PC AFK Pinky Farming?

Eeveepedia

Terrarian
So, seeing as Pinky is one of the rarer mobs in the game, and waiting around with a battle potion and water candle is tedious, I was wondering if it would be possible to make some sort of Pinky farm.
I've been looking for a while, but can't seem to find anything, so I came up with an idea for a farm that may or may not work.
I'll be using a modified version of DicemanX's Ultimate Mob Autofarm (http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...ls-of-light-night-rod-many-other-drops.36329/) (Yes, I'm bad at posting links >.<) seeing as I use it a lot and like the design. So, would it be possible to build an above ground version of this farm and have a spawn surface for slimes? Or would the spawn rate be so low the farm would be inefficient?
I'm very curious, so if anyone has experience with this or think they know what would happen, please do share your ideas and advice!
Thanks!
-Eevee

Well, honestly, I don't actually know any of the technical stuff when it comes to spawning, but I do know that King Slime has a rare spawn chance in place of a regular slime in the outer thirds of the world, so maybe it's possible for the Pinky as well. I normally play on console so I can't really help if you're on PC, but I'd suggest making sure to have the Lifeform Analyser and also maybe check out wiki.

Sounds like a great idea though :D

Well, honestly, I don't actually know any of the technical stuff when it comes to spawning, but I do know that King Slime has a rare spawn chance in place of a regular slime in the outer thirds of the world, so maybe it's possible for the Pinky as well. I normally play on console so I can't really help if you're on PC, but I'd suggest making sure to have the Lifeform Analyser and also maybe check out wiki.

Sounds like a great idea though :D
I've already killed a few Pinky in the world I'm currently working on, but I'm wondering if I can get a good spawn rate because I want the banner haha. I believe Pinky has a 1/180 chance to spawn instead of a regular blue slime, so she's more common than King slime.
Thanks for the reply :)

I've already killed a few Pinky in the world I'm currently working on, but I'm wondering if I can get a good spawn rate because I want the banner haha. I believe Pinky has a 1/180 chance to spawn instead of a regular blue slime, so she's more common than King slime.
Thanks for the reply :)

No problem. And also, I had no idea there spawn rate was higher than King Slimes. If that's the case you honestly don't need something as advanced as a DicemanX farm, you could always go for something small like HappyDays King Slime farm, which I guess could be modified and put to the centre of the world if you want to avoid King Slimes.

No problem. And also, I had no idea there spawn rate was higher than King Slimes. If that's the case you honestly don't need something as advanced as a DicemanX farm, you could always go for something small like HappyDays King Slime farm, which I guess could be modified and put to the centre of the world if you want to avoid King Slimes.
The thing is though Diceman's farm could be made in the air seeing as it is already empty space with just some lava below. It's actually very easy to set up if you have the area dug out already. Happy's King slime farm seems great, but once again, I'm wondering how fast we can generate slimes using a specialized farm.

Here is an idea, actuated teleporters only teleport enemies higher than one tile/block (i tested it, this must be why truffle worms are safe on @DicemanX 's farm), now, if pinky is not higher than a tile, it would be safe, the problem would be pinky jumping, so idk.....

your best bet is to use Lava to block off spawning in all but a small area directly underneath you, then pillar up till you are 35 blocks above your spawning surface. a battle potion and Water Candle will increase the spawn cap and rate.

use Summons to kill them, as you are trying for the Banner, and Trap kills don't count towards Banners

make sure to build this in Purity, near the center of the world to avoid King Slime spawns, and note that it will only work for Slimes during the Day

Here is an idea, actuated teleporters only teleport enemies higher than one tile/block (i tested it, this must be why truffle worms are safe on @DicemanX 's farm), now, if pinky is not higher than a tile, it would be safe, the problem would be pinky jumping, so idk.....
ooh ideas!
your best bet is to use Lava to block off spawning in all but a small area directly underneath you, then pillar up till you are 35 blocks above your spawning surface. a battle potion and Water Candle will increase the spawn cap and rate.

use Summons to kill them, as you are trying for the Banner, and Trap kills don't count towards Banners

make sure to build this in Purity, near the center of the world to avoid King Slime spawns, and note that it will only work for Slimes during the Day
See, my only problem with this is that I can't automatically collect the drops, so if I afk, any banner might despawn.

