Game Mechanics Acorns and Smart Cursor

absentCrowned

Plantera
Hi there, I'm posting this small suggestion because I can never remember what the requirements for Acorns to grow into Trees are.

Right now, if you enable Smart Cursor and select the Acorn, nothing happens.

Basically, I suggest that the Smart Cursor square should appear on tiles that fulfill the tree-growing requirements when holding an Acorn.

From the wiki:

1- An acorn can only be planted on a dirt block covered with grass, corrupt grass, crimson grass, hallowed grass, a mud block covered with jungle grass, on snow, or on sand.
2- The acorn requires one space of open ground to either side.
3- There must be at least two open tiles between saplings or only one will grow into a tree. This matches the previous rule, i.e. each acorn needs both adjacent tiles free, which means the closest two trees can be is with two tiles between them.
4- The acorn requires at least 32 feet (i.e. 16 tiles) of vertical clearance to grow into a tree.
5- An acorn will not grow indoors - all background walls or overhanging ledges must be removed, and if you have a ceiling it must be at least 32 feet above the block where the acorn was planted as measured by a Depth Meter (e.g, if you are planting an acorn at 300 feet above, there may only be blocks at 332 feet or higher directly above it in order for it to grow into a tree).
6- Acorns will not grow in the presence of torches, wood platforms or sunflowers within its 2-block radius.

This may make tree planting easier, probably without being too hard to implement.

Yep, you have my support. Growing trees must be made easier, it is MUCH easier to shave a new world for now.

Back
Top Bottom