Resolved [Mobile] Adventuring advice

ianpwilliams

Terrarian
I feel like I’m up and running in my game now, I’ve got a multi storey house with lots of NPCs, and I’ve picked up lots of things when adventuring.

I’ve created as many different crafting instruments as I can (about ten so far), but I haven’t crafted that much else yet as most of it seems to be for improving the home rather than having an actual use, and I prefer adventuring to home-building. Although when it comes to crafting I’m not sure what to do. I can’t pick everything up from my chests to see what I can craft because I can’t carry everything at once.

The thing is I’m not sure what to do next. I’ve uploaded my world map to this thread. The only thing I’ve found so far is an old man to the left saying I must free him of his curse which I don’t know how to do, and if I go inside and downstairs then a dungeon guardian kills me instantly. Does anyone know what I’m supposed to do here?

And when it comes to adventuring generally, is it not worth just digging down, and better to look for cave entrances instead? And should I be finding events (bosses etc.) underground? Because at the moment I’m only really finding ores and occasional chests.

Attachments

• C49346B2-2C07-4714-AA36-65A0BA7C5EAA.png
    C49346B2-2C07-4714-AA36-65A0BA7C5EAA.png
    656.7 KB · Views: 70
  • AD71BAF6-F429-450B-9993-46C6515030CA.png
    AD71BAF6-F429-450B-9993-46C6515030CA.png
    899.7 KB · Views: 71
I have a sharp enchanted sword with 29 melee damage and also ranged damage, and seems to take care of all enemies so far. My equipment is:

Silver helmet - 3 def
Copper chain mail - 2 def
Copper greaves - 1 def

Wood greaves in vanity - 1 def

Fleeting Aglet
Band of star power
Warding jellyfish necklace
Menacing shackle
Arcane depth meter

The vanity slots don't actually provide stats, your weapon's good, just try to upgrade from copper armor and maybe see if you can beat eye of cthulhu if you haven't, just a recommendation, get hermes or flurry boots, they're gonna help you a lot.

I’m not sure how to make those boots, I’ll look them up (would be great if this game had a built-in Wiki).

How do I locate eye of cthulhu? I’m not sure how to find bosses.

You summon the eye of cthulhu with a suspicious looking eye, or it spawns naturally when you have 200 HP, 3 NPCs and 10 defense.

Thoroughly explore your jungle, lots of good stuffz can be found within. When you feel you're ready, go to the Old Man at night and summon Skeletron. Explore the dungeon and get a shadow chest key. Head to your local underworld and open all dem shadow chests, and hopefully, you'll find a drax.

Talk to the old man at night, there's gonna be an option called curse, choose that to summon skeletron.

Back
Top Bottom