tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

1) Discount card/Silver Tongue potion (20% discount, same as Discount card) don't work for alchemist NPC's.
2) What are exact requirements to get suspicious looking scythe? I got it accidentially, but I dunno how I can get it on my other characters.

1) Discount card/Silver Tongue potion (20% discount, same as Discount card) don't work for alchemist NPC's.
2) What are exact requirements to get suspicious looking scythe? I got it accidentially, but I dunno how I can get it on my other characters.
1) Most of the items have specific way of stating shop price, which makes NPCs totally ignore any discounts.
2) Suspicious Looking Scythe drops from any Treasure Bag in hardmode with 1:80 chance.

New update v7.0
-Fixed MP bug with additional HP/Mana. Thanks to Dark;Light#2919 for help!
-Added new NPC, Explorer. Sells some special potions and research notes.
Available after beating Moon Lord. The way to spawn her is secret, so try to find the way.
Little advice - Torn Notes.
-Added Explorer's Brew. Works like Explorer Combination, but have Sunshine effect instead of Shine, gives bigger mining speed bonus and your attacks can Electrocute enemies.
Can be bought from Explorer.
-Added config option to disable Torn Notes drop. Also changed config file name to Alchemistv7.json.
-Reworked treasure bags shop of Operator. Now bags can be bought by special coins, which are dropping from bosses (can be disabled in config).
Also, Treasure Bags shops were separated for modded and vanilla. Currently, have Thorium and Calamity mod support.
-Boosted stats of vanilla town NPC in hardmode and post Moon Lord.
They got +20 basic damage and +30 defense in hardmode.
They got +250 max HP, 100 basic damage and +80 defense post Moon Lord. And some NPCs changes their weapons/projectiles.
-Added Heart of Yui and Yui (Light Pet). Lights up treasures, creatures and traps.
Drops from Treasure Bags in hardmode with 1:150 chance.
-Added Nyx, ultimate Sniper Rifle.
Pierces through multiple enemies, every hit causes explosion.
-Added Spear of Justice, another reference to 'Glitchtale' of some kind. Post ML throwing weapon.
Has 2 attack types. One is exploding Red Spear. Another is a spread of homing Yellow Spears.
-Added Fungalsphere, shroomite flamethrower. Deals massive damage to big group of enemies or Worm type bosses.
Available post Lunatic Cultist.
-Added XtraT, shroomite repeater. Shoots 2 arrows and energy bolt. Bolt deals triple weapon damage and pierces through enemies and tiles.
Available post Lunatic Cultist.
-Added Laoskadyn, powerful post Moon Lord sword. Shoots homing needles from the sky.
Needles explode into flames on tyile/enemy impact.
-Added Tritantrum, powerful post Moon Lord assault rifle. Shoots exploding Plasma Rounds.
Ammo can be bought from Explorer, if you have TT in inventory.
-Added Nyctosythia and Sunkrovera Arrows/Bullets. Post ML ammo.
Nyctosythia ammo phases through walls and releases homing projectiles on enemy/wall impact.
Sunkrovera ammo releases life stealing projectiles on enemy/wall impact.
-Added Enchanced Shroomite Arrow/Bullet. Releases electric clouds on enemy/tile collide, which shooting shocking beams to enemies.
Available post Moon Lord.
-Added Nyctosythia/Sunkrovera Crystals. Materials for new ammo. Post Lunatic Cultist materials.
-Added Beach Teleporter Potion. Teleports you to Beach (near the leftest or rightest palm), side depends on used mouse button.
Available after beating EoW/BoC in Alchemist shop.
-Added Ocean Teleporter Potion. Teleports you to deep Ocean, side depends on used mouse button.
May be useful for Calamity (since there are no palms on sulphuric ocean).
Available after beating Skeletron in Alchemist shop.
-Added Drainer. Damages player by 250-400 HP each half of the second, then heals by 200. Also removes most of player's defense and endurance.
Useful for gaining Rage. Available after beating Lunatic Cultist while you have Calamity mod ON.
-Added much more stuff to Jeweler's Arena Shop.
-Added Architect's Horcrux. Used for force re/spawn Architect.
-Added Gills, Flippers and Water Walking potions effects to Explorer's Combination.
-Added 6 more shops for Architect (with light sources).
-Added Notes Book.
-Added Sasscade Yo-Yo.
-Added Magic Wand.
-Added Quantum Destabilizer and Energy Cells.
-Added Eye of Judgement.
-Added Pandora PF422.
-Added Akumu.
-All Teleportation Potions now work in multiplayer (some warnings\esceptions CAN happen).
-Fixed Wellcheers vending machine usage in MP.
-Changed work mechanic of Rampage Components for a bit. Now turning off visibility of accessory turns off Sniper Scope effect instead of using it.
Now also improves power of Electrospheres.
-Horcruxes now have a bit different mechanic of work. It spawn NPC nearby player now instead of off-screen.
-Now Pink Guy Set is required to be equipped as player's main armor to make National Ugandan Treasure to drop (drop chance was increased to 25%).
-Memer's Riposte now also cuts critical strike chance in half, but crits deals 4x damage.
Also, now mirrors ANY damage (contact or projectile) taken multiplied by 5 to all enemies on screen.
-Hate Vial can be consumed now.
Grants 15% bonus to all damage & crits, +20 life regeneration and heals for 150, but removes 15% endurance, 30 defense and inflicts potion sickness.
-Wrath and Rage potions are now available in Brewer's 1st shop after beating Skeletron instead of in Hardmode.
-Tweaked Underworld Teleportation Potion. Now you can choose side for teleportation by left-click or right-click.
-Buffed Chloroshard Bullets for a bit.
-Nerfed Ballistic Nebular Destroyer.
-Nerfed Blurring Potion.
-Lowered drop chances for developer sets (1:100) and pets (1:150).
Sets now drops post Plantera.
-Improved Young Brewer sprite.
-Reworked recipes for Autoinjector and Watcher Amulet.
-Fixed Lilith Emblem's bug in multiplayer.
-Fixed Bast's Scroll armor destruction. Also added visual effect. Crafting recipe was nerfed too.
-Replaced Flesh Grinder to Meat Grinder in Architect's 4th shop.
-Removed Ancient Manipulator craftabilities from Special Crafting Point.
-Removed Battle Potion effect from Summoner and Universal Combinations.
-Wing of the World now counts as table, chair and light source.
-Fixed Alchemist sprite.
-Fixed some typos with the help of Slap it Now#1939.

