Official Addressing the "Non-Critical" Mobile Terraria Bugs

I'm not 100% sure if these are actual bugs, but they're things I noticed that seemed wrong.
  1. Demolition NPC blew up his door.
  2. Miner's helmet disappeared when I click-dragged it to the equipment tab at the top of the inventory. (8 gold lost is kinda awful when you're first starting out.)
  3. When smart mining while grappled, the block the grapple is attached to will get broken.
  4. Smart mining also destroys blocks with torches.
Edit: I just got the update from Amazon (finally) and I definitely notice a difference in the ruby staff's firing rate!

However, it seems that smart mining will still destroy blocks with torches, and the grappled block when grappling. Also, in the update change log, it says that quick grapple has been improved.
yjlN2Gj.jpg

If the grappling hook must be selected in order for this to work, that's fine. But, if it's supposed to allow you to grapple without having to select the grappling hook as your current tool, it does not work that way. (Which kinda made me sad, because I was excited about that.)

Lastly, another bug, perhaps?
  • When in the ocean at the very edge of my world map, I'm not able to break down the two water chests on the bottom of the floor. I can mine sand a couple of pixels before the chests, but my ability cuts short of mining (chests or sand, even) right near the edge.

Last edited:
The white, grey, and black paints wont show up on blocks or anything. Please fix this in 1.2.3 so i can use paint on houses.
iPhone 4
IOS 7. Something
[DOUBLEPOST=1440368504,1440368292][/DOUBLEPOST]
Miner's helmet disappeared when I click-dragged it to the equipment tab at the top of the inventory. (8 gold lost is kinda awful when you're first starting out.)

Yeah, me too. Sometimes i get that bug. and i think they increased weapon fire rates a ton. Now the minishark can actually be useful.

Last edited:
FOR VITA: the bug i found is a crash bug terraria keeps crashing when players save, auto save {etc has to do with saving}
and rarely will crash randomly deleting much stuff.

Hohhhhhkay, so! New bugs.

• Using my hellevator as intended (just dropping straight down) freezes my game. If l pause along the way and slow my character's descent, it doesn't freeze. Sometimes, running with my Hermes boys will also freeze my game. Seems mobile doesn't like to do things the Ricky Bobby way. "I like to go fast!"
  • Wearing the Jellyfish Diving Gear accessory and the Familiar Wig vanity item at the same time makes your character bald. (Man, l need my hair, okay.)
  • Most of the time, since this last big update, l can't create worlds or characters with a capital letter anywhere in the name. Occasionally, it allows me to put a capital at the beginning of a word/name, but usually it just acts like l didn't type anything, at all. This is balls, because grammatical OCD.
  • (This one isn't a bug, but it's ridiculous that it's this way.) Even though one can craft the Honey Balloon accessory and acquire the Lucky Horseshoe accessory, one can't craft the Amber Horseshoe Balloon on mobile (because it's desktop only). This is dumb. (´−`) ンー

Last edited:
The blood moon and solar eclipses are not happening on my world for some reason. It has been like forever and they still don't happen. It is on hardmode

iPhone 4
IOS 7. Something

Never mind. It just took super long. I just had a blood moon today.

Last edited:
Hi I noticed that the current patch for Android (1.2.10333)'s Plantera Bulbs and Chlorophyte spawns abnormally slow. Plantera Bulbs grow at a slower pace of 1 Bulb per day rather than 1 bulb per half day. Chlorophyte grows in a really slow pace than on the previous version (before Balance Changes) I would say the rate would be 1 - 2 blocks around every 2 or 3 days which actually took me a days to build my Chlorophyte Armor and Shroomite Armor. Additionally, Flame dyes of all kind tend to show Silver dye instead of their respective dye. If any of the following were already mentioned please disregard it. Thanks!

Found something intresting, since this is the 1.2.1 equivalent. Why aren't the Critical Chance Modifiers for accessories not doubled? Is this intentional or a bug? Also regarding my previous post, Chlorophyte was actually doing normally after reading some patches on the wiki. Plantera bulbs might not be a bug too, since I made another world and tunneled the heck out of the Jungle before killing a Mech Boss. I found one at the beginning and found it capping around 5 bulbs (2-3 days) but the Flame Dyes are still a bug, they ain't no where near the Silver Dye. Thanks, back to bug hunting!

I've been experiencing another bug. Whenever I enter a world, on rare occasions, I will suddenly use my first item before I've fully entered the world (black screen, before entering the world is when it usually happens) so it's kinda annoying having to unintentionally summon a Raven or shooting a round out of nowhere.

