tModLoader AlchemistNPC v9.0

Mod upgraded to v2.1.
I forgot to fix Young Brewer spawn condition so he just didn't spawn never.

when you say spawn condition for achemist and brewer "water bottle" in the inventory.
do you mean we have to have ONE bottled water in OUR inventory? please explain it clearly thanks.

i have a bottled water in my bag and i waited almost 1 hour or more and both of the npcs isn't spawning.

i do have enough npc houses.
and my world is hardmode now

when you say spawn condition for achemist and brewer "water bottle" in the inventory.
do you mean we have to have ONE bottled water in OUR inventory? please explain it clearly thanks.

i have a bottled water in my bag and i waited almost 1 hour or more and both of the npcs isn't spawning.

i do have enough npc houses.
and my world is hardmode now
Well, Alchemist & Brewer respawn even with 2 or more Water Bottles so they should spawn if you have water bottle in inventory and an empty housing.
Try to use 1 bottle, but I think they should spawn anyway.
When I spawning them first time I usually use 1 bottle. I haven't tried to use more than one.

With your or other help... Surely. I am not best at spriting, just learning. So if I will plan this... This could be an hour work or a week.

See if you can find someone to re-sprite them, this mod is amazing and the only thing that is keeping me from using it is the npc sprites... I'm weird about sprites... if it doesn't fit terraria, I won't use it ;(

Update v2.2
-Added 2 new potions:
Invincibility Potion (prolongers invincibility time after hit). Costs 3 gold in Hardmode.
Unknