Blocks & Decoration Adding 3 width trap doors and a linking game mechanic for them

KnightShade

Terrarian
So I had an idea for something and I thought I'd see what others think.

3 width trap doors:
Adding a 3 width trap door with the linking mechanism described below allows making a single effective trap door any width 2 or over by mixing and matching.
(It would be great if directly linked ones merge edge graphics to look like the're all one door. Unless you're holding a hammer, in which case the link icons appear and the divisions are highlighted somehow.)

Hammer linkable trap doors:
So if you lay two trap doors side by side, by default, they don't activate together.
You could wire them all together with a switch or whatever, but it uses a lot of wiring and doesn't change how they act if you click on one directly.

Change it so if you hammer one of them, it first causes a connection icon to appear between the one you strike and the one on the each side showing they're state linked.
When one is activated, the others follow the state change. So if they're all closed, then they all switch to open, but if they're open, then they all close.
If they are mismatched states, the ones that are different from the one that is activated don't change. So if the one you activate is closed and so is the one on the left but the one on the right is open, then the closed ones open and the open one stays open.

That's the first link: both sides.
Hitting one again with the hammer changes it so the linkage is only the one to the right, removing any linkage to the left.
Next mode is only linkage to the left removing right linkage.
Next hammer hit removes any link from that trap door.

Back
Top Bottom