PC Accidently deactivated pet/ light pet (Please help)

D2Jake

Terrarian
Yea so I was just testing some stuff and I accidently deactivated my two pet buffs and I cant seem to get them to come bacl :(. Ive re-equipped them and restarted Terraria and still no luck. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this. I even equipped a different pet but cant seem to get any of them to show up.

Have you tried activating pets using a different character? Try creating a new character. You can place some pets in a chest and have the new character pick them up.

That could at least tell you if this is an issue with your character save file. If the new character still can't equip pets I would try re-installing Terraria. If the new character can, your player file might be somehow corrupt, and I'm not sure if there would be a way to fix that -- although you could try playing around with your player file in an inventory editor. You might be able to knock it back into working order (back up your original player file first though).

You could also try creating a new world, just in case the world file has something to do with it, although I would tend to doubt that.

Edit: I think Terraria creates player backup files automatically. You could try going into Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players, renaming your player file, then removing the ".bak" portion of the ".plr.bak" file, then start playing your character again. There's no way to tell if the backup was already harmed as well though. Worth a shot.

Last edited:
Which method was it that worked? Because I would need a full YouTube session worth of coding to do the last few.

Back
Top Bottom