PC Actuating tiles using sand

DRKV

Wall of Flesh
While messing with a few adventure map related mechanisms (I'll make posts about those shortly) whit @AlexanderStarship, I discovered a little glitch involving actuators and sand.
Basically, If you drop an actuated sand tile, the air tile created at the location where it use to be will remain actuated. This state remains between reloads too. Any tile you place at the location will also be actuated. Even if it's a tile that isn't supposed to be actuated.

I've looked around on google, but I haven't seen this bug anywhere else. It isn't incredibly useful, most tiles will just look a bit darker than usual, but still function normally, like ropes for instance. There some exceptions, you can walk through actuated cobwebs.

Last edited:
wow, that's nice. I'm sure there are some more things you can do with this. They just wait for discovery :)

Can you activate the workbench with that switch again? Can you deactivate it after this again? (don't think so but would be nice).

Last edited:
wow, that's nice. I'm sure there are some more things you can do with. They just wait for discovery :)

Can you activate the workbench with that switch again? Can you deactivate it after this again? (don't think so but would be nice).
Yeah, you can activate things back just like normal, but can't deactivate them again.

here some very rare usages scenarios:
1.) Furniture like chair or workbench don't count for NPC flats if activated but you can still craft the items. So if you want a room with crafting station were no NPC mess around you can use this.
2.) for vertical bases. If you move from one floor to lower you get sometimes blocked by a workbench or anvil because you can stand on those as well. So it takes longer to travel downwards. If you deactivate them you can switch floors faster.

I sure that that can be used in 0.0000815% of all playthroughs. :)

have you tried using it on activation mechanisms like switches, levers and pressure plates? if it works, those things might be good in an adventure map where you must get to 2 places in a certain order to open a door or something

have you tried using it on activation mechanisms like switches, levers and pressure plates? if it works, those things might be good in an adventure map where you must get to 2 places in a certain order to open a door or something
You can actuate levers, switches and pressure palates with this, but they continue to function as normal.

You can already wire up activation mechanisms so players must use them in a certain order. It's very easy, just use flip-flop gates and have them disabled except for the first one that enables the next one in the order you want and so on.

Back
Top Bottom