Other Add a new options for backgrounds: Static. Static backgrounds replace the normal background with a static image.

Radial

Official Terrarian
This can save on FPS, and help people who don't have the best specs.
I myself struggle to run the game at 60FPS at 1080p, colour lighting and with the background on.

Turn your parallax off or turn backgrounds off entirely
While this helps with performance, backgrounds do look nice and it can be useful to have a visual indicator of what biome/depth you are at. The OP's suggestion is a reasonable compromise.

While this helps with performance, backgrounds do look nice and it can be useful to have a visual indicator of what biome/depth you are at. The OP's suggestion is a reasonable compromise.
That's... what turning your parallax off does, though. At least I would assume it makes backgrounds static, I've never messed with that setting.

That's... what turning your parallax off does, though. At least I would assume it makes backgrounds static, I've never messed with that setting.
It makes the background of caves move while you are moving. My suggestion is to add an option to remove all moving elements from biome backgrounds (demo eyes flying around at night, flying ships flying around in the day, parts of the background, like mountains, moving around to simulate distance) Only thing left that will move is the sun, and maybe clouds.

It makes the background of caves move while you are moving. My suggestion is to add an option to remove all moving elements from biome backgrounds (demo eyes flying around at night, flying ships flying around in the day, parts of the background, like mountains, moving around to simulate distance) Only thing left that will move is the sun, and maybe clouds.
Those things are parallax. Turn parallax to 0.

Those things are parallax. Turn parallax to 0.
The parallax setting only affects the cave backgrounds, the OP is requesting an option to turn the parallax-type movement of the scenery in the background off whilst still having the backgrounds visible for clarity.

Parallax is off, and there are still moving elements in the backgrounds, so clearly they aren't parallax.
The parallax setting only affects the cave backgrounds, the OP is requesting an option to turn the parallax-type movement of the scenery in the background off whilst still having the backgrounds visible for clarity.
The backgrounds are literally the definition of parallax, clearly the parallax setting is broken and needs to be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom