Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Nothing (keep as is)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Something special (make a suggestion)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

Olivempa

Terrarian
Shimmer slime could drop small amount of Aetherium Block (1-2, just like gel for regular slimes) or spawn some shimmer liquid (just like lava slimes in higher difficulties). This could be useful as there is absolutely no source of extra shimmer before Moonlord is defeated. And also when special slime drops just coins (literally - nothing) it feels ...incomplete.

It feels weird to me that the Shimmer Slime doesn't drop anything, not even Gel. I'd ask for a chance of Pink Gel too and being twice as likely to drop a Slime Staff.

Spawning Shimmer Liquid would get very annoying very quick. Clean up without a Super Absorbent Sponge and accidentally falling through it would make Shimmer Slimes more annoying than Magma Slimes.

Spawning Shimmer Liquid would get very annoying very quick. Clean up without a Super Absorbent Sponge and accidentally falling through it would make Shimmer Slimes more annoying than Magma Slimes.
Normally shimmer slimes are defeated in proximity of shimmer pond or even right on top of its surface. So new spawned liquid would very likely flow down to the pond, not bringing any mess. However, if it is an artificial shimmer container, this might not be true.

Normally shimmer slimes are defeated in proximity of shimmer pond or even right on top of its surface. So new spawned liquid would very likely flow down to the pond, not bringing any mess. However, if it is an artificial shimmer container, this might not be true.
It'd go into the lake at first, but it'd overflow if you spent a lot of time there, like if you were building houses there or reforging stuff with the Goblin Tinkerer.

I like the Slime Staff idea but I'd like the chance to be somewhat high (like 2% at least) so that if you really want it in the early game you can go out of your way to find the Shimmer and farm slimes there instead of being limited to just prancing around the surface hoping for incredible luck or having to farm tons of King Slimes.

I'd ask for a chance of Pink Gel too
Pink gel is useless, mainly. Players can't really do anything with it. And also, if it were to drop from shimmer slimes it would make defeating pinky less worth it, since it is easier to kill a shimmer slime instead, and also, it would make the pinky enemy not have the purpose of dropping it. The thing is that pinky and the pink gel are tied and this modification you are suggesting would completely destroy this relation.

Pink gel is useless, mainly. Players can't really do anything with it. And also, if it were to drop from shimmer slimes it would make defeating pinky less worth it, since it is easier to kill a shimmer slime instead, and also, it would make the pinky enemy not have the purpose of dropping it. The thing is that pinky and the pink gel are tied and this modification you are suggesting would completely destroy this relation.
Not totally true, as you can make Peace Candles out of them, as well as Bouncy projectiles (explosives, Glowsticks, Boulders if you're evil).

Besides, it could be rare as well, instead of always dropping it.

That said, an Aether Gel could be interesting, making projectiles move only directly forward or defy gravity like Shimmer Arrows do.

Not totally true, as you can make Peace Candles out of them, as well as Bouncy projectiles (explosives, Glowsticks, Boulders if you're evil).

Besides, it could be rare as well, instead of always dropping it.

That said, an Aether Gel could be interesting, making projectiles move only directly forward or defy gravity like Shimmer Arrows do.
That actually sounds awesome, explosives that drop towards the ceiling instead of towards the ground would be so useful.

Back
Top Bottom