Thank you both for the advice though ^^

The problem is, while waiting for a Pinky, you will probably get a Slime Staff and a huge amount of Gel. Also, when it becomes night, enemy spawns will be changed(luckily days are 15mins while nights are just 9mins) so a Pinky farm would probably product many thingies with Pink Gels, so be prepared for this situation...

The problem is, while waiting for a Pinky, you will probably get a Slime Staff and a huge amount of Gel. Also, when it becomes night, enemy spawns will be changed(luckily days are 15mins while nights are just 9mins) so a Pinky farm would probably product many thingies with Pink Gels, so be prepared for this situation...
That's true, and I wouldn't mind a second slime staff haha, even though they're not that rare because of slime statues.
It is possible to farm forest mobs, as I was trying to farm for solar eclipses in the mobile version, but while in the farm a message saying "you have killed the 50th pinky" appeared.
Would you mind sharing how you were farming eclipses?

Thank you both though :D

So, I AFKd for about 10 hours. I got:
A stack and 89 gel
Shackles and zombie arms galore that got trashed
10 blue slime banners and 5 green slime banners
57 Lenses
A Black lens
4 Spelunker pots, 4 Ironskin pots, 4 swiftness pots, one mining pot and one recall pot
478 arrows
16 bombs
81 rope
24 torches
4 tin ore, 12 iron ore, 32 gold ore, 23 lead ore, and 26 platinum ore
Lots of other banners such as zombie and demon eye
and the moment we've all been waiting for...
Well, while making the farm I found Pinky, who gave me 44 Pink gel. (I made the farm on a new world, effectively reducing my Pinky kill count to 0.)
So, while afking, I got 92 more pink gel, meaning 2 more Pinky were killed. This could take a while!
Also, the Pink gel was actually in the lava below the farm, leading me to believe that Pinky is small enough to slip through the teleporters. I added a row of blocks in front of them so hopefully she'll land in the kill chamber next time.
Welp, more afking!

EDIT: I got two more Pinky just positioning myself to afk. :D

UPDATE: Since having made the farm, I have done about 15-16 hours of AFKing. Two King Slimes have been killed (What? I'm in the center of the map, my only guess would be slime rain.) and a grand total of... DRUMROLL PLEASEEEEEEE
13 Pinkys. I've still finding Pink gel under the farm, so I'm guessing Slime rain causes a few Pinkys to die in lava without being hit by me, my slime mount, or my minion (I'm using a single UFO to kill off stray demon eyes). I'm not sure there's anything I can do about this. All I know is that at this rate it will take 45ish more hours of AFKing. I'm not sure if I'll take a break to be able to build or actually play some more, or if I'll just leave my PC on for two days. For now I'm still AFKing :p

On a side note, I'm starting to think Pinky's banner is much rarer than say, the Nymph's banner, as I got that within 5 hours of AFKing, although I had already killed 20ish Nymphs from other farms. So it would've taken 8ish hours for 50. Also, people don't seem to realize how rare the Groom's banner is. I've obtained two top hats in my time AFKing for Pinky. Hmm...

On yet another side note, the plural of Pinky would be Pinkys and not Pinkies, right? Proper Nouns and all that fancy stuff.

Have a great day everyone :)
-Eevee

Last edited:
ooh ideas!

See, my only problem with this is that I can't automatically collect the drops, so if I afk, any banner might despawn.

Thank you both for the advice though ^^
If you're on PC, I would say use the new conveyer belts to collect drops. I haven't tested this, but if the conveyer belts are treated as generic, non-biome-specific mob-spawnable blocks (e.g. dirt, mud, dungeon brick, platforms, etc.), then they can spawn slimes during the day. Stand at the receiving end of the beltway and you can collect everything with worries of de-spawning items.

The general idea of mob-farming is that not so much controlling what spawns (though possible-ish depending on the mob and biome), but how QUICKLY YOU CAN KILL MOBS to open up spawn slots for more to spawn. I mentioned something similar in another thread in regards to farming a particular mob (Frozen Turtle in that case). If you can kill slimes quickly (anyone should by mid-game or so), you become time-limited in efficiency rather than spawn-limited. Spawn-chances will always be against you and you can't do anything about that. You need to make up for that in sheer numbers by killing as much as you can in the shortest amount of time possible.

