Game Mechanics Advanced enemies and basic drops

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
The problem is simple. Advanced hardmode versions of pre-HM enemies that drop basic materials don't drop those materials frequently enough. Once you get far enough into the game, it becomes harder to obtain things like Lenses and Bones, when it should be somewhat of a compromise between difficulty and the amount of material dropped. Here are details.

Bone.png
Bone
Should be dropped by Blue, Hell, and Rusty Armored Bones at a rate of 75% (3/4) for 2-3.
* Angry Bones drop 1-3 Bones 98.5% of the time.
* This would be useful for summoning Skeletron Prime.

Lens.png
Lens
Should be dropped by Wandering Eyes at a rate of 40% (2/5) for 1.
* Demon Eyes drop Lenses 33% (1/3) of the time.
* This would be useful for summoning The Twins.

Black_Lens.png
Black Lens
Should also be dropped by Wandering Eyes at a rate of 1.67% (1/60) for 1.
* Demon Eyes drop Black Lenses 1% (1/100) of the time.
* This would make the Optic Staff less painful to acquire, as well as open other possible Hardmode uses.

Gel.png
Gel
Should be dropped by Crimslimes at a rate of 2-5.
* You should be able to collect Gel in the Crimson. Corruption drops tons.
* Flamethrowers need large amounts of Gel for ammo.

Rotten_Chunk.png
Rotten Chunk
Should be dropped by Corruptors at a rate of 1-3 instead of just 1.
Should also be dropped by World Feeders at the same rate.
* This would be useful for summoning the Destroyer on Corrupt worlds.

Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae
Should be dropped by Floaty Grosses at a rate of 1-3 instead of just 1.
Should also be dropped by Herplings a the same rate.
* This would be useful for summoning the Destroyer on Crimson worlds.

If I missed anything, let me know. Feel free to leave comments.

Last edited:
Bone.png
Bone
Should be dropped by Blue, Hell, and Rusty Armored Bones at a rate of 85% for 2-5.
* Angry Bones drop 1-3 Bones 98.5% of the time.
* This would be useful when trying to get Souls of Fright and craft a Naughty Present.

Disagree, I still get a hefty amount of them while blitzing the HM Dungeon. How much Skeletron Primes do you even need to kill anyway?

Lens.png
Lens
Should be dropped by Wandering Eyes at a rate of 40% (2/5) for 1.
* Demon Eyes drop Lenses 33% (1/3) of the time.
* This would be useful for summoning The Twins.

The only reason I say yes to this is because of Archery Potions, not because it would be hard to get the Twins' summoning item (same as above, how many do you even need to kill?)

Black_Lens.png
Black Lens
Should also be dropped by Wandering Eyes at a rate of 1.67% (1/60) for 1.
* Demon Eyes drop Black Lenses 1% (1/100) of the time.
* This would make the Optic Staff less painful to acquire, as well as open other possible Hardmode uses.

Definitely.

Stinger.png
Stinger
Should be dropped by Moss Hornets at a rate of 3/5 (60%) for 1.
* Common Hornets drop stingers 50% (1/2) of the time.

I must ask why? Stingers have little use in HardMode.

Gel.png
Gel
Should be dropped by Crimslimes at a rate of 5-10.
* Corrupt Slimes drop 5-10 after all Slimelings have been killed.
* Collecting Gel should be about as easy in the Crimson as in the Corruption.
* Flamethrowers need large amounts of Gel for ammo.

I disagree with the highlighted text. I'd prefer asymmetrical balance over symmetry, otherwise they're just two different looking biomes. Regardless, I agree with gel dropping from Crimslimes.

Rotten_Chunk.png
Rotten Chunk
Should be dropped by Corruptors at a rate of 1-3 instead of just 1.
Should also be dropped by World Feeders at the same rate.
* This would be useful for summoning the Destroyer on Corrupt worlds.

Same as the other two mechanicals, how much do you face it? Besides, do you know how common Corruptors are? They literally swarm me and I have no issues getting stacks of their gibs.

Vertebrae.png
Vertebrae
Should be dropped by Floaty Grosses at a rate of 1-3 instead of just 1.
Should also be dropped by Herplings a the same rate.
* This would be useful for summoning the Destroyer on Crimson worlds.

Same as above. While I easily get less vertebrae than chunks, I always get enough of the stuff.

On how many mech bosses you need to kill. It all depends on what you are doing. In June I restarted playing the game and made it my personal goal to collect every item, tool, drop, and everything in between. My main world as well as one other for crimson gear and another for things I didn't get like a pyramid, enough trees, more Floating Islands ( I need 12 shiny red balloons.), etc.. And bosses are very important. For instance. The destroyer drops 20-40 souls each time. You need 72 for every crafting recipe, and not to mention the trophy or mask. Both of which I do not have after killing 6 of them. Then comes Hallowed Bars. I need 288 of them just to make everything. Not counting every pumpkin mood medallion I have needed to make. RNG, as much as I absolutely love it, can be a bit of a hassle sometimes. It took me 4 hours to get my First Nazaar. Now I get them every time I go to the dungeon. My first hardmode dungeon run gave me 3 wisp in a bottles within 30 minutes of each other, yet I still dont have a spectre staff. Some people may get max drops and get lucky. Only having to kill about 2 or 3 destroyers. While some people might need to kill 10 or 20. It all depends on your goal.

And SzGamer227. I would like another method of getting Vines or Antilion Mandibles.

I don't want to come out as harsh, but this game shouldn't be designed for completionists/collectors.

If you want to get everything, then you have to accept the fact that you will have to use multiple worlds as well as spending more time getting summoning materials.

But really, you only need to kill the Destroyer a few times and Rotten Chunks/Vertebrae are plentiful. Bones are the same story; those Pre-HM skeletons spawn much more commonly than some people would like to admit. Lenses are fair enough but again, very little reason to kill the Twins more than a few times.

Disagree, I still get a hefty amount of them while blitzing the HM Dungeon. How much Skeletron Primes do you even need to kill anyway?
How many Frost/Pumpkin Moons do you want to fight?
The only reason I say yes to this is because of Archery Potions, not because it would be hard to get the Twins' summoning item (same as above, how many do you even need to kill?)
Same as above, but only for PM.
I must ask why? Stingers have little use in HardMode.
For Poison Darts, in case they decide to expand on Dart content.
I disagree with the highlighted text. I'd prefer asymmetrical balance over symmetry, otherwise they're just two different looking biomes. Regardless, I agree with gel dropping from Crimslimes.
I'll nerf that value a bit, but it will still be more than the common slimes.
Same as the other two mechanicals, how much do you face it? Besides, do you know how common Corruptors are? They literally swarm me and I have no issues getting stacks of their gibs.
PM again. Oh, and their loot is an excellent money-maker.

I'll nerf that value a bit, but it will still be more than the common slimes.

I don't think there's much need. Have you seen how much gel Umbrella slimes give?

PM again. Oh, and their loot is an excellent money-maker.

I don't need to give the moon events much attention once I'm done with them (Pumpkin moon is pretty much done in one attempt) and money is too easy to get as well as useless at end-game. I tried farming PM and FM with 20 of each summoner once, it took a looong time to burn through them.

I don't think there's much need. Have you seen how much gel Umbrella slimes give?
They drop 2-5, which is probably what I'll be changing Crimslime to. 5-10 is just ridiculous come to think of it.
I don't need to give the moon events much attention once I'm done with them (Pumpkin moon is pretty much done in one attempt) and money is too easy to get as well as useless at end-game. I tried farming PM and FM with 20 of each summoner once, it took a looong time to burn through them.
There are quite a few rare drops in them. It could very well take someone more than 20 tries to get them all.

Those umbrella slimes seem to be super common for me, when in the purity anyway. Much more so than crimslimes, where it competes with a multitude of enemies over the spawn.

That is true for the Frost Moon, but I'll just go along with the grind if someone wants absolutely everything. Besides, I never have issues creating a nice bunch of summoner items currently in the first place.

That is true for the Frost Moon, but I'll just go along with the grind if someone wants absolutely everything. Besides, I never have issues creating a nice bunch of summoner items currently in the first place.
Well, this was never really about Moonn summoner items in the first place. It's more about incentive to grind for the Mech summoners in your own Hardmode world rather than taking the easy/lazy way out and making a new world for an easier/faster grind instead.

Back
Top Bottom