Other Add a lot more world sizes

Phoenix068

Terrarian
In Terraria right now, there are only 3 world sizes, Small, Medium and Large. I have often found myself wanting sizes in-between medium and large, or 2x bigger than large, or even 2x smaller than small.

My suggestion is that when you create a new world, there is a slider for the sizes. It starts at 3x smaller than small and ends at 3x larger than large. As you slide the slider along, it shows the dimensions of the world.
There would still be basic options, (Tiny, Small, Medium-Small, Medium, Medium-Large, Large, Massive), but there is an option to create custom sizes, (possibly an 'Advanced options' button, which opens the slider)

Thanks, please give me feedback on the idea

How small would a world be if it was 3x smaller than small?

This would add much more variety to the worlds and I would love for this to be a thing.

The idea sounds interesting, but can the engine handle worlds bigger than "large"?

And otherwise I think that the slider should be at "small" at start, to avoid - for example new players - accidentally creating worlds that are a lot smaller than the standard. Worlds that small likely would look chaotic which might be interesting, but probably not the best for a standard adventure.

But that aside, the idea sounds nice.

Iirc, large is the most the game can handle without requiring more than it’s RAM allotment. The smaller worlds are probably fine (and fun) though.

Back
Top Bottom