Game Mechanics Add duplication cost for journey mode

aajjeee

Terrarian
Since journey mode is not meant to be full on creative, it might be a good idea to have a cost associated to duplication, here is how I would implement that
every item has a new attribute consisting of its value relative to others, when researching, any amount of item can be added increasing the amount of available duplication currency and when duplicating the corresponding value is subtracted from it.
you still need to research the item first, possibly sacrificing that amount of value, but overall what this does is that it gives a good sink for useless items and a cap to how much you can duplicate at any given stage, it might also be implemented as an option.

I think it makes it more interesting than just getting an unlimited amount of an item once you research it, I was hoping to recreate the Equivalent Exchange mod from old minecraft, you have a near infinite amount of the item but the more valuable it is the more you need to sacrifice to get more, it still gives more items without the need to get the specific ingredients (like you would have to in the other difficulties), but makes it so you cant just get an unlimited number of them then

I myself would love an "unlimited inventory" mode as an alternative to research, where I still have a reason to continue mining ore, etc, but I effectively have unlimited inventory slots where everything can stack to infinity. Inventory management is not enjoyable for me, and while Journey mode eliminates a lot of that, I still find myself going to extra trouble due to the limited inventory size.

Back
Top Bottom