Example: A "rare" mob is a 10% chance to spawn. Spawn cap is 10 mobs at once in existence. Assuming the game can spawn one mob per tick/frame, max spawn rate is 60/sec. If I can only kill 5/sec, that's one rare kill every 2 secs max. If it was capped out at 60 kill/sec (via something like Battle Potions, Water Candles, Jungle Biome, etc.), that's 6 rares dead per second without me needing to muck with spawn chances (which you can't do anyway.)

The main limitations are how quickly you can kill stuff, how quickly the game can replenish/replace the dead mobs, and by association/extension, how many mobs can exist at one time. Unfortunately I don't have numbers for the latter point. Someone who has looked at the decompiled code might be able to shed light on that. I've found trying to isolate mob spawns to be more an exercise in engineering than an exercise in farm efficiency. Up to you which way you want to go.

If you're on PC, I would say use the new conveyer belts to collect drops. I haven't tested this, but if the conveyer belts are treated as generic, non-biome-specific mob-spawnable blocks (e.g. dirt, mud, dungeon brick, platforms, etc.), then they can spawn slimes during the day. Stand at the receiving end of the beltway and you can collect everything with worries of de-spawning items.
First off, thank you for all the amazing advice and tips :)
Next, it's funny that you should mention conveyor belts; believe it or not I am using conveyor belts as my spawn surface. The mobs spawn and are almost immediately teleported right onto me and my slime mount, killing them easily.

As for the number of Pinkys killed, I rolled back a bit due to a computer crash and lost 3ish Pinky kills, a slime staff, and one of the King Slime's loot, I'm back up to 11 Pinkys, so it doesn't matter that much. I also got another slime staff, which just so happens to be broken :p

Seriously though, thank you for the butt load of info and thanks to everyone for their tips :D

Could we possibly have pictures of your design?
Oh god, screenshots. I changed the folder where they get saved for a Pokemon Nuzlocke and I have no idea what folder it is anymore xD
So instead, I present to you the best quality photos, taken by a qualified professional. *Cough*

And yes, I like placing excessive amounts of wire :p
These will have to do for now :p Sorry!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
During a slime rain, while trying to ocean fish, I noticed that the slime king kept teleporting to under the pier I made. It was going up 2 blocks from the sand outside of the water, and stretched out about 20 blocks. Standing on it on the far side, he couldn't jump to the pier, and kept to the water while the slimes climbed up the pier. This might be the easiest way to get a pinky banner, using the absurd spawn rate of slime rain and not killing the king slime so it stays raining.

I have to agree with @The_Blocky_Gamer on this one; That's a really good idea! Actually, don't Slime rains end after a set amount of time anyway?
Well from the few slime rains I've had they do end after a certain amount of time, but if a King Slime spawns, it will continue the event until he is killed. The longest I've kept one alive for, (in Expert Mode) was until about midnight in-game (the rain would have ended at 6:30) but the slimes kept on raining until he was dead. Might need some testing though to see how long for :/
[doublepost=1467369734,1467369640][/doublepost]The only problem I find with this, would be finding a way to keep King Slime alive, whilst killing the other slimes with your minions (so they count as kills). Seperating the mobs would be extremely difficult but I'm sure @Eeveepedia that you'll find a way, just probably not with teleporters...

Well from the few slime rains I've had they do end after a certain amount of time, but if a King Slime spawns, it will continue the event until he is killed. The longest I've kept one alive for, (in Expert Mode) was until about midnight in-game (the rain would have ended at 6:30) but the slimes kept on raining until he was dead. Might need some testing though to see how long for :/
[doublepost=1467369734,1467369640][/doublepost]The only problem I find with this, would be finding a way to keep King Slime alive, whilst killing the other slimes with your minions (so they count as kills). Seperating the mobs would be extremely difficult but I'm sure @Eeveepedia that you'll find a way, just probably not with teleporters...
I guess we'll have to see if I can do it :p
Now we face a dilemma: Do we continue on this world, or make a new one for the higher chance of slime rain?

Oh, and actually, you yourself came up with the answer to keeping the king alive: HappyDay's King slime farm, without the lava, with say pirates running around in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom