tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

I want to make Battle Combination of potions which gives multiple buffs on use (like Lifeforce, Ironskin, Regen, Endurance, Rage/Wrath) for 10 minutes.
I never tried to make accesories... Maybe I will try later.

There already is a mod that does just that. Check out Compressed Potions. You can create potions with multiple affects, but they never expire. As long as you're OK with that.

There already is a mod that does just that. Check out Compressed Potions. You can create potions with multiple affects, but they never expire. As long as you're OK with that.
My combinations are expiring in 10 minutes...

Anyway, Update 1.8.
Adds new NPC (Young Brewer) which sells 3 combination of potions. Spawning Condition is having both Alchemist & Brewer alive in the world and Hardmode.
1) Battle Combination - Gives effects of Ironskin, Swiftness, Restoration, Endurance, Lifeforce, Wrath & Rage potions. Costs 10 gold.
2) Builder Combination - Gives effects of Builder, Calming & Mining potions. Costs 2 gold.
3) Summoner Combination - Gives effects of Summoning, Bewitching & Battle potions. Costs 3 gold.
All combinations expires in 10 minutes.
YoungBrewer.png
YoungShop.png
Young Brewer and his shop
P.S.: Combinations are craftable.

sorry xD if theres one thing i can do, its loads of ideas lol, cant code and my sprites leave something to be desired : <

i've actually had so much ideas for 3 mods i wanted to do, i also wanted to create a thread for it, but i didnt know where to start, had a little help with two sprites but so far thats about it, was awhile ago however i still have my notes.. how would i get started on a thread, where would i create it?

Last edited:
sorry xD if theres one thing i can do, its loads of ideas lol, cant code and my sprites leave something to be desired : <

i've actually had so much ideas for 3 mods i wanted to do, i also wanted to create a thread for it, but i didnt know where to start, had a little help with two sprites but so far thats about it, was awhile ago however i still have my notes.. how would i get started on a thread, where would i create it?
If you mods are not ready, then go to https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/works-in-progress.120/ and use "post new thread".
If you mods are ready, then go to https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/released.119/ and use "post new thread".
Coding is not really hard. Or at least sometimes (if you are not making something totally new). Just some advices: download tModReader and use it on ExampleMod. You will get examples of how to make item, NPC, Town NPC and etc.
Try to find some open source mods (I didn't block mine from reading cuz if I will throw away Terraria, someone can still update or repair my mods if it is needed).

Last edited:
If you mods are not ready, then go to https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/works-in-progress.120/ and use "post new thread".
If you mods are ready, then go to https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/released.119/ and use "post new thread".
Coding is not really hard. Or at least sometimes (if you are not making something totally new). Just some advices: download tModReader and use it on ExampleMod. You will get examples of how to make item, NPC, Town NPC and etc.
Try to find some open source mods (I didn't block mine from reading cuz if I will throw away Terraria, someone can still update or repair my mods if it is needed).

i'm not computer savy at all, i wouldnt be able to code even if i wanted to, and the works in progress, really? that easy?

Minor Update 1.9
-Added Explorer Combination (Grants Spelunker, Dangersence, Hunter, Mining, Night Owl and Shine buffs). Costs 3 gold 50 silver.
Lasts in 15 minutes.

Hello there, I really like the idea of your mod. Although I find it a bit too powerful, for my taste anyway. I wish some of the potions, like the spelunker potion, for example, was more expensive. Or something.

Hello there, I really like the idea of your mod. Although I find it a bit too powerful, for my taste anyway. I wish some of the potions, like the spelunker potion, for example, was more expensive. Or something.
Thx.
I was thinking about it. Price like 50 silver is too small... But for what value I should set them then?

Hi, I was wondering, is anyone else having the issue where the Alchemist keeps spawning? Thanks.

Mind you, it's probably due to how many mods I'm using. But I found the Alchemist spawning every day, so I tried some population control via rotten eggs but he still keeps spawning. I currently have the mod Disabled as a result.

Again, it's probably due to all the mods I keep getting as I've had this problem for a few days now but I don't see anyone else bringing it up.

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering, is anyone else having the issue where the Alchemist keeps spawning? Thanks.

Mind you, it's probably due to how many mods I'm using. But I found the Alchemist spawning every day, so I tried some population control via rotten eggs but he still keeps spawning. I currently have the mod Disabled as a result.

Again, it's probably due to all the mods I keep getting as I've had this problem for a few days now but I don't see anyone else bringing it up.
Even if mod is disabled? This is strange. All NPC's should dissapear after disabling mod. Get one of combination and test it with disabled mod. It should be broken. Maybe you should try to reinstall mod. Delete it manually in mods folder and then reinstall from Mod Manager. Or maybe it is really one of your installed mod?
The only condition of NPC spawn is holding Water Bottle in inventory (for Brewer and Alchemist) and both alive & hardmode (for Young Brewer).
Can you give me a mod list? Just curious.
Mine list:
Boss Checklist, Thorium Mod, Cosmetic Variety, Prefixes for Enemies, AlchemistNPC, Cheat Sheet, WorldGen Previewer, MoreAccesories, Pillar Items Plus, Wing Slot, ZoaklenMod, imkSushi's Mod+Potion Addon, MaxStackPlus, Dart Expansion, Wormholes, Calamity Mod, Quality Recipes, Tremor Mod Remastered, Shorter Respawn Time, Fargo's Mutant Mod, Infinity - Endless Items, Boss Health Bar, Craftable Uncraftables Mod, Fishing 2.0, More Mirrors, Summoners Association.

