Sprites Adamantite Sword Re-Sprite (concept given)

How would you feel about an adamantite sword re-sprite?

• Total voters

Orion_Bright

Retinazer
Adamantite Sword Re-Sprite

Hello one and all, and hopefully Devs.
I don't know about you, but personally I think the adamantite sword sprite is really odd
Adamantite_Sword.png

To me, It looks more like the Hallberd from Kirby than a sword. Two prongs at the top makes it seem like you could stick heads onto it. As for the spikes shooting out the sides, well they make the sword look clunky. Each of the early HM swords have their own unique look, and so does this sword, but it just doesn't match the others. Here is what I mean.
Cobalt_Sword.png
is a swift looking katana
Palladium_Sword.png
looks like a crystal sword
Mythril_Sword.png
seems like an elf would wield this
Orichalcum_Sword.png
appears light, and extremely
deadly
Titanium_Sword.png
the most trained knight in a kingdom would be this ones master
but the
Adamantite_Sword.png
just looks like it's seen war, and no-one tried to repair it.

This is why I think the adamantite sword needs a re-sprite. I came up with a concept with things I think the sword could be.
The adamantite sword needs to fit in with the other early HM swords. It needs to look swift, sleek, powerful and it also needs to fit with its own armor set.
Y1X0lal.gif
(small)
T3IwkeR.gif
(close up)
With something like this (emphasis on "something like this"), you feel like you can cleave through a boss, instead of poking it with prongs.

Thank you for reading this short suggestion, and I hope it gets implemented. I just feel it needs a change.
If there are any mistakes I made, please tell me because I'm always trying to improve my grammar

I don't know about you, but personally I think the adamantite sword sprite is really odd
Adamantite_Sword.png

To me, It looks more like the Hallberd from Kirby than a sword. Two prongs at the top makes it seem like you could stick heads onto it. As for the spikes shooting out the sides, well they make the sword look clunky. Each of the early HM swords have their own unique look, and so does this sword, but it just doesn't match the others. Here is what I mean.
Cobalt_Sword.png
Palladium_Sword.png
Mythril_Sword.png
Orichalcum_Sword.png
deadly
Titanium_Sword.png
but the
Adamantite_Sword.png

This is why I think the adamantite sword needs a re-sprite. I came up with a concept with things I think the sword could be.
The adamantite sword needs to fit in with the other early HM swords. It needs to look swift, sleek, powerful and it also needs to fit with its own armor set.
Y1X0lal.gif
(small)
T3IwkeR.gif
(close up)
With something like this (emphasis on "something like this"), you feel like you can cleave through a boss, instead of poking it with prongs.

Thank you for reading this short suggestion, and I hope it gets implemented. I just feel it needs a change.
If there are any mistakes I made, please tell me because I'm always trying to improve my grammar

From broken tesla sword to broken blood vessel
Despite it not being to my taste, I like the idea nonetheless.

Personally, I like the Adamantite Sword as is, design wise it likely doesn't make much sense.
But I've really liked the sword and it's spikes made it actually more unique than the other swords.

Maybe the sprite could use a bit of an update, but I do not prefer to have these spikes removed.

On a more pressing note, hardmode ores are basically a joke anyway. There's no reason to get any of these swords when for one a pre-hardmode sword destroys most of them, and for another you can get much more powerful items from almost anywhere else in the world.

Adamantite_Sword.png

Cobalt_Sword.png
Palladium_Sword.png
Mythril_Sword.png
Orichalcum_Sword.png
deadly
Titanium_Sword.png
but the
Adamantite_Sword.png

Y1X0lal.gif
(small)
T3IwkeR.gif
(close up)

This looks more fitting for it and I hope they change it to that. Your amazing at texture making, make a texture pack to make it that texture in the mean time then it feels as if they used it and I hope they find the pack download it and love enough to change the actual texture.
[doublepost=1508807657,1508807606][/doublepost]I support you on this.

My apologies everyone, I did not get any of the notifications for this thread, and appreciate your feedback.

-There is an artwork where you can see the sword but more smoother, you probably saw it already time ago. `:)
new_challenger_by_suweeka-d7acvgv.png
I actually never had seen this, although I wish I had because it is amazing :D

2 PRONGS AT THE TOP OF THIS SWORD?!!

The new sprite changed the blade from a Razor Sword/Fierce Deity Sword of Zelda to a scimitar-like thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom