Advice For Werewolf Form Eyes

AmberMutt

Terrarian
I enjoy playing my main character with a Werewolf item equipped and staying in that form a vast majority of the time. However I wasn't fond of the eyes being permanently open and unblinking (especially when sleeping). I found that I was heavily relying on the character's eyes to instantly let me know if I was dangerously low on health in hectic combat situations. I also disliked that dying the Werewolf form affected the eyes too, usually making them look odd with most of the dyes.

I decided to find and tweak the Werewolf layer, and found that if I removed the 4 eye pixels, there was the human layer underneath and the original eyes were visible while in Werewolf form. Now the eyes could blink and close like normal, and wouldn't be affected by dyes!

As of 1.4.1, it seems the reworked vanity system has removed the human layer while I have a Werewolf item equipped. As you can see in the "After" screenshot, the eyes are see-through, and you can see the background and even wings through the hole in the edited Werewolf texture. At the moment, I'm really not sure where to even start looking for a solution. If I remember correctly, the "dynamic eyes" were their own separate texture file layered on top of the normal human character, so directly editing the head doesn't seem to be the answer. I'm looking for a solution to this issue, preferably one that can keep the eyes from being affected by dyes. I only learned enough about texture packs to be able to make this small edit, so I don't know if there is a code file I can write up for a texture pack to force the "dynamic eyes" to be visible again while in Werewolf form. As it stands, the only solution that I can think of is removing the armor dyes and recoloring the entire Werewolf form textures to the colors I would use in order to keep the eyes from being oddly colored by dyes. Of course this still wouldn't allow them to blink or close, and would be a pain to

If I can be guided towards a decent solution, I'd be happy to upload the texture pack so anyone else who prefers the Werewolf form can enjoy this option! I may even find a way to add it to the NPCs, so they can blink and seem a bit more lifelike.

Attachments

• Armor_Head_38.png
    Armor_Head_38.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 2020-08-16_023544 (Before).png
    2020-08-16_023544 (Before).png
    428.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 2020-10-14_010315 (After).png
    2020-10-14_010315 (After).png
    461.9 KB · Views: 170
I have a solution which wont make your character head invisible, and is also perfect for the season.
Use this for your werewolf body sprites: Wolf set
This is a pretty solid work-around! Thank you! I still want to see if I can get the charm/buff itself back to how I had it, though I may have to learn a lot just to do that. Either way, this makes for a good solution for now, especially with the seasonal bag drops!

This is a pretty solid work-around! Thank you! I still want to see if I can get the charm/buff itself back to how I had it, though I may have to learn a lot just to do that. Either way, this makes for a good solution for now, especially with the seasonal bag drops!
Wait, werewolves can wear hats? I'm confused how this works lol

My idea would be of having the appearance of the werewolf turned off, and then use the sprite texture modified wolf set to display your character as werewolf, with the eyes visible.

My idea would be of having the appearance of the werewolf turned off, and then use the sprite texture modified wolf set to display your character as werewolf, with the eyes visible.
Ohhhh, that makes sense, thanks for explaining

Back
Top Bottom