Game Mechanics Actually Effective Summoner Lifesteal

I don't need ya'll who are opposed to lifesteal in general. Don't bug me about this. It wasn't my idea in the first place and has nothing to do with the suggestion.

Now, where were we? Ah, yes. Summoner lifesteal. This is one of the threads where I want to be very transparent, in hopes of discouraging Strawman. To do this, I'll be outlining the possible solutions in a spoiler format. Read 'em if you wish.

TL;DR: An AoE healing station that benefits summoners only and provides them with good lifesteal.

View attachment 62047

Naw. Not this one. Not only does it shift a lot of focus to a single minion, even if balanced right, it also has great potential to be abused by summoners - I mean, a quick seven to eight minions is available with most armor/accessory combinations, and there's really no sacrifice if you get lifesteal for that.

I've seen this used a lot of the time in lifesteal suggestions, but I really dislike it. Although it's a good way to pay for your lifesteal, there are so many accessories out there that they can easily override it - for example (in the case of Spectre Armor) a Mage Emblem and Avenger Emblem together come close to overriding the debuff, and combined with a Mech Glove almost completely negate it. Granted, not ideal, but you're no longer a weakling. To boot, it can often have effects based on the minions used, since they're so diverse - it may be much less efficient with the slower-attacking Fire Imps than, say, the Twins.

Naw. Consumables have always had a back-stage role in the game; not necessary, but sure handy. I recommend them, obviously, but they're not a huge deal. So it would go against the grain to force a buff in order to get lifesteal. A clickable, such as the Crystal Ball or Bewitching Table, is also very area-dependent and not for use in heavy fire.

The Gray solution!
Summoner has always been the class that requires the best preparation. Arenas, plans, healing - the works. If you ever saw Yrimir play during his well-publicized and all-too-often-cited playthrough of Summoner, you'd notice that he did so much preparation we almost got bored watching. Some of us did, in fact. But what the heck. I digress.

AoE things, man. AoE. In particular:

Cursed Keystone
index.php
TL;DR - @J-50N is amazing
*Placeable, has a radius of 45 blocks, can be turned on or off by right-clicking
*Only effects players who have 5+ minions out (not factoring in Eldritch Curse)
*Gives "Eldritch Curse" (de)buff

Crafted with:
*Bewitching Table
*10 Ectoplasm

Eldritch Curse
index.php
Thanks, @J-50N!
'Is it a curse... or a blessing?'
*-30% summoned damage
*-1 minions out
*Grants +10 HP/sec in combat, +4 HP/sec out of combat
It would be cool if you could summon leeches that lifesteal 3/40 damage they deal. And leech armor that give your leeches +60 dmg, and have a chance to drop hearts when damaging monsters. It will also let you have 4 leeches.

Back
Top Bottom