Official Addressing the "Non-Critical" Mobile Terraria Bugs

I am playing on a Galaxy Avant, through Google Play, and for me I have found 0 Lac Beetles. I have found plenty of Cyan and Cochineal beetles, but no Lac. This is super frustrating as that is the last thing I need for rainbow dye. A friend who plays on a Galaxy Grand Prime has found some, but I have never personally found any. Please fix

Before I say anything, I just want to say that I really respect and appreciate all of the work that the Console and Mobile dev teams have done on the ports of the game. The game really has improved dramatically, and I play the game a lot on my Android BLU STUDIO X. You all have done a fantastic job at recreating this game for different systems, and it's even better to find out that you all still care about the state that the mobile game is in.

That being said, there are two bugs that I've encountered mainly on my copy of the game. I still have other issues (the "soul of light/night dropping on the surface" is still a problem for me as much as it is for everybody else here, and I'm not a fan of the slight gameplay differences for mobile, like shortened day/night cycles before Hardmode - I would appreciate the option to turn those off), but there are two issues that I really have a problem with:

#1) Chaos Elementals do not spawn in the proper biome - or naturally, for that matter. For some reason, the only way to spawn Chaos Elementals in the mobile version is to build a strip of Hallow in a Jungle or Corruption underground biome. They either do not spawn naturally in the Underground Hallow, or spawn so rarely that I never saw one through dozens of hours of play.

#2) Sniper Rifle zoom does not work on my phone. From what I can gather, most of the camera-changing items either do not work properly on mobile, or don't work at all (Binoculars, Rifle Scope, Sniper Scope, etc), but I have obtained a Sniper Rifle, the one thing that I thought would work for changing the camera's position relative to the character, but THAT doesn't work, either. I was really excited to find some item that shifted the camera's position (I'm not quite sure why), but none of them seem to work on mobile. (on a side note, I also can't obtain the Binoculars from the Eye of Cthulhu, but that might just be my luck)

As I said before, my system is the BLU STUDIO X (honestly a pretty mediocre budget phone) and I am playing the version from the Google Play store. Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this if you did, and I hope I helped fix these issues.

Last edited:
Before I say anything, I just want to say that I really respect and appreciate all of the work that the Console and Mobile dev teams have done on the ports of the game. The game really has improved dramatically, and I play the game a lot on my Android BLU STUDIO X. You all have done a fantastic job at recreating this game for different systems, and it's even better to find out that you all still care about the state that the mobile game is in.

That being said, there are two bugs that I've encountered mainly on my copy of the game. I still have other issues (the "soul of light/night dropping on the surface" is still a problem for me as much as it is for everybody else here, and I'm not a fan of the slight gameplay differences for mobile, like shortened day/night cycles before Hardmode - I would appreciate the option to turn those off), but there are two issues that I really have a problem with:

#1) I cannot get Chaos Elementals to spawn. Period. (I got one to spawn now but spawns still don't work properly) Apparently, Chaos Elementals are extremely rare in the mobile versions of the game, for... some reason, but I've played enough to have gotten at least one of every Hardmode Dungeon weapon (Magnet Sphere, Sniper Rifle, Paladin's Hammer, etc.), the Terra Blade, and almost full sets of the four Chlorophyte Armor sets (at least one helmet, chassis, and leggings for Chlorophyte, Beetle, Spectre, and Shroomite armors), but I have NEVER seen a SINGLE Chaos Elemental, ever. This is pretty disappointing for me, because I really want to use the Rod of Discord, and it is apparently in the mobile version, but as an item with a 0.2% drop chance from an enemy I literally cannot even get to spawn, I don't feel like I will ever get the chance to use it. (Edit: I got one to spawn, but I had to make an long strip of Pearlstone in an Underground Corrupted area to do it. This is still a bug)

#2) Sniper Rifle zoom does not work on my phone. From what I can gather, most of the camera-changing items either do not work properly on mobile, or don't work at all (Binoculars, Rifle Scope, Sniper Scope, etc), but I have obtained a Sniper Rifle, the one thing that I thought would work for changing the camera's position relative to the character, but THAT doesn't work, either. I was really excited to find some item that shifted the camera's position (I'm not quite sure why), but none of them seem to work on mobile. (on a side note, I also can't obtain the Binoculars from the Eye of Cthulhu, but that might just be my luck)

