Game Mechanics Actuatable furniture

SpeeQz

Skeletron Prime
This proposition focuses on allowing us to actuate furniture in vanilla. Examples include: Strange plants, Candles, Chairs, Crates, Minecart tracks, Column blocks, and more.
By allowing builders to actuate them, they will get the ability to add even more detail and depth to a build and on top of that 3D builders would benefit a lot from this change.
This should be a simple implementation as methods to achieve this already exist. Currently the only way to achieve actuation of these tiles is through 3rd party tools like TEdit or server plugins like WEdit.

P.S. As shown bellow some furniture like strange plants, naturally do not change appearance when actuated even with 3rd party tools. So if a fix for that can be implemented that would be very useful.

Attachments

• Capture 2023-09-16 17_24_41.png
    Capture 2023-09-16 17_24_41.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I mean, I guess it would add depth, but it wouldn't do that much that merely painting the block darker couldn't do.

I mean, I guess it would add depth, but it wouldn't do that much that merely painting the block darker couldn't do.
Actuation is in fact very important as it allows you to add even more shading. The biggest example would be applying grayscale. We simply wouldn't have access to the large grayscale palettes we have without it. And the darker grayscale paints remove the original color of the furniture and do not allow us to use any other colored paint.

Back
Top Bottom