NPCs & Enemies Add empty Bottles to the Merchant's inventory

How often do you buy things from the Merchant?

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Title. I think I had this idea a long time ago, but I never officially made a thread about it, so this is a bit belated. Sorry.

Anyways, I find the entire process of hunting sand to make glass to turn into bottles to be tedious and unnecessary. Adding glass bottles to the Merchant's stock would completely remove this need, and as a bonus it would make glass bottles renewable through conventional means (e.g. other than using a Sandgun with ammo reduction bonuses, or standing near Antlions). I'd definitely buy bottles from him quite often, if they were available.

Besides, the Merchant already sells early-game stuff that you can get from Wooden Chests, and that loot table includes Bottles. I dunno, I shouldn't have to justify this too much. It's a small, useful quality-of-life change.

I would prefer that sand just be dropped to a 1-1 conversion ratio, or maybe even 1-2. There's no reason for such a common material to require such a large harvesting session.

Agreed. Especially if you don't want to edit your world too much, getting sand for bottles for potions/flasks is a pain. It's easier to make do with what you've found in chests than it is to brew your own potions for fights.

I, honestly don't like farming sand, because, as you stated, tedious as hell. But I kill a lot of bosses for GOLD, so you're still doing something to get it, you're still grinding. It's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom