tModLoader Aether III: Exodus of the Earth WIP

ArmyFrog

Plantera
Aether Banner.png

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to Aether III: Exodus of the Earth
-Credits for the Core Elements-

This is intended to be a Terraria remake of the original Aether mod (for Minecraft) created by Kingbdogz, Shockah, Kodiachi, Flan, 303, and Emile van Kreiken.
All credit for the core ideas goes to them.

-Important Notice-

I love all the support I can get, however I DO NOT need any spriters. I have chosen the sprite the entire mod myself, just to give myself a little challenge and to boost my spriting abilities, as well as to give my mod a special signature. Any sprites seen in this mod were created fully by me, ArmyFrog.

-Status-

This mod is a WIP. We are experimenting with world generation for the Aether.

-Contents-

-World Gen - A new revamped sky biome. It's like Hallow in sky!
-Blocks - Decorate your base with awesome new blocks!
-Crafting Materials - Collect cools items to craft awesome gear, exclusively from the Aether!
-Tools - Not your ordinary tools, each type comes a unique ability!
-Weapons - Someting for everyone, choose the weapon that suites your class!
-Enemies - Don't think you will be alon up there in the Aether, there are new creatures waiting to kill you!
Aerdirt:
Aerdirt.png
Dirt up in these altitudes tends to be very fluffy!
Aergrass:
Aergrass.png
A special type of grass adapted to thin air and loose dirt.
Holystone:
Holystone.png
A sacred stone emanating the spirits of the skies! Slightly holier than pearlstone.
Skyroot:
Skyroot.png
A light, brittle wood pulsing with energy, causing it to duplicate things.
Ambrosium Ore:
Ambrosium Ore.png
Rays of sun trapped in the crevices of holystone. Somehow that gods found this to be tasty.
Zanite Ore:
Zanite Ore.png
A sacred crystal lodged withing the cracks of the holystone. It becomes stronger as it intensifies.
Holystone Brick:
HolystoneBrick.png
Perfectly polished bricks that once formed the houses of the gods.
Ambrosium Brick:
Ambrosium Brick.png
Interestingly, the gods used their very food for building material.
Zanite Brick:
ZaniteBrick.png
The classiest building material. 50% crystal, 50% pure class. It seems to become stronger during sky quakes.
There are over 47 items in this mod so far! We are only going to limit them to the most important items.
Skyroot Gear - First Ones Double
Skyroot Gear.png

Skyroot Sword and Spear - Increases Drop Chances by 15%
Skyroot Pickaxe - Doubles all natural block drops
Skyroot Hamaxe - Doubles all tree and natural wall drops
Skyroot Bow - 50% not to consume ammo
Skymarang - Can be stacked to two
Skyroot Arrow - Travels indefinitely in a straight line

-~-
Holystone Gear - Traps the Sun's Rays
Holystone Gear.png

Holystone Sword, Spear, and Bow - 10% chance to drop ambrosium from enemies
Holystone Pickaxe - 10% chance to drop ambrosium from natural solid block mined.

Holystone Hamaxe - 10% chance to drop ambrosium from trees and natural walls.
-~-
Ambrosium Gear - Food of the Gods
Ambrosium Gear.png

Ambrosium - Grants the Well Fed buff for 10 minutes when consumed
Ambrosium Torch - Grant the Well Fed buff while in it's vicinity (function soon to be replaced with campfire)
Ambrosium Staff - Has 1% chance to grant the Well Fed buff for 5 minutes when used

More planned for the future...
-~-
Zanite Gear - Get's Stronger when Intensified
Zanite Gear.png

Zanite Sword, Spear, and Bow - Speed increases by 10 while autoswining/firing
Zanite Pickaxe/Hamaxe - Speed increases by 10 while autoswining
Zanite Staff - Speed increases by 10 while autofired
Zanite Armor - Grants 15% Mining speed as a set bonus

-~-
Cloud Gear - Power of the wind
Cloud Staff - Low Damage, very high knockback
Much, MUCH more planned for the Future
Gravitite Gear - The Essence of Gravity (Mage Set)
-~-
Aer Gear - The Essence of Flight (Melee Set)
-~-
Nexxus Gear - The Essence of Purity (Summoner Set)
-~-
Hades Gear - The Essence of Evil (Ranged Set)
-~-
Sentry Gear - The Core of Spite
-~-
Valkyrie Gear - The Core of Wite
-~-
Sunspirit Gear - The Core of Plight
-~-
Aether Gear - Master of the Aether

Last edited:
Bringing the Aether to terraria is a great idea! i would like to help but i have no experience in coding, also i played the Minecraft mod Aether 2 :p

Bringing the Aether to terraria is a great idea! i would like to help but i have no experience in coding, also i played the Minecraft mod Aether 2 :p
I love to hear it. Your experience with the mod could really help. I've played AetherII myself, however, I don't know everything.

So if i'm right you can go to Aether using glowstone and water (the shape of the portal just like for the nether portal)
PS: the best part in Aether II is that you can ride a flying pig!

So if i'm right you can go to Aether using glowstone and water (the shape of the portal just like for the nether portal)
PS: the best part in Aether II is that you can ride a flying pig!
I understand this, however, there is no glowstone in Terraria, and the Aether itself will generate up in the sky, incorporating floating islands as well. There will be phygs as well, but not in the initial release. If you want to talk about what will actually be in this mod, send me a private message.

Minecraft mod becoming a Terraria mod... Not sure how to feel about that.
Correction: Core elements of a Minecraft mod into a Terraria mod. Do you seriously think that I am going to copy and paste every single detail? Besides, once this mod gets released, wouldn't you want to play it? This mod is on of only mod in Minecraft that seems fit for Terraria. Terraria is all about adventure, and the Aether has three bosses...

I EXPECT YOU TO PUT IN EVERY SINGLE DETAIL, OR THAT MOD WOULD BE THE WORST MOD OF ALL TIME!!!
*Coughs*
In truth, no, I do not expect you to put in every single detail. I would wanna play it once it comes out, not really for the Aether bit, but for the improvement to the sky's.
PERSONALLY, I PREFER THE AIR.

I EXPECT YOU TO PUT IN EVERY SINGLE DETAIL, OR THAT MOD WOULD BE THE WORST MOD OF ALL TIME!!!
*Coughs*
In truth, no, I do not expect you to put in every single detail. I would wanna play it once it comes out, not really for the Aether bit, but for the improvement to the sky's.
PERSONALLY, I PREFER THE AIR.
Yes, Yes, the atmosphere is quite clean up there. There is no need to scream. The main reason why I'm creating this mod, besides the fact that I want to see the Aether in this game is for more air improvements. Your criticism has been registered to my metal archives.

Yes, Yes, the atmosphere is quite clean up there. There is no need to scream. The main reason why I'm creating this mod, besides the fact that I want to see the Aether in this game is for more air improvements. Your criticism has been registered to my metal archives.
Er, me gerd, it's like, so metal.
I CAN SCREAM IF I WANT TO SCREAM!!
In case it wasn't noticed, the "Personally, I prefer the air" is a quote to Falco.

This is awesome! I loved the Aether mod in Minecraft (haven't played Aether II though), and seeing this in Terraria is really exciting.
Though I'm curious: do the original devs know about this?

the aether mod is one of my favorite Minecraft mods and I love the idea of making a Terraria version of it!

Back
Top Bottom