Game Mechanics Aesthetic and Functional changes

Actually someone else said something else about a plantera summon dropping at a 25% chance from the bulb. I believe it was a seed of some sorts in one of @crackshotCerberus's threads.
Yeah that was in a couple of mine. Though don't post them because that kind of advertising is against the rules.

This is a good suggestion thing but I have one thing to say. Do you really think you can out voodoo the witchdoctor?

I just think there should be a normal boss summoner for plantera.
that's it.
should be craftable or something.
plain and simple.

I just think there should be a normal boss summoner for plantera.
that's it.
should be craftable or something.
plain and simple.
But that's bor--- wait.
It kind of makes plantera uniwue. Its fun to hunt for one, at least the first time. If you dont get what you want after a while(poor hagrid) then it does get a little repetitive and boring.

I honestly don't think it's boring.
After searching for 4 bulbs within almost 2 hours, it gets boring by itself.
i just want to be able to experience the cool feeling of searching for it ONCE, not every time i want to fight plantera.

Do you really think you can out voodoo the witchdoctor?

that's why the tooltip is "Boy, this is ironic." :p

The witch doctor voodoo doll seems like a (no offense) terrible idea.
Because if you don't remember, plantera becomes enraged on the surface, and taking the witch doctor all the way down to the underground jungle would be frustrating if you had a overworld jungle house.
I think just making the strange bulb be an item you can get by either destroying a strange bulb or crafting it. Sort of like a summon item.
Something like "10 Vines, 15 Souls of night 15 Souls of light and like, 20 Jungle Spores" or something.

no offense taken. although you don't have to move the witch doctor into a house manually, you can just build one near a good place to fight plantera and use the housing menu to move him there. then, go somewhere else and come back and he should be there. also, the voodoo doll is not consumed upon use, so all you have to do is wait for the witch doctor to respawn, which would probably take roughly as much time as collecting the ingredients for the summoning item you suggested, although that's not a bad idea either.

True, but something about the witch doctor moving to a new housing requires it to be night/raining.
I dunno, it just seems a bit limited to me, i still really like your other ideas though, such as the robe and dayblooms.

Also, just to (possibly) add to your little sprite collection thing or whatever.

u8Vg9J7.png
- Witch Doctor Voodoo Doll

JtXYMk0.png
- Night Charm

Just seemed you needed some more sprites for your ideas..?

Last edited:
I stopped reading past the Moon Charm suggestion because at that point I realized that this is a wall of text post, but from what I did read, I disagree with all of them.
I dislike the robe sprite, the legs look really weird and it also means that the devs will need to add a new walking animation for robes (because at the moment, the legs aren't animated, only the arms are) so I doubt it will be added.
I don't see the problem with having the default daybloom sprite during solar eclipse. A solar eclipse isn't even possible during nighttime, because then the moon wouldn't block the sun. Meaning that if there is a solar eclipse, it's daytime. Hence daybloom having the default sprite..

Also, why combine moon stone and moon charm? That would be like combining Shackles with Ankh Charm. Sure, both are similar - they give defense buffs. But that's pretty much the only reason to combine the two. Moon stone and moon charm both give a bit of melee dmg, regeneration and speed, but that's about it. Besides, moon charm's stats are quite low so combining them wouldn't make too much of a difference.

I stopped reading past the Moon Charm suggestion because at that point I realized that this is a wall of text post, but from what I did read, I disagree with all of them.
I dislike the robe sprite, the legs look really weird and it also means that the devs will need to add a new walking animation for robes (because at the moment, the legs aren't animated, only the arms are) so I doubt it will be added.
I don't see the problem with having the default daybloom sprite during solar eclipse. A solar eclipse isn't even possible during nighttime, because then the moon wouldn't block the sun. Meaning that if there is a solar eclipse, it's daytime. Hence daybloom having the default sprite..

Also, why combine moon stone and moon charm? That would be like combining Shackles with Ankh Charm. Sure, both are similar - they give defense buffs. But that's pretty much the only reason to combine the two. Moon stone and moon charm both give a bit of melee dmg, regeneration and speed, but that's about it. Besides, moon charm's stats are quite low so combining them wouldn't make too much of a difference.

the weakness of the moon charm is the exact reason why it should be combined with the moon stone, to give a larger boost during the night. and the robe sprite was just to get the idea across. as for the dayblooms, they have a yellow texture during the day to represent the sun, but at night the sun isn't visible, so it doesn't have yellow. but during solar eclipses, the sun is mostly covered by the moon, so having the full daytime texture looks weird.

I know you stop reading past moon stone but please take you time read and tell me why you judge the book by it cover.

~He suggest an option button to make enemy turn into puff of smoke when killed for reduce lags.

~He suggest crystal shade to drop as an item when you clean the hallow so you don't have to waste time mining it. (just realize he suggest it two times Whoop)

~He suggest wall that you cannot obtain (such as gem wall) to be craftable. You don't like it?

~He also suggest mud to turn to corrupted/crimson instead turn into dirt. Isn't that something that most people want?

~Wall Creeper stop spawn after defeat WOF so it's impossible to get spider banner on that world, So he suggest it to spawn at rare rate so the banner is still obtainable, don't you like it.

Yeah, tell the reason why you disagree these suggestion.

P.s Meteorite head was change to drop nothing on death because keymold. I want it to still only drop banner on hardmode.

Edit : I read your comment wrong but still.. it still easier to read than the real wall of text.

Support, with reservation.
There are some thing I can't see working and others that would be pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom