Story Aftermath Adventures: Alternate Adventures

Prince Ink

Brain of Cthulhu
(Inspired by Marvel's "What If..." series. More chapters will be added, and feel free to suggest alterations of the timeline to be turned into chapters.)

Aftermath Adventures
Alternate Adventures

The world of Terraria is an exciting place full of both wonders and dangers. Many stories originate from this world, but the one you may be most familiar with is the story of the wolf/human hybrid Ink, a boy raised in a forest who grew up to do so many things. I, Elias Devavath, was fortunate enough to be with him during the final battle against Bloodshed Ink and witness his victory. But I am more familiar with him than you could imagine. I have seen his story over and over, in many different timelines taking the form of many different variations. Unfortunately, not all of them end happily. I have seen him win. I have seen him perish. I have seen him become monstrous. But despite wanting to stop more horrors, I am not allowed to interfere with any of the timelines. All I can do is watch. But I will share stories of these timelines with you, in hopes to prevent future disasters.

Alteration 1: Ink never found Grimrend
As we know, Ink found Grimrend in a cave. Ink managed to pull Grim out of a wall, thus becoming his new master. That turned into a lifelong friendship. But all of this was changed by one simple thing.
A rockslide.
In this timeline, a rockslide occurred, covering up the cave and trapping Grimrend. He remained in a wall, stuck there for the rest of his days.
At first this doesn't effect much. All it does is force Ink to fight a few battles with his zenith that normally he would've fought with Grimrend.
That is, until one of the first major battles with Bloodshed Ink.
Ink manages to escape Bloodshed Ink the Crimson, but when he's dropped into the ocean during that one fateful day, it takes Weaver a lot longer to come and get him. Without Grim, Weaver had little to no protection, causing her to be slow when rescuing Ink. Meanwhile, Bloodshed Ink makes his way to Lilly's bedroom. Normally, Ink would be back in time to save her.
Unfortunately, Weaver was not fast enough getting Ink home without Grim.
And even more unfortunately, the slight difference in speed leads to Lilly's early demise.
Ink and Weaver arrive and force Bloodshed Ink out of the village. Ink inspects the house, only to find the corpse of his infant daughter lying in the crib, with the body of his sister lying next to it, who died after Ink failed to arrive on time.
Ink immediately falls on the ground and begins sobbing, followed closely by Weaver.
Ink never recovered.
For shortly after, Weaver takes her own life, leaving Ink alone once more. Ink, a now broken man, finds a cliff.
He glances one last time towards his home before jumping.
And because of that moment, the final battle was lost before it even began.
Do you see what can happen? One small alteration can lead to the demise of an entire world.
One alteration can change everything.

Back
Top Bottom