Pardon me, but I don't completely understand the idea of adding all these new items, npcs etc. I thought the original point of this mod was to add "AlchemistNPCs" as the name suggests? A lot of these items would probably work a lot better if they were in another mod, not this one, this just causes a lot of confusion and stress for the users who don't want this stuff.

- how to get Wings of the World? i have 99 shadow scales and 999 Wood in inventory
- I have all materials in my inventory for Superb Crafting Pond (reffered to wiki), but i can't craft it: Bookcase; Adamantite Forge; Orichalcum Anvil; Bewitching Table; Crystal Ball; Autohammer; Blend-O-Matic; Meat-Grinder; Lihzahrd Furnace; Ancient Manipulator
am i missing sth? any ideas? Simple crafting Penny was no problem.
using Calamity Mod

- is there a way to find recipes for this mod, or is it all hidden?

Last edited:
- how to get Wings of the World? i have 99 shadow scales and 999 Wood in inventory
- I have all materials in my inventory for Superb Crafting Pond (reffered to wiki), but i can't craft it: Bookcase; Adamantite Forge; Orichalcum Anvil; Bewitching Table; Crystal Ball; Autohammer; Blend-O-Matic; Meat-Grinder; Lihzahrd Furnace; Ancient Manipulator
am i missing sth? any ideas? Simple crafting Penny was no problem.
using Calamity Mod

- is there a way to find recipes for this mod, or is it all hidden?
-You also need 1 book.

-Imbuing Station instead of Bewitching Table.

