Items Add Hallow/Crimson/Corruption detector to aid in purifying the world

soundtoxin

Terrarian
This could be a standalone item or perhaps something to integrate into the Shellphone tech tree. Some sort of way to detect the nearest Hallow/Crimson and ideally its direction would be awesome.
I am down to 1% Hallow and Crimson in my world and have already dug hellevators as well as some horizontal shafts across most of the map and sprayed the Terraformer in both directions from these tunnels. My world is turning into swiss cheese and I'm still unable to find the last little bit. This feels like one of the last things to do in a run (particularly when you're trying to get all the achievements), and it's a shame how painful it is.
The Biome Sight potion is great, the Terraformer is great, but there's still some piece missing here. If there were something like a metal detector or radar for these infectious biomes, I would both be able to more easily purify my world when I'm this close, and I maybe wouldn't have had to shred it up so much.
The fairies that show you a nearby chest or life crystal come to mind. Maybe something like that but for locating these areas. It could even be a consumable item crafted or bought from the Dryad, used in combination with a Biome Sight potion for finding remaining chunks of infected blocks.

tl;dr It doesn't feel like the Terraformer and Biome Sight potions alone are enough to make the task of world purification go smoothly

Should be really easy to add something like this in if they made it a post Moon Lord shimmer transformation of the Metal Detector, recycled its function but for infected blocks and kept it as a standalone item that can't be toggled on/off, since it's for such a specific use. Then all they'd need to make is a new sprite.

I spent sooooo long de-corrupting the world. I didn't even know about the Biome Sight potion.... ARGH!
Wouldn't have been too hard with that as the last bit I took many MANY hours to find was trapped in a mushroom biome. Help seeing that would have solved it for me.
Then again, I did have the Rod of Discord (Harmony) by then too.

Does the Biome Sight find Hallowed too, though?

Would be nice to have a rough Biome detector to give triangulation, even.

Maybe make it to where, while under the effects of the Biome Sight Potion, all map views have non-infected tiles dimmed in brightness by like 50-75% so infected tiles stand out as if they were glowing?

Back
Top Bottom