Advice for Nebulla/Solar Pillars?

Oh, yeah? I just assumed it'd be too slow, but it's one of my favorite weapons, so if it can be used for that, that's awesome.
It is pretty slow, which is why you end up having to spam it against faster enemies like duke fishron, who can quickly move out of the sphere's range.

But the sphere itself fires it's little magnet beams pretty damn fast, so it can land quite a few hits before he does.

If you manage to beat the nebula tower you transform some of your other fragments into solar fragments and make some super healing potions, they help out a lot.

reporting back in with info for mages

Razorpine is a weapon that drops in the Frozen Moon event, and it deals the best pre-celestial gear single target DPS among magic weapons (I think). It's a very rapid fire weapon with a small spread to make it easier to hit enemies such as the tail of the solar dragon, or the nebula eye monsters. Good to chunk down the towers too.

Put a platform on top of Solar Pillar. Vortex Beater the enemies then for the pillar use flairon.
Get the Solar eruption to whack the Nebula pillar. DONE.

If you manage to beat the nebula tower you transform some of your other fragments into solar fragments and make some super healing potions, they help out a lot.
Alternatively make enough Solar Fragments for the Solar Eruption, because it really does just murder enemies in the Solar Pillar's zone of influence.

Solar pillars are defensible from high ground. Just stay out of the air.

Nebula pillars just require you to stay moving at all times. The dogs (or whatever they are) shoot those energy balls that bypass walls so no camping. The other guys shoot at you so you have to circle around instead of moving in straight lines.

Essentially Solar and Nebula are polar opposites. One is going to disintegrate you if you try to stay in midair (crawlipedes aggroing you at the speed of light if you try to fly), the other is going to disintegrate you if you stand still (nebula's super fast ground enemies which shoot damn homing projectiles, plus lasers everywhere).
We can very well agree Nebula and Solar are currently the two hardest altars. Solars much less with enough dps and knowing you should never lift your tiny legs from the ground if you care about their safety. Nebula on the other hand is truly problematic, no matter what you do.

I think those Evolution Beasts follow Unicorn AI, and won't shoot homing balls when offscreen. Is it possible to dig two pits around your camp and make them totally useless?

Quite funny that I had no idea of pillars and firstly I did the Solar pillar. The way I did it, was with Chlorophyte armors, cross necklace for extra invincibility time between damage and vampire knives. Also, I had an ankh shield, fire gauntlet and a philosophers stone for extra use of healing potions. Then I used the posessed hatchet(Drops from golem) to kill the flying worms so I could use air to dodge the monsters on the ground. Also I had the Brain Scrambler mount that drops from enemies during the Martial Madness event. So jump around, lifesteal and kill worms with the hatchet from time to time. Also when killing the pillar itself you have to move away and kill the monsters for healing to not die there. Obviously this requires alot jumping, dodging and a bit of luck to survive, but that's one way.

Back
Top Bottom