Last edited:
Even if mod is disabled? This is strange. All NPC's should dissapear after disabling mod. Get one of combination and test it with disabled mod. It should be broken. Maybe you should try to reinstall mod. Delete it manually in mods folder and then reinstall from Mod Manager. Or maybe it is really one of your installed mod?
The only condition of NPC spawn is holding Water Bottle in inventory (for Brewer and Alchemist) and both alive & hardmode (for Young Brewer).
Can you give me a mod list? Just curious.
Mine list:
Boss Checklist, Thorium Mod, Cosmetic Variety, Prefixes for Enemies, AlchemistNPC, Cheat Sheet, WorldGen Previewer, MoreAccesories, Pillar Items Plus, Wing Slot, ZoaklenMod, imkSushi's Mod+Potion Addon, MaxStackPlus, Dart Expansion, Wormholes, Calamity Mod, Quality Recipes, Tremor Mod Remastered, Shorter Respawn Time, Fargo's Mutant Mod, Infinity - Endless Items, Boss Health Bar, Craftable Uncraftables Mod, Fishing 2.0, More Mirrors, Summoners Association.

Oh, I should have been clearer. Disabling the mod made the Alchemist from your mod disappear. So there's no more issue. Though I'd have liked to keep your mod on as I really like it.

I have a feeling it probably interacted with Zocklukas' mod, since that mod also has an Alchemist which also multispawned on occasion. That issue's fixed since disabling AlchemistNPC. So it's probably as a result of me having a whole bunch of mods on. No biggie.

It seems we have the same mod preferences, haha... I use Thorium, Tremor, Calamity, ExperienceAndClasses, Cheat Sheet, imkSushi's, Fargo, Infinity, Solidified Potions, Boxinator, WeaponsOut, Cheeze's Content, Dushy's upgrade, Expeditions, imksushi's Toggle, Solutions and What is this mod from?

I used to have the Potion Merchant but turned that off while trying to locate which mod seemed responsible.

Oh, I should have been clearer. Disabling the mod made the Alchemist from your mod disappear. So there's no more issue. Though I'd have liked to keep your mod on as I really like it.

I have a feeling it probably interacted with Zocklukas' mod, since that mod also has an Alchemist which also multispawned on occasion. That issue's fixed since disabling AlchemistNPC. So it's probably as a result of me having a whole bunch of mods on. No biggie.

It seems we have the same mod preferences, haha... I use Thorium, Tremor, Calamity, ExperienceAndClasses, Cheat Sheet, imkSushi's, Fargo, Infinity, Solidified Potions, Boxinator, WeaponsOut, Cheeze's Content, Dushy's upgrade, Expeditions, imksushi's Toggle, Solutions and What is this mod from?

I used to have the Potion Merchant but turned that off while trying to locate which mod seemed responsible.
I think this problem could be caused by similiar NPC ID or type.
About preferences... Yes, something near.

Both my Brewer and Young Brewer died during a blood moon and they never respawned (and it's been like a month in Terraria time).
Do I need to have a Water Bottle in my inventory each time they die for them to respawn or there is another problem?

Both my Brewer and Young Brewer died during a blood moon and they never respawned (and it's been like a month in Terraria time).
Do I need to have a Water Bottle in my inventory each time they die for them to respawn or there is another problem?
Yes, you need a Water Bottle in inventory to spawn Brewer.
Maybe I will try to fix this. But I don't know how to make NPC respawn...

Last edited:
I'm having this problem, a new Alchemist keeps swapning each day, and they are taking all my empty houses for my other NPC.
Look, they are 5 in screen, and that is after I killed 2 :/
Screenshot_2.png

Edit: The issue seems to be between yours mod and Zocklukas' mod. My theory is that since both mods have a "Alchemist Town NPC" the game keeps trying to spawn Zocklukas' NPC and failing, spawning more of the NPC from your mod instead.

Last edited:
I'm having this problem, a new Alchemist keeps swapning each day, and they are taking all my empty houses for my other NPC.
Look, they are 5 in screen, and that is after I killed 2 :/
View attachment 156915

Edit: The issue seems to be between yours mod and Zocklukas' mod. My theory is that seems both mods have a "Alchemist Town NPC" the game keeps trying to spawn Zocklukas' NPC and failing, spawning more of the NPC from your mod instead.
Maybe I need to rename my npc.name? I think something about The Alchemist. I will update mod soon.

I updated mod to 2.0. I renamed Achemist to The Alchemist. Hope that should fix the problem with mass spawning.
Also I changed prices of some potions. Spelunker now costs 1 gold, Hunter & Obsidian Skin now cost 75 silver.

Back
Top Bottom