-Well, there is a mod, called Recipe Browser. You can use it for checking recipes and loot from mobs.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/recipe-browser.62462/
How to use note book?
If you saw message after beating Moon Lord, then you may notice: "Solar Creatures become anxious."
And if you checked #spoilers in Discord channel, then you may notice the GIF with Solar Eclipse and a Portal in the air.

So, out of sheer boredom and lack of motivation to play Terraria, I revisited Terraria again to play with the new AlchemistNPC update. Decided to list post-Moon Lord upgrades to NPC weapons/projectiles. Notify me if I'm missing any.

Guide - Wooden Bow w/ Luminite Arrows - byootiful
Wizard - Cursed Flames - that's fine actually
Steampunker - SDMG - a bit too over the top but whatever works
Weapon Master - Unholy Trident - not sure if linked to this mod, correct me if i'm wrong

Not a whole lot of upgrades from what I'm currently seeing, though not giving the Arms Dealer the Megashark post-Moon Lord is a severe transgression.

So, out of sheer boredom and lack of motivation to play Terraria, I revisited Terraria again to play with the new AlchemistNPC update. Decided to list post-Moon Lord upgrades to NPC weapons/projectiles. Notify me if I'm missing any.

Guide - Wooden Bow w/ Luminite Arrows - byootiful
Wizard - Cursed Flames - that's fine actually
Steampunker - SDMG - a bit too over the top but whatever works
Weapon Master - Unholy Trident - not sure if linked to this mod, correct me if i'm wrong

Not a whole lot of upgrades from what I'm currently seeing, though not giving the Arms Dealer the Megashark post-Moon Lord is a severe transgression.
Cyborg is also getting Snowman Rocket 1 projectile. And I didn't touch Thorium Mod NPCs.
If You have other ideas for NPCs weapons\projectiles improvement, then post them.

is there any way around having to kill dungeon guardian for the otherworldly amulet? seems like kind of a stupid requirement to be able to purchase fragments. also what is up with some of the gold costs for the operator? 3 platinum per bar of life? seriously? 5 gold for souls and 2 gold per BONE?

even if I were to spend the time building something to kill DG to unlock fragments would i really want to? how much they gunna cost 1 plat each or something :p

is there any way around having to kill dungeon guardian for the otherworldly amulet? seems like kind of a stupid requirement to be able to purchase fragments. also what is up with some of the gold costs for the operator? 3 platinum per bar of life? seriously? 5 gold for souls and 2 gold per BONE?

even if I were to spend the time building something to kill DG to unlock fragments would i really want to? how much they gunna cost 1 plat each or something :p
Don't you even know that Revengeance increases money drop heavily? There is no problems with the costs at all.
And don't tell that Dungeon Guardian is actually hard to kill. P90 with Crystal (or Crystal Dust or Chloroshard) Bullets literally shreds DG with huge DPS.
P.S.: Just farm Astralgeddon Slime in post Moon Lord state. It drops tons of celestial fragments.
P.P.S.: And no, this is the only NPC which drops Otherworldly Amulet.

oh yeah i forgot all of what you just said is common knowledge with a heavily modded game. I'm not using revengeance either because the tooltip didnt sound like something i wanted to use. balancing the costs on an optional difficulty increase seems odd unless it only does that if you have the mod installed with that item in it or something.

OatBran if you farm him out enough for the twilight, then you can one-shot him in normal mode, which makes it incredibly easier to farm.
[doublepost=1529729407,1529729341][/doublepost]I have the notes book, but I can't figure out under what conditions I have to use it. Can you give me a hint please?

Last edited:
if you farm him out enough for the twilight, then you can one-shot him in normal mode, which makes it incredibly easier to farm.
[doublepost=1529729407,1529729341][/doublepost]I have the notes book, but I can't figure out under what conditions I have to use it. Can you give me a hint please?
If you are in Discord, then check #spoilers channel there and look the first GIF.
If not, then this:
If you saw message after beating Moon Lord, then you may notice: "Solar Creatures become anxious."

Back
Top Bottom