**REPORTED** Actions I do not saving after exiting the world?

Wammyve

The Destroyer
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So I this is the 2nd time I encountered this and I don't know what causes it, and I'm not sure if it's only from me, but basically after I put some items in chests and then leave my friend's world (he also saves and exits shortly after as well), they end up not being there anymore. I have lost the full Angler set and some loot from fishing due to this. This doesn't seem to affect player storage items such as the piggy bank. Oddly enough, a pair of Ice Skates I looted from an Ice Chest (that I put into one of my chests at home) seemed to magically go back into the Ice Chest I found. Also another really weird thing, an entire mine I dug didn't even save properly (same session right before finding Ice Skates) after my friend exited. Half of the mine I made magically went back to how it was before I started mining through (blocks were untouched and no torches were found). I have a high feeling this only happens to actions done shortly before the host leaves the server.

Make sure your friend types in the console window (the server hosting window) simply the word "save" before he exits the server window. Sounds like he's only exiting the world and not saving the world via the server console.

Make sure your friend types in the console window (the server hosting window) simply the word "save" before he exits the server window. Sounds like he's only exiting the world and not saving the world via the server console.
Forgot to mention, but we're playing via Steam "Host & Play", not a server. He doesn't have access to console commands since those are only available through an actual server hosting. When he leaves, he basically clicks on "Save & Exit" to save the world and exit as any other normal p2p world hosting.
I took some notes/screenshots of the same chest at different time intervals to see if it stays the way it should and not lose any recent items I put in shortly before we stop playing (I'll check up on the world with my friend later).
I have a feeling this may be because of bad multiplayer performance as Chaos Elementals were sliding through walls to get to me instead of normally teleporting half the time earlier.

Seems this hasn't happened again and I'm unable to replicate it, might have just been a fluke.

I've also experience this at least twice, and have definitely hit "save." In my case, it was single player PC version. No idea of cause. Autosave seemed to work so I only lost a little bit.

I've also experience this at least twice, and have definitely hit "save." In my case, it was single player PC version. No idea of cause. Autosave seemed to work so I only lost a little bit.
Oof Singleplayer too? I've only witnessed this on Multiplayer and I already know how bad the performance can get after a while. Good thing the current patch is a bit more stable than the release. Also autosave comes in handy for this as nothing much was really lost on our world either. I can always use Terrasavr to get back lost items anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom