Official Addressing the "Non-Critical" Mobile Terraria Bugs

Two thoughts... Have you killed Plantera in that particular world? And maybe try having just one power cell in your inventory (put the rest in your piggy bank or safe for the moment).

I have been able to fight Golem in my mobile world since the last update, so I know he is possible to summon.

Alright, thanks for the advice. My current world has some really messed up world gen and the temple door led to nothing. So I can't get into the temple. I'll kill plantera on another world and get into the temple again, I'll get back to you after that. Trying only one cell leaves the same result as it would with me trying 5

Thanks for the suggestion :D

Screenshot_2017-05-20-12-38-48.png
Screenshot_2017-05-20-12-38-54.png
Screenshot_2017-05-20-12-39-03.png
The fishbowl helmet prevents you from gaining the merfolk buff completely. While underwater you will NOT gain the merfolk buff from Neptune shell if the fishbowl is in the helmet slot.
Removing the fishbowl from the helmet slot will allow you to aquire the buff again.

Personally I find this very frustrating as I'd like to start a new character with these two items equipped so I can breath underwater and drown on dry land (because I wanna play as a true merfolk)

If this is a feature, I already know that the fishbowl will NOT activate the merfolk buff (not a bug) what I didn't know is that it will deactivate the merfolk buff.:sigh:

P.s. If the fishbowl is in vanity it works.

P.s.s. I'm not sure if this is relevant but gills potion will still stop the drowning if underwater with the fishbowl. Doesnt fix the possible bug though with the shell.
Also I'm on Android.

Last edited:
Occasionally I find things that look like NPC banners withe stars on them instead of the heads on them suspended in midair, usually "hanging" or clinging to floating islands. You can mine all blocks around them, but they still stay there. Would someone please tell me what they are
[doublepost=1496835300,1496835110][/doublepost]The hallow often goes to the side of the world that originally had the Crimson/Corruption. Is this normal?

Occasionally I find things that look like NPC banners withe stars on them instead of the heads on them suspended in midair, usually "hanging" or clinging to floating islands. You can mine all blocks around them, but they still stay there. Would someone please tell me what they are
[doublepost=1496835300,1496835110][/doublepost]The hallow often goes to the side of the world that originally had the Crimson/Corruption. Is this normal?
The small banners with the star on them are an indication that an unfound NPC is below, normally the Angler. The banner is supposed to be out of sight, but if there is a Floating Island above where the sleeping Angler is you'll see the banner on the island.

As far as the Hallow spawning on the side of where Crimson/Corruption originally was... It may just be coincidence. I'm not sure that it happens 100% of the time.

The small banners with the star on them are an indication that an unfound NPC is below, normally the Angler. The banner is supposed to be out of sight, but if there is a Floating Island above where the sleeping Angler is you'll see the banner on the island.

As far as the Hallow spawning on the side of where Crimson/Corruption originally was... It may just be coincidence. I'm not sure that it happens 100% of the time.
Thanks

Slimers and Corrupt Slimes are behaving a bit weirdly. I don't know if I'm the only one to experience this, or if it's happening regularly.
After having defeated the winged phase of a Slimer, the ground Slimer spawned appears blue, and has far less health than normal.
image.png

Corrupt Slimes spawn a single Slimeling upon being killed, rather than the usual 3. This Slimeling is also blue like the bugged Slimer, and similarly has unusually low health.
image.png
This appears to be the case with all of these enemies, rather than a one-time happenstance. All Slimers and Corrupt Slimes I have been encountering are behaving this way.

Also I can't get evidence right now to prove it but does anyone here have problems during the later waves of the frost moon like elf zombies with boss level health and normal night-time enemies spawning from time to time?

i get the normal night time enemies sometimes with frost moon. thats true. but rare. and i always thought the elves were suppose to spawn that way.

well its only in the later rounds and i had thought they looked different without thinking too much about it.

[iOS] Weapons act oddly when used when walking backwards. Sprites seem odd to say the least- I swing and hit with the BACK of the sword. This isn't really much of an issue, but with certain spears, like the Swordfish and Rotted Fork, I thrust with the spear SIDEWAYS. It isn't even in my hand!

Last edited:
[iOS] Weapons act oddly when used when walking backwards. Sprites seem odd to say the least- I swing and hit with the BACK of the sword. This isn't really much of an issue, but with certain spears, like the Swordfish and Rotted Fork, I thrust with the spear SIDEWAYS. It isn't even in my hand!
Can relate
Too many times I've used the snowman cannon and fired smiley faces from the butt of my gun

I'll help someone get the rod of discord if someone helps me get the scaly truffle
[doublepost=1501703086,1501702981][/doublepost]
Screenshot_20170802-144405.png
This is it

I think there is an unobtainable item in the mobile version right now. The scaly truffle might be bugged out.
[doublepost=1508426022,1508425945][/doublepost]
I'll help someone get the rod of discord if someone helps me get the scaly truffle
[doublepost=1501703086,1501702981][/doublepost]View attachment 179004This is it
Scaly truffle seems to be bugged out for me I can’t get it

I think there is an unobtainable item in the mobile version right now. The scaly truffle might be bugged out.
[doublepost=1508426022,1508425945][/doublepost]
Scaly truffle seems to be bugged out for me I can’t get it
Hi there @_.Good._.Night._ there have been reports that the Scaly Truffle IS obtainable on the current version of mobile. You can read more info here: Scaly Truffle cavern?

Just as a tip for going forward, you can use the Edit button on your post to add more to it. If you're the last to post, it's much preferred if you Edit your post instead of sending through another post. Thanks.

Most natural blocks and some placed blocks in the world randomly turned invisible when I loaded up the world.View attachment 186779View attachment 186780
You can try reinstalling the game. Others have mentioned that their missing textures come back after reinstalling.

Make sure that you do a thorough backup to the cloud, and can access those cloud saves before reinstalling. Reinstalling will delete your local saves permanently. Backup instructions here: Mobile Backup Instructions

FAC2B5FB-FB93-4283-A4E6-2DE1BA773BE3.png
I have a bug I found a couple weeks back where after catching a lot of truffle worms my game glitches and while using a bug net it got consumed and spawned a truffle worm. The same happened with my mirror

Back
Top Bottom