As I said before, my system is the BLU STUDIO X (honestly a pretty mediocre budget phone) and I am playing the version from the Google Play store. Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this if you did, and I hope I helped fix these issues.
Hi Supereor, I also love the strides that all the platforms have made, making Terraria accessible to more and more players. :)

For the Chaos Elementals, there is a little bit of a trick to getting the Chaos Elementals to spawn in the mobile version - not have too much Hallow. Here is a good post that explains more. Pay special attention to Post #31, it shows that they can spawn quite a bit.
Rod of Discord

Hi Supereor, I also love the strides that all the platforms have made, making Terraria accessible to more and more players. :)

For the Chaos Elementals, there is a little bit of a trick to getting the Chaos Elementals to spawn in the mobile version - not have too much Hallow. Here is a good post that explains more. Pay special attention to Post #31, it shows that they can spawn quite a bit.
Rod of Discord
Thank you for this, but I was just about to edit my original post to say how I actually DID end up getting the Rod of Discord today, on the same day I spawned a Chaos Elemental in the first place :D I will edit my original post, but Chaos Elementals not spawning in the Hallow is still a bug.

Thank you for this, but I was just about to edit my original post to say how I actually DID end up getting the Rod of Discord today, on the same day I spawned a Chaos Elemental in the first place :D I will edit my original post, but Chaos Elementals not spawning in the Hallow is still a bug.
Wow, super good luck! Yes, I agree, the Chaos Elementals spawning requirements are a little wonky and could match the PC version better.

I FOUND A BUG ON 3DS!
The Golem Fist can shoot BEHIND you sometimes!
(Honestly it would be good for taking out sneak thieves behind you.)

image.png

I like the new mechanics of the flame dye on mobile.
Invisible flames are the fad of the century.

To probably crashes or bugs or even glitches when you're mobile devise is over 4 years old so why don't u save up for a better mobile devise thanks - buzzy

I can't get Lepus to spawn. iOS 10.3.1 iPad Air 2

Terraria version 1.2.12785

Contacted phone support and they said to look on here and there are no posts about it.

I can't get Lepus to spawn. iOS 10.3.1 iPad Air 2

Terraria version 1.2.12785

Contacted phone support and they said to look on here and there are no posts about it.

My kids both have the same device....will ask if they have had the same issues when they are home from school. Will check them myself later on as well.

I may have a solution why the hallow spreads through the jungle (Happened to me on PS4), but I don't have a screenshot of it.

The hallow seems to change the mud into dirt and won't come back (though you can manually change it back by crafting the dirt into mud).
I found this glitch when I accidentally used the cleminator with blue solution on the jungle grass.
[doublepost=1492530837,1492530586][/doublepost]
What the heck is that thing on the right??????????????
That is someone's messenger pic.
[doublepost=1492531336][/doublepost]
I have obtained the paladin hammer on one of my new charcters I decided to test it out in the hm dungeon but I soon saw there was another paladins hammer mirroring mine above me it was basically a ghost hammer walls didn't stop it it didn't do damage it might have to do with me taking damage when swinging here's a vid of the bug

This also happens on console (I tested on ps4
[doublepost=1492531507][/doublepost]
Wait, you have the bug with chlorophyte pre-plantera? I thought my Iphone was messed up...
Chlorophyte is programmed to SPAWN pre-planthera
[doublepost=1492531646][/doublepost]
Bug: i'm not able to write on signs like when the game first came out on mobile.
It isn't programmed to do so yet. But there is a way to do it but it's hard and complicated

Golem is currently un-spawnable in mobile. I can place 6 lizard power cells and I cannot spawn him. It says 'You need a lizard power cell to summon Golem'. This delays progress and thus I can no longer play as it is incredibly difficult to progress without golem items / Accessories

Golem is currently un-spawnable in mobile. I can place 6 lizard power cells and I cannot spawn him. It says 'You need a lizard power cell to summon Golem'. This delays progress and thus I can no longer play as it is incredibly difficult to progress without golem items / Accessories
Two thoughts... Have you killed Plantera in that particular world? And maybe try having just one power cell in your inventory (put the rest in your piggy bank or safe for the moment).

I have been able to fight Golem in my mobile world since the last update, so I know he is possible to summon.

Back
Top Bottom