NPCs & Enemies Adding More Diversity To The Water - New Aquatic Life

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
Water in most biomes is pretty devoid of life while on the contrary it's one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world, rivaling rain forests. I'd like to add more water creatures to the mix.

Arachnaphobiasts beware! It's the water spider! This little bugger will skate across the water like he has water walking boots. He can be found in surface water in the purity during Hardmode.

Salmon. Not known for violent tendencies, they've gone aggro because Wynaut? They will spawn in the water in the Purity and King Salmon will spawn in Hardmode. They usually school in groups of 2 or 3 and can leap out of the water to get you. They drop Salmon Fillets that can be cooked and eaten for the Well-fed buff.

Spider crab. These monsters spawn on the beach. They're quite strong so beware. They spawn in Hardmode after Plantera has been defeated and have a chance at dropping the Crab Cannon (not an actual cannon). It will be a rocket launcher (needs a special function)
index.php
Thanks @Baconfry!
Seagull. These flying trash boats will divebomb you in large swarms. They can be easily dispatched with a spread shot weapon.

Almost forgot! I'd like to thank @AndrewSF1 since his ocean expansion thread inspired me to do this.

This is what I've thought of so far. I plan on adding a ton of new enemies, but I'd like to see how the public reacts to these first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I made a Spider Crab for someone else, but he never used it, so here you go!
spidercrab.png

(Spider AI, of course)

Though in the Underground Snow, you might be thinkin' of a Snow Crab. They look really similar, though.

My only other issue is that introducing new ammo for new guns is a bit annoying. Maybe have them spawn after a Pirate Invasion, and take ordinary Cannonballs.

I made a Spider Crab for someone else, but he never used it, so here you go!
View attachment 26323
(Spider AI, of course)

Though in the Underground Snow, you might be thinkin' of a Snow Crab. They look really similar, though.

My only other issue is that introducing new ammo for new guns is a bit annoying. Maybe have them spawn after a Pirate Invasion, and take ordinary Cannonballs.
Oh, sorry. I meant for it to be a firearm, not a cannon. I just had to use the alliteration. Edit: And thank you for the sprite, that was unexpected.

Oh, sorry. I meant for it to be a firearm, not a cannon. I just had to use the alliteration.
Sorry for confusing you... I actually was suggesting that you make it an actual cannon. It can probably take Rockets, too, if it's to be a ranged weapon, though it would have to be gated past Plantera in that case.

Sorry for confusing you... I actually was suggesting that you make it an actual cannon. It can probably take Rockets, too, if it's to be a ranged weapon, though it would have to be gated past Plantera in that case.
It would make more sense than firing crab claws. I'll change that.

Pretty awesome idea! However, Spider Crabs should spawn in the forest biome, and the Water Spider should stay tiny (smaller then the pet spider probably). Also, ideas and things:

Giant Squid: A hardmode variant of the squid, spawns in the Ocean biome. Attacks with its tentacles or by spraying ink that inflicts the Confused debuff. Drops Black Ink and the Suction Cups accessory, which can be used to climb background walls

Humpback Whale: An enormous, high health, peaceful critter. Occasionally spawns with a smaller baby following it. Drops Blubber which can be used to craft Oil lanterns.

Megalodon: A hardmode Shark, drops Shark Fins and the Meg Tooth, a vanity accessory.

<instertnamehere>: A Giant Squid boss that spawns in the ocean during hardmode post-Golem. Has a 100% chance to drop a Pirate map, alongside some unique loot.

Pretty awesome idea! However, Spider Crabs should spawn in the forest biome, and the Water Spider should stay tiny (smaller then the pet spider probably). Also, ideas and things:

Giant Squid: A hardmode variant of the squid, spawns in the Ocean biome. Attacks with its tentacles or by spraying ink that inflicts the Confused debuff. Drops Black Ink and the Suction Cups accessory, which can be used to climb background walls

Humpback Whale: An enormous, high health, peaceful critter. Occasionally spawns with a smaller baby following it. Drops Blubber which can be used to craft Oil lanterns.

Megalodon: A hardmode Shark, drops Shark Fins and the Meg Tooth, a vanity accessory.

<instertnamehere>: A Giant Squid boss that spawns in the ocean during hardmode post-Golem. Has a 100% chance to drop a Pirate map, alongside some unique loot.
I want those arachnophobiasts to squirm in their boots. I'll try to incorporate some of these into the suggestion.

Dang iPad puts a white background on everything. I'll fix that.

SEAGULL SQUAD YEAAAHHHH
Support, 11/10 :)
But all the people with spider-phobia (forgot the real name) want to be relaxing on the beach then see a swarm of water-spiders. :p

SEAGULL SQUAD YEAAAHHHH
Support, 11/10 :)
But all the people with spider-phobia (forgot the real name) want to be relaxing on the beach then see a swarm of water-spiders. :p
Water spiders are only in the purity like their IRL counterparts. Thanks for your support.

Hmmm I do enjoy the addition of enemies.. support. But why not add Merfolk to the mix, you know the monsters almost no one knows about because the only way to see it is if you craft a frickin sea shell?

Back
Top Bottom