Other Add marriage to terraria

There is no plausible reason this should be in the game. I prefer what @Storm Diver Ω suggested, which was basically what villagers do in Minecraft. The devs should never add some useless mechanic just to satisfy you and a bunch of other people's fetish, go find some fanfiction to do that for you.

Maybe if you actually flesh out the suggestion (and make it have a point) instead of typing out two lines with no thought put into them and disappearing once people point out that this entire thing is just futile and dumb.

There is no point of defending this, do what Cube said and build something and RP it, you don't even have to build anything since you seem to like putting no effort, just google "Wedding terraria map" and download it and satisfy your weird want.

What are you, a National Dexer?
Keep this non-topical issue away from here.
But the limit of zoom attached to 720p screens is a very important topic and it should be everywhere. Also this is a thread about "marriage" in terraria, so I think its clear this guy is just trolling.

But the limit of zoom attached to 720p screens is a very important topic and it should be everywhere. Also this is a thread about "marriage" in terraria, so I think its clear this guy is just trolling.
Nevertheless, this is not the right place to put that complaint.
What are you, a National Dexer?
Keep this non-topical issue away from here.
What exactly is wrong with being a national dexer? Game Freak straight up future proofed their models and animations so that cutting wouldn’t need to happen, and then completely failed to deliver. There was absolutely no reason that should have happened, especially considering how much more powerful the switch is than the 3ds.

Last edited:
Nevertheless, this is not the right place to put that complaint.

What exactly is wrong with being a national dexer? Game Freak straight up future proofed their models and animations so that cutting wouldn’t need to happen, and then completely failed to deliver. There was absolutely no reason that should have happened, especially considering how much more powerful the switch is than the 3ds.
i dont even know what you're talking about dexer or whatever i'm just really passionate about fixing the limit of zoom attached to 720p resolutions in terraria

Questions:

1. How does the marriage take place? What are the qualifiers? Is there a new "romance" value? Do you have to give the NPC a Diamond Ring (rarely sold) when you ask them to marry you?

2. What sort of benefits come with being married? New dialog? New items sold by NPCs that sell stuff? Random gifts from time to time? A special "Lover's" buff when you mirror back to, or respawn in the same housing the NPC occupies?

3. What about NPC death? Each NPC spawns in with a different name, so I have to ask. Is that NPC now invincible? If they die, do they respawn with that same name every time? Or if they die and they respawn with a different name, does that mean you are no longer married to that NPC? If that last one, does that mean in order to "divorce" someone, you have to kill them/let them die (dark)?

4. Does this include all NPCs, or are there certain outliers? The Dryad seems pretty indifferent about romance, especially given her age compared to most other Terrarian inhabitants. The Tax Collector, Merchant and Clothier are all old. The Cyborg is a Cyborg. Some NPCs like other NPCs (e.g. the Mechanic likes the Goblin). For the NPCs that have an attachment for others, does that just mean you have to try harder?

5. Tying back to the new dialog I mentioned in #2, will some NPCs develop new personalities? For example, if you marry the Tax Collector, will he stop being such a greedy jerk? If you are able to romance the Dryad, does she warm up to the idea of love for a mortal after a while, despite the centuries-wide age gap?

6. What other interactions open up? Do you kiss like in Stardew Valley? Can you snuggle on the sofa together? Can you go fishing in the nearest pond together, or maybe fly kites with each other on a windy day? Do some NPCs have activity preferences over others if that's the case?

Last edited:
lol you guy are so weird...... i am lock goblin in cave cus he in love with Mechanic....... f you goblin she mine....:cool:

Back
Top Bottom