Additional Changes to Water, With Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... Didn't think it could look any better but it does. The ripples look a lot more realistic, compared to the previous version.

Any plans on making waterfalls looks more "realistic"? Rather than a static stream?

That looks great! I think particles or a splash should also shoot up and out of the water when something goes in, that would be really cool.

Adding the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff when jumping inside and outside of water would be a really nice touch. Also, making the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff make you slightly slower and making your clothes/armor slightly more darker would be an even nicer touch.

I rather won't like the slightly slower part. The chilled debuff in ice water (expert) is already annoying enough.
It could work (and not be too annoying) if the slow effect was greatly reduced in comparison to the Chilled debuff.

And, of course, be exclusively for expert mode, like the Chilled debuff.

Adding the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff when jumping inside and outside of water would be a really nice touch. Also, making the Wet
Wet.png
Debuff make you slightly slower and making your clothes/armor slightly more darker would be an even nicer touch.
Not needed as @ppowersteef said it.
I kinda forgot that chilled debuff happen in water (in expert mode). But he made a really good point, it seem that other water then in Ice biomes maybe isn't so cold to slow you down and + when you are about 1 block high water it will slow you down.
WET debuff is cosmetic debuff, if it will be still same then I don't have problem with it. Maybe WET (de)buff could decrease change getting On fire debbuf (original idea was that to make it more usefull than useless/cosmetic).

It could work (and not be too annoying) if the slow effect was greatly reduced in comparison to the Chilled debuff.

And, of course, be exclusively for expert mode, like the Chilled debuff.
I forgot that the honey regeneration buff also 'slightly' slower the player. Although almost unnoticeable. I would be okay with that little bit though.

Water looking great. while messing with waterfall blocks and stuff, i had an item idea. leaf blocks that produce a few falling leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom