PS3 Airlock!

ZemmySix

Retinazer
DSC_0052.JPG

This is how it works:
The switch on the pillar opens the outer door, which brings water in, you then close the door using the switch on the left of the timer. The timer itself activates three pumps pumping the water back into the source. Finally, the switch on the right of the timer opens the inner door. Sorry there is no video as apparently you can no longer add images after the thread has been posted... (goddammit omnir):mad: Oh and don't ask where the excess generated water goes.

If you are on console you can come see this,
My psn: Zemmysix

Last edited:
How many pump outlets do you have (at the surface, I presume)? And have you tried using a bird, or other engine to pump out the chamber faster (for fun)? Also..... Where does the excess water go?! :naughty:

How many pump outlets do you have (at the surface, I presume)? And have you tried using a bird, or other engine to pump out the chamber faster (for fun)? Also..... Where does the excess water go?! :naughty:
3 pumps. This was built in my terra formed mountain Biome so I built a chute that goes all the way to hell (or maybe just into the guides house)

Edit:the pumps can empty the chamber in two seconds :cool:

Last edited:
Just stumbled across this method for passing through an underwater wall without letting liquids through: "fire exit" (youtube vid). Then there's the "ghost wall" glitch, which I've used a fair bit with hoiks (sloped platforms or sloped actuated blocks against the wall). But I'll bet your airlock looks far better in operation!

Just stumbled across this method for passing through n underwater wall without letting liquids through: "fire exit" (youtube vid). Then there's the "ghost wall" glitch, which I've used a fair bit with hoiks (sloped platforms or sloped actuated blocks against the wall). But I'll bet your airlock looks far better in operation!
I eventually want to make it only require one switch by having a statue generator. I've used your ghost wall glitch slot to make cool secret bases;)

I don't have Terraria on PS3, but I would assume the air/water behavior works the same way as on PC. What I've done for fast and ugly airlocks is to build a contraption like the following: (The asterisks (*) are walls, the dashes (-) are platforms and the tildes (~) are water, the empty space on the right is air.)

*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~****
*~~~~~*
*~~~~~*
*~~~~~*
*~~~~~*--*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~****
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*
*~~~~~~~~*

This assumes you have a large pillar of water you want to enter/exit. Often I'll put one on each side so I can pass through my water columns without having to drain them... (Works for lava too; [bring protection!]) Obviously this isn't as cool as a mechanical airlock but it's good for when you just need a quick solution and works long before you have access to wires.

P.S. sorry for the horrible ascii art, I can't fire up the game right now...

I think I know what you mean... though could I have a screenshot when possible?
My skeleton generator is an absolute pain to build but I think it's now up and running I will explain later it's complicated.

ok, pulled this up from tedit of one I can remember doing, this was an airlock under the sand under an ocean... here, I built the room from the bottom up, then removed the sand, I built the squiggly bits and let the roof go in that part of the room to flood the bottom of the lock:
i7ZCmHF.png

Here's another example with a column of water and double airlocks:
o2hRPic.png

Last edited:
Works perfectly! I have a setup similar but I have literally never even built a pump. I gotta jump out of the water but I love to see automated things working. You can put it under the ocean to farm sharks, make end-of-the-world Hellevators, the possibilities are endless.

Back
Top Bottom