Blocks & Decoration Air Conditioner (Sky color changer)

Would you like to see this in the game?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hax4Ever

Empress of Light
VixkDdL.png
Now that I look back at this thread, the monoliths seem... Similar.

I was watching some videos from older Terraria videos and noticed how much better the sky coloration was. I know that Re-Logic probably won't bring them back. But in a way it is still somewhat possible. The Air Conditioner! It acts much like the water fountain in a sense that It changes a certain aspect within a certain range of blocks. The air conditioner itself is a single item. You need to create types of "Smog" That are colored.

zxQFon7.png
The inner blue area is where the "Colored Smog" Goes. The color you use will change the blue in the sprite to the color of the "Smog" You use.

"Smog" Isn't the term I want to be used. If anything better can be thought of- please tell me.

This item can be obtained from the Merchant after you have destroyed two hardmode mechs. It's price will be 3 gold. The "Smog" Can be created by combining dye with an "Empty Smog Mixture" At a Heavy Duty Workbench.

faS2iLA.png
Here is a Blue "Smog". It changes the sky the color blue, the blue used in the normal areas at that.

e5VhIy7.png
Here is Red "Smog". It changes the sky the color red, the red used in the original blood moon at that.

sQeTXve.png
Here is Orange "Smog". The sky would turn to that of the corruption from 1.0.6, I want this one the most personally.

4dXt1hp.png
Here is Green "Smog". The sky will turn into a fine shade of lime green, perfect for all you bubble up fans out there!

704hUX3.png
Here is Purple "Smog". The sky will become a fine shade of purple, great for anyone who lives in the edgezone.

iBoxiNx.png
Here is Midnight "Smog". It turns the sky to a nice dark blue that fades to black at the top. Great for sleep.

gyyT184.png
Here is Rainbow "Smog". The sky will become a rainbow gradient! Need I explain more?

USh1qRo.png
Here is Silver "Smog". This will fill the sky with fog. Perfect for modern building designers!

u4D3msH.png
Here is Shadow "Smog". The sky turns into a shade of dark purple that fades to black at the bottom. Cool, right?

BLhnFEr.png
Here is Martian "Smog". The sky turns to the color of Mars' sky. Perfect for ancient aliens!

RyVHemg.png
Here is Pink "Smog". The sky turns to a candy-lover's guilty pleasure. Perfect for people who live in the hallow.

6XTgeOZ.png
Here is Yellow "Smog". The sky turns yellow, and you start to get mellow. Perfect for Lemons!

KmcuKqI.png
Here is Light Blue "Smog". The sky becomes the color Sky-Blue. Perfect for normal human-beings!

So yeah, I refined it a little to make a bit more sense.

Let's hope this gets in the game!

Last edited:
Just like the fountains or the Clentaminator?
Well, it will be horrifying if you added a rainbow color (the changing ones) since there is a risk lol

Well with the rainbow dye / any other animated dye. It would be a simple gradient through the sky instead of a acid trip... That would be neat though... Also, I stated that these work like the fountains do.

Interesting idea. I also dislike the new sun sprite. It would be great if the smogs also changed the appearance of the sun and moon! (for example, blue smog shows the sun from pre-1.1)

Nice suggestion! You get some Support in a Bottle!
68dGhkE.png
And some sprites too. An Air Conditioner and an empty Smog Capsule.
air_conditioner_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d91ikxk.gif
ZVDlrgZ.png

The Air Conditioner has a small glass dome on its side so you can see which colour of smog is currently in use.

Back
Top Bottom