Account deletion

pwise

Terrarian
I would like to have my account and all personal information deleted completely and permanently as I don't use this, and do not want my email adress, IP address or any other personal information associated with the site. According to the privacy policy and the terms of service page, a request for the deletion of personal information or closure of an account can be made via the "Contact us" link, which is at the bottom of the forum screen as well as in the privacy policy itself, but clicking it redirects to Jira service desk, which I cannot log into using this forum's account details, and do not have any other login details for. Because I can't log into the site, and because there is no other communication method provided, I can't actually request for the account to be closed.

Terms of Service - "If you wish to close your account, please contact us."
Privacy policy - "You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data."

Rights

You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.

You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.

Last edited:
They don't delete accounts, you can change your name, personal email and remove all your personal details from the account and log out.

They don't delete accounts, you can change your name, personal email and remove all your personal details from the account and log out.
Information visible on the profile is not the only information that is collected, and simply changing the name and email address does not remove them.

Privacy policy - "You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data."

Information visible on the profile is not the only information that is collected, and simply changing the name and email address does not remove them.

I'm stating that's the only thing you can do, the forum doesn't allow account deletions.

I'm stating that's the only thing you can do, the forum doesn't allow account deletions.
If that is the only thing that can be done it shouldn't be written in the privacy policy or the terms of service that a request for erasure or closure can be made, but it is.

I might not be staff but I've seen enough of this kind of threads to decide to make my post here.
They don't delete people's accounts, but they do close them.
Closing an account is not the same as deleting it.

I might not be staff but I've seen enough of this kind of threads to decide to make my post here.
They don't delete people's accounts, but they do close them.
Closing an account is not the same as deleting it.
Yes, supposedly I can have the account closed and my personal information deleted, but I can't make a request for either because the "Contact us" link redirects to a site I cannot log in to or interact with in any other way anyway. That is why this post is here.

Also, typing in red makes it much harder to read than it has to be.

Yes, supposedly I can have the account closed and my personal information deleted, but I can't make a request for either because the "Contact us" link redirects to a site I cannot log in to or interact with in any other way anyway. That is why this post is here.

Also, typing in red makes it much harder to read than it has to be.
Reporting your account should get their attention.

I would like to have my account and all personal information deleted completely and permanently as I don't use this, and do not want my email adress, IP address or any other personal information associated with the site. According to the privacy policy and the terms of service page, a request for the deletion of personal information or closure of an account can be made via the "Contact us" link, which is at the bottom of the forum screen as well as in the privacy policy itself, but clicking it redirects to Jira service desk, which I cannot log into using this forum's account details, and do not have any other login details for. Because I can't log into the site, and because there is no other communication method provided, I can't actually request for the account to be closed.

Rights

You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.

You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Hi @pwise I will send you a PM to discuss.

Read that up. Unless things changed, I believe this is still the case.
Like I already said, if that's the case it shouldn't be written that accounts/information can be deleted

There's nothing saying you can have your account deleted, just personal information.
You can however get your account closed, which is not the same as it being deleted.

There's nothing saying you can have your account deleted, just personal information.
You can however get your account closed, which is not the same as it being deleted.
Yes, I have already said that and I have also already said that I want my information to be deleted. The problem is that I cannot interact with the site that the "Contact us" link redirects to, which means I can't request for it through that, which is what I originally wrote.

Yes, I have already said that and I have also already said that I want my information to be deleted. The problem is that I cannot interact with the site that the "Contact us" link redirects to, which means I can't request for it through that, which is what I originally wrote.
@Unit One already stated he will discuss with you in PMs. Check your private messages.

Back
Top Bottom