Additional Changes to Water, With Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
WATER you waiting for Safeman? I hate to RAIN on your parade, but now its time for me to make puns! But seriously, I bet this thread is going to make a lot of people really SALTY. I am SHORE of it!

God, I am so SHALLOW ;)

This is actually something I tried out extensively, but unfortunately due to the smooth look of waterfalls and the generally calm water underground it just looked weird.

It's possible that some combination of ripples and splashes would make it look natural, but as of right now there's no effect for it.
Is it possible to have the ripples that we already have be influenced by waterfalls? Like, in the first picture from the current version, you can see ripples from the wind making the water appear to flow right, so would it be possible to have waterfalls do the same?

Is it possible to have the ripples that we already have be influenced by waterfalls? Like, in the first picture from the current version, you can see ripples from the wind making the water appear to flow right, so would it be possible to have waterfalls do the same?
I have to agree, this would be awesome, if possible

What would be cool (For me at least, don't know how possible this is), would be so that water slowly decreases, 1 block down everywhere (Discluding sky lakes, if possible), and then when it rains 4 blocks of water would rain down.

Sorry I couldn't be more Pacific, but this shore would be cool. Water you waiting for?

This is actually something I tried out extensively, but unfortunately due to the smooth look of waterfalls and the generally calm water underground it just looked weird.

It's possible that some combination of ripples and splashes would make it look natural, but as of right now there's no effect for it.
I would love to see a combination of ripples of splashes at least be attempted. Even if the effect is subtle, I believe it would be an extremely welcome quality of life update.

Otherwise the surface ripples generally look really nice, and I think my favorite part is the ambient movement deeper underwater. Great job!!

Yay now I just have to wait to get a new ps4 or buy a pc and get terraria!
Definitely go with PC. Assuming you're referring to playing this patch, it'll be a long time (if ever) that this content gets released on consoles.

Not to mention it's just a far more enjoyable, intuitive experience with a mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:
I mean, at this point, do you guys even make that many more sales from releasing new updates? I imagine that now that the game has been out for so long, any future updates are gifts to the community more than actual effort to making money as a business.

Sure shows where your heart is, now doesn't it? :happy:

Holy Pizzas! The additional changes sure are good, but I wonder, does the seas got any changes too? Like waves?

My least favorite thing about the previous teaser were very sharp crests and troughs, those are gone, so I definitely like the new one better. But there is something I can't quite put into words about it... the radial ripple effect somehow calls to mind a rubber band snapping back (or indeed, jello), especially when the bunny is jumping out and not covering the effect. It just looks a little bit weird. Maybe the intensity be reduced slightly? Or speed tweaked (I'm not sure if faster or slower).

One other thought: The old splash/spray effect looks a little puny compared to the ripples. Maybe you could jazz that up a bit. Perhaps even add some bubbles on the underwater side. That would help create the impression of real water too.

Love water. Love the way it works. Water is gonna be huuuge. It's a big deal. It moves around, the way it should and it's great! Wow, water. So good for the game, the community--everybody loves water. Just you wait, this water is gonna be GREAT. I have several waters in my employment, and let me say, they are great at what they do. I recommend water to everyone
We're going to build a huge moat

and make the lihzahrds pay for it

Will the background waterfalls (ie. the small waterfalls that are scenic and won't act like physcial water) have the same affect? I think that wavy waterfalls would look really cool!

Hello I'm Nicolás not speak English well but I want to advise: missing the effect of wind on plants, and look perfect. Not forget, even in trees. Apart you can also create an option to choose the type of mineral that I want in my new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom