Portfolio/Multi-Topic Adventures on the Sea!

Do you support?

• Yes, I like this!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I don't like this.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I like it, but I have a few problems (Please specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please specify below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

5raptorboy

Terrarian
I was looking at Optimus Andrew’s thread to add boats, and I realized that I wanted to make my own expanded version of it.

The boat would be used to travel to different islands, whether they be randomly generated or not. The boat would be crafted using 30 wood at a workbench. When you go to the ocean, you can place down the boat and use it like a mount. You then go off to the side of the world, or island.

When you make it to the ocean, it asks you if you want to travel to a friend’s island. If you say yes, it goes into the steam integration thing, and you are teleported to the coast of your friend’s island. If you say no, it transports you to a randomly generated island. If you decide you want to go back, your character will remember the path he took and go along the same route, transporting you from that island to yours.

After that, there is not much to do. Until hardmode. When you defeat the Pirate Invasion, there is a 100% chance to get 1 Mysterious Map from the first Pirate Captain you encounter. The Mysterious Map will allow you to get into a top down perspective when you get on your boat. You can now travel the seas, looking for your worlds, your friend’s worlds, and randomly generated ones, too! Though, it is very dangerous. You may be pulled back into the regular mode of Terraria to deal with attacks. You may be faced with Duke Fishron, a giant ship filled with pirates, and worse horrors from the depths. If you are playing multiplayer, you can see your friends sailing across the seas with you.

When you finally make it across the seas, you can expect treasures, such as tiny islands with an Excalibur in the ground at the center, a small island with tons of diamonds, an abandoned pirate island, and more! Though, there is a risk to going to any island, for there may be tons of Crimson running rampant, a giant arena filled with bosses, a spire of hallow, rising from the ocean, and more terrible islands. To combat this, you can get the Dryadometer. This can be bought from the Dryad for 80 gold. The reason why this is so expensive is because it tells you details about the island you are about to land at. (The islands are not all generated as soon as you use the map for the first time, but rather, each island has settings randomly made when you get the map so when you land on the island it generates with these settings used). Such things the Dryadometer can tell you are the amount of corruption, crimson, or hallow, the size of the island, if there is plenty of treasure, or little amounts of treasure, etc.

P.S. The Mysterious Map has a limited size so it doesn’t murder your computer in cold blood.

I hope you liked this suggestion, and sprites for the Dryadometer, the Mysterious Map, and the Boat are welcome.

Also, I know I don’t have a lot of details, but with a concept like this, I think the developers would do a better job at it.

This is absolutely amazing. A feature like this would revolutionize Terraria, I especially like the top-down perspective thing. Maybe you could craft new parts to upgrade your boat, or buy them from various NPCs, or find them on islands. Then when you're pulled out or you dock, you can walk around on your ship, block built, and when you use the wheel it enters the top-down perspective.

OMG this would be so awesome! +1 Saviors of terraria.jpg

Wait, so let's get this straight: This is like the map from Pixel Piracy. Ok, I am fine with that. Maybe have content exclusive to this, like an evil that is never going to appear on your "world"... or poisonous water, which would give you a stronger form of the Poison debuff. We will never know what awaits here.

Back
Top Bottom