Game Mechanics Adding dyes to weapons

This is definitely a n interesting idea, but how would it work? Would there be a dye slot for the weapon being held, or would each weapon need a separate dye? I support, but maybe include a little more detail.

Hold the selected dye over your weapon for 5 seconds,and the dye will be applied to the weapon. To remove it, double click on the weapon.
[doublepost=1503198536,1503198390][/doublepost]Once I get my tablet,I plan to install terraria.
Lol,i'm kinda crazy about terraria.
Installed it for the 3ds,PC and soon for my tablet.
I would get it for console,but I kinda cant afford that now.

I've actually had this idea myself, and after a little while of troubleshooting I've found not a single major flaw in this.

(So kinda obviously +1 here)

However, my only universal concern with large vanity suggestions is this:
Large games always have a developing team. These devs are constantly working their :happy: off to continually produce game content, fix bugs, etc. Working with shaders and implementing dyes for every weapon in the game, along with re-coding the inventory GUI will no doubt take a long time.

My fear in this is that the devs won't be able to produce game-changing content fast enough to keep the playerbase healthy and the game fun.

All that said, I have a simple solution to this: I can code up (with a little help from a friend :p) this feature, then dm a dev with the source code. They could then test and scan the code, which would implement this feature into the game asap and without anyone batting an eye.

there's already a mod that does this, and allows you to change its name too. But I would enjoy that in vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom