NPCs & Enemies Acid Rain - Hardmode Rain Event

you've got my support! another awesome "storm" condition with more unique mobs and effects? what's not to love!, and more gear too? hell yeah!

I just realized that I never made it clear in the main post that the Sulfuric Staff was a Minion weapon. :confused:

Did that throw off anyone? I'm afraid I may have made it sound like a direct upgrade to the Nimbus Rod...

This is a cool idea, but i personally think my thunderstorm idea is better. I dont like the idea of taking damage simply from being outside. Also, i use water all the time, so this would ruin everything for me. Great sprites, very well thought out, but i have to say i dont support it.

This is a cool idea, but i personally think my thunderstorm idea is better. I dont like the idea of taking damage simply from being outside. Also, i use water all the time, so this would ruin everything for me. Great sprites, very well thought out, but i have to say i dont support it.
I personally don't like yours because it's too generic of a weather condition. It just comes down to Acid vs. Lightning.

I personally don't like yours because it's too generic of a weather condition. It just comes down to Acid vs. Lightning.
Yes, and i like lightning better. Im not trying to put this idea down, it's really well thought out and i respect that, but i just think there is one huge problem with it: it turns an entire game mechanic, water, into a hazard, which pretty much messes up half the things i have set up in my world.

How? It's only a temporary effect, and I can't imagine any lasting problem with it.
There are a lot of places i go during the night that require travelling through water to get to. I may be the only one, and if so i guess this is redundant, but it would kind of be problematic for me. Also, if you want to add a hazard to being outside, the thunderstorms cause lightning to strike, dealing a ton of damage in an area.

There are a lot of places i go during the night that require travelling through water to get to. I may be the only one, and if so i guess this is redundant, but it would kind of be problematic for me.
Well, like I said, it would only be a temporary change to Water, but it's also unnecessary and it doesn't need to be added.
Also, if you want to add a hazard to being outside, the thunderstorms cause lightning to strike, dealing a ton of damage in an area.
The real hazard to being outside is the enemies, though... :p

Well, like I said, it would only be a temporary change to Water, but it's also unnecessary and it doesn't need to be added.

The real hazard to being outside is the enemies, though... :p
Ok, really other than the water thing this is a great idea. (As for an outside challenge, the enemies from mine are really strong too, including one that is like an upgraded Paladin :))

Wow, such a well thought out idea! You have my support, as I like the idea of another weather-linked event, and it would be a lot more interesting to experience than the regular Rain event.

Hmmm, this looks interesting, nice sprites,
Also some good tools,
Though stormconure may have a little unfair advantage of this, its good
I support this

Wow ! you really put some work into that nice job for that

I like almost everything the only thing that bothers me is the armor maybe you could add 3 different helmets so you can have other set-bonuses with slightly better bonuses for each class (melee,range,magic)

*thumbs up!* supported.

I like almost everything the only thing that bothers me is the armor maybe you could add 3 different helmets so you can have other set-bonuses with slightly better bonuses for each class (melee,range,magic)
I made it classless on purpose since there aren't any Hardmode classless sets.

Hmm, here's a thought. Why not add the rain coat and rain hat to the items that give resistance?
Maybe, but it isn't special acid-geared equipment or anything.

I have a suggestion thread about having the Rain set increase movement speed when it's raining, so they'd get that, at least.

Just made some changes.

The Blade of Corrosion now fires a splash of three acid droplets instead of a cloud to give it a unique attack.

The Acid Storm Staff's projectiles are now affected by gravity. (I could have sworn that I made this change a long time ago when @Baconfry brought it up back on TO... :confused:) This is to differentiate it from the Venom Staff a bit more.

Finally, I increased the Acidic Greaves' movement speed bonus from 10% to 15%.

Back
Top Bottom