PC Achievements reset each time I load my world after restarting my pc.

Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
no idea why the hell this is happening, but whenever I re-load my world up after restarting my pc this happens.
1589995156130.png

I've still been getting this, and it bothers me that nobody's found any kind of fix. Steam won't track my progress for gradual achievements like Fishing Quest ones because of this, and so it's a major problem.

This might be occurring if Terraria can't update the achievements file. Please try the following:
Go to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria
Look for the file achievements.dat

If the file exists: Right-click the file > Properties. Ensure the Read-only box is not ticked.
If the file does not exist: Right-click the Terraria folder > Properties. If the Read-only box is ticked or has a solid square, clear it and say Yes to applying the change of property to all files and sub-folders.

Then restart Terraria and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, try running Terraria as an Administrator and disabling any anti-virus or file sync programs.

Echoing what Sigma90 said, please make sure you are running the game as administrator. It may be that your internal achievement files are not being saved to correctly, which causes them to reset to default.

image (1).png

This might be occurring if Terraria can't update the achievements file. Please try the following:
Go to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria
Look for the file achievements.dat

If the file exists: Right-click the file > Properties. Ensure the Read-only box is not ticked.
If the file does not exist: Right-click the Terraria folder > Properties. If the Read-only box is ticked or has a solid square, clear it and say Yes to applying the change of property to all files and sub-folders.

Then restart Terraria and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists, try running Terraria as an Administrator and disabling any anti-virus or file sync programs.
My file did not exist but when I cleared the tick/filled box, I went back it it automatically re-ticked itself

Echoing what Sigma90 said, please make sure you are running the game as administrator. It may be that your internal achievement files are not being saved to correctly, which causes them to reset to default.

View attachment 295986
are you sure there is still internal achievements file in C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\My Games\Terraria folder?
becasue in case of Windows 10 and version 1.4.+ and Steam I haven't achievements.dat file there and I'm playing game as admin
and they are complteted in game without this file

BUT then they sometimes disappear and I must start from scratch
I lost in-game achievements many times in last months and because of this bug some are imposibble to achieve (fishing, ...)

can you check with coworkers how they are stored in Steam version of Terraria?

I tried everything off that list. Nothing seems to be working for me at least...
Try dawloading an old version of the game iuse to have the same issue as you and it worked nothing will work you have to use this method
1.4.4 have abug or something try 1.4.3 and every thing will work fine

Back
Top Bottom