard and the Retiguard's lasers both fire completely horizontally.
Damage: 120 from Twin-pact (Melee), 72 from Spazguard (Melee), 48 from Retiguard (Melee) and its Lasers (Magic)
Knockback: 10 from Twin-pact (Extremely Strong), 6 from Spazguard (Average), 4 from Retiguard (Weak)
Defense: 5 with both shields, 2 with only Retiguard

A.EYE. Wrap-Around (Worm Scarf + Mechanical Cart Piece + 12 Souls of Might)

I'm testing the waters with this one.
•Reduces damage taken by 20%; damage reduction lowers linearly as health decreases.
•A Mini Probe orbits you for every 17.5% of health lost (-3.5% damage reduction), which fires lasers at enemies every second, regardless of where they are on the screen. Each laser deals large damage and can pierce infinitely. You can have up to 5 Mini Probes; at that point, your damage reduction will, at most, be 2.5%. Mini Probes can also deal contact damage in the form of a Thorns effect; each Mini Probe you gain reflects 100% of damage taken back to the attacker, adding up to 500% at 5 Mini Probes.
Damage: 100 from Lasers (Magic), 80% of damage taken per Mini Probe from Damage Retaliation (Melee)
Knockback: 4.5 from Lasers (Average), 9 from Damage Retaliation (Very Strong)

mPDrsbQ.png

Brain of Confusion (Dropped by Brain of Cthulhu)
•Spawn 3 Mini Creepers when hurt that converge around you. They fly out to nearby enemies and orbit over them, Confusing them permanently. They will prioritize enemies that can ACTUALLY be Confused, as will its Tinkers (oh, wait, did I spoil that? Ooooops).
-----◘If the Mini Creeper's target dies before it gets to it, it'll return to you. If its target dies while it's orbiting them, the Mini Creeper will vanish.
•You also gain a Mini Creeper for every 3 kills.
•You can have up to 8 Mini Creepers orbiting you at once, and up to 1 on any single enemy. Each one lasts for 30 seconds if not on an enemy, but will persist until the enemy dies if on one.

GUBPVJD.png

Hive Mind (Brain of Confusion + Honey Comb)
Evbe8AA.png
Spawn 3 Creebees when hurt that converge around you. Creebees are a little faster than Mini Creepers, and deal constant damage alongside inflicting Confused when assaulting an enemy.
-----◘If the Creebee's target dies before it gets to it, it'll seek out other enemies before returning to you. If its target dies while it's attacking, the Creebee will vanish.
•You also gain a Creebee for every 3 kills. Creebee kills do not count.
•You can have up to 8 Creebees orbiting you at once, and up to 1 on any single enemy. Each one lasts for 30 seconds if not on an enemy, but will persist until the enemy dies if on one.
Damage: 38 (Summon)

A.EYE. Encephalon (Hive Mind + Mechanical Cart Piece + 12 Souls of Might)
•Spawn 3 Mini Probes when hurt that converge around you. On top of moving a little faster and being able to damage its main target, Mini Probes also accelerate as they move and will fire lasers at the enemy with the largest maximum health on-screen every other hit.
-----◘Mini Probes will jump to one other enemy once their initial target dies. If the Mini Probe's target dies before it gets to it, it'll seek out other enemies before returning to you. If it can't find a second target after killing its first one, it'll come back to you.
•You also gain a Mini Probe for every 3 kills; Mini Probe/Creebee kills do not count.
•Up to 8 Mini Probes will orbit you at any one time, and up to 2 Mini Probes can be on a single enemy. Each one lasts for 30 seconds if not on an enemy, but will infinitely persist while on an enemy. Its lifespan is refreshed upon the first enemy's death.
•No more honey resistances; they have gone extinct.
Damage: 53 (Summon)
Knockback: None, not even from the lasers

Hive Pack (Dropped by Queen Bee)
This accessory’s kinda weird. I’ll try to simplify the bee-buffing part real quick and then add on a few extra bonuses.
•Two more bees spawn from items that release them.
-----◘Effectively boosts the damage from the Honey Comb and most of its tinkers by 50%.
-----◘Increases the Honey Balloon’s height gain and horizontal speed by 50%.
-----◘The Hive Mind only grants one additional Creebee, spawning 2 for every three kills and 4 when hurt.
•Hostile bees will no longer attack you.
•Halves slowdown from liquid honey, and boosts the height and velocity of your first jump by 50% when hopping off of Honey Blocks. Grants no actual immunity to Honey Blocks; that’s the Honey Comb’s job.
I sure brought the Honey Balloon from “literally useless” to “:red:ing amazing,” huh?