The inventory is still persistent on vanishing and cloning items in rare occassions, when using the equip button from the inventory sometimes armor pieces will clone the item your wearing from the item you're trying to equip (Ex. Equipping Shroomite Armor to replace your equipped Turtle Armor turns Shroomite Armor into Turtle Armor) and once again, using the equip button to equip accessories deletes them in rare occassions. And this may not be a bug but I consider it VERY WEIRD, I found a little hitch hiker from Patch 1.3 in the game. It's usable but in the same time a semi-useless Item in a way. Thanks.

Wisp in a Bottle Explained, as far as I know it moves both with the movement joystick and the targeting joystick. But this is wrong since the Wisp in a Bottle should only be able to be controlled via movement NOT targeting or aiming. Also Skin tone for characters doesn't correctly show in Android, it will override the chosen skin tone and turn in it into a pale white skin tone upon entering worlds. Can you also tweak the controls and make a D-pad instead of a constantly moving joystick or at least make it stationary, there's also a rare occurrence on controls that makes you move and mine at the same time unwillingly. Quick Grapple is still difficult to activate and unable to make Jump Grapples when using the Quick Grapple method. I suggest a secondary joystick acting like the aiming joystick. Well I hope I helped finding those weird bugs, and I really didn't read past posts so if they're already mentioned take it as a reminder. Thanks!

1. My game is randomly freezing, now. All. The. Time. It's often when I'm opening a chest, but it doesn't have to be.
  2. Arapaima and angler fish won't spawn in the artificial jungle biome I created for my ocean-based key mold grinder. (This is super irritating, since it's a huge pain in the tuchus to create that biome before one is able to mine Lihzahrd bricks.)
  3. Underground ice biome mobs aren't spawning, like...at all. It's a hardmode world (though pre-Plantera), and underground ice biomes are REALLY HARD to find in mobile worlds (and they're SMALLER in mobile because they don't stretch down as far in the Cavern layers as on desktop and console). That makes getting ice chests and ice weapons/accessories really hard/nearly impossible.
  4. Hallow underground elemental mobs appear to be nonexistent, as far as I've seen.
  5. Wth. :/

1. My game is randomly freezing, now. All. The. Time. It's often when I'm opening a chest, but it doesn't have to be.
  2. Arapaima and angler fish won't spawn in the artificial jungle biome I created for my ocean-based key mold grinder. (This is super irritating, since it's a huge pain in the tuchus to create that biome before one is able to mine Lihzahrd bricks.)
  3. Underground ice biome mobs aren't spawning, like...at all. It's a hardmode world (though pre-Plantera), and underground ice biomes are REALLY HARD to find in mobile worlds (and they're SMALLER in mobile because they don't stretch down as far in the Cavern layers as on desktop and console). That makes getting ice chests and ice weapons/accessories really hard/nearly impossible.
  4. Hallow underground elemental mobs appear to be nonexistent, as far as I've seen.
  5. Wth. :/

The game actually freezes from anything from my experience, I'm already using an Overclocked Device and still the same. As for Artificial Biomes, all of them are quite screwed up actually. I tried to make a 3 layered biome for a base but it seems none of them have any effect on NPCs. Underground Hallow though is just incomplete, most of the spawns that are sought after are really nowhere to be found. I tried to farm Rod of Discord once but noticing the missing mobs I just took out some other form of means to acquire it. Just to widen the area of affected bugs.

Btw fix the Wiki about Rod of Discord on mobile. IT DOES NOT INSTANTLY KILL YOU.

The game actually freezes from anything from my experience, I'm already using an Overclocked Device and still the same. As for Artificial Biomes, all of them are quite screwed up actually. I tried to make a 3 layered biome for a base but it seems none of them have any effect on NPCs. Underground Hallow though is just incomplete, most of the spawns that are sought after are really nowhere to be found. I tried to farm Rod of Discord once but noticing the missing mobs I just took out some other form of means to acquire it. Just to widen the area of affected bugs.

Btw fix the Wiki about Rod of Discord on mobile. IT DOES NOT INSTANTLY KILL YOU.
My Kindle Fire HDX is already running hot when I play the game, so I'm not about to try overclocking, but yeah. There are definitely a lot of issues that still need to be fixed, even after the last update in August. But, I just hope they're reading these things so they know what's going on.

I have two bugs to report here:

-The sniper rifle causes the entire screen to jolt when used.
-One of the Twins sometimes despawns in the middle of a battle.

Weapons have an increase in velocity (magics, guns, bows etc.) when you have a target that is autoselected by the game. Now my sniper rifle bullet just travels at an insane speed that I couldn't even see it. Also Cursed Bullet hitbox is bugged, can't even hit anyone.

Back
Top Bottom