dLzTh9R.png

Bone Glove (Dropped by Skeletron)
Not an Accessory, but I might as well.
The damage on this thing is surprisingly bad, otherwise I’d actually use it. How about I give the bones a new property?
Damage: 11/31 when Bone damage is added (Ranged)
Knockback: 1.8 (Very Weak)
Use Time: 17 (Very Fast)
Velocity: A fast
•33.33% chance to not consume Bones.
•Bone Crosses deal 33.33% more damage and have a 12% increased critical strike chance against enemies who are under 33.33% health.
Take THAT :red: and, um, put it on your hand!

QGc0eBw.png
<I will be updating this sprite at some point, don't worry>
Prim
e Glove (Bone Glove + Mechanical Battery + 12 Souls of Fright)
Okay, now to overcomplicate the :red: out of the Bone Glove. For what it's worth, this thing works completely different from how it does in Power Equipment.
•Using Bones as ammo throws 2 metal Bone Crosses that pierce/bounce 3 times each. For the sake of pretending good piercing design exists, the Bone Crosses do not trigger invincibility frames.
-----◘Both Metal Bone Crosses are both thrown a little inaccurately, though the first one is usually a bit more on-track. The first one can deviate 0-15 degrees in either direction, while the second one is guaranteed to deviate, going from 10-20 degrees in either direction.
•Bombs can also be used as ammo to throw a Prime Bomb that explode on impact with enemies or blocks. They won’t destroy blocks, but they DO deal pretty hefty damage and knockback, and they gain a 12% critical strike chance. You can only throw them half as fast as the Metal Bone Crosses, though.
-----◘If you use different types of Bombs, the projectile will have a different effect:
----------○Sticky Bombs cause the Prime Bomb to stick to blocks instead of exploding immediately, though they will still explode on contact with enemies.
----------○Bouncy Bombs cause it to bounce off of blocks once, and will explode if they hit blocks again. They still explode on contact with enemies, regardless.
----------○Bomb Fish will make the projectile stick to both blocks AND enemies, dealing constant 20%-damage hits to enemies before the projectile’s fuse expires; when it explodes, the Bombfish Prime Bomb will send out several spikes that each hit one enemy and deal 33.33% damage. The bomb will stick to enemies that walk by it when it is on a block.
-----◘Prime Bombs deviate 0-10 degrees in either direction. They have a fuse time of 5 seconds.
Damage: 27/47 when Bone damage is added on/127 when Bomb damage is added on (Ranged)
Knockback: 3.2 (Weak)
Critical Strike Chance: 6% with Bones
Use Time: 16 with Bones (Very Fast), 32 with Bombs (Slow)
Velocity: A faster, even with Bombs
•33.33% chance to not consume Bones or Bombs.
•Bone Crosses and Prime Bombs deal 33.33% more damage and have a 12% increased critical strike chance against enemies who are under 33.33% health.

vG4c3Ap.png

Gravity Globe (Dropped by Moon Lord)
•Like the Gravitation Potion, but backwards.
•Press UP to reverse the gravity of all enemies onscreen.
-----◘Yes, this includes all bosses, and yes, this can result in enemies with desynced gravity. Bosses will either fly or despawn, anyways, and the enemy thing could definitely be used as a fun tool for maps. And, you know, building.
nwzP6dg.png

Writing this took much, much longer than it should have; the balloons and boots ate up a lot of time, even though those will probably be the least liked. I still need to make some sprites for the Informational Accessory furniture, but other than that...
I hope you like the ideas and sprites!
Even better if it's one of the concepts that I came up with.
can i maybe use 2-3 sprites for my mod, because i think they deserve to be in a mod :D

I just realized that both of our accessory posts have really similar intros... I swear I didn't do that on purpose.

Alright, I've added in some accessories from 1.4, as well as plenty of new tinkers and a few new base accessories. However, some sprites are still missing, and Damage Retaliation is in need of some work.
I'll work on things, but I need to take a break first.

Back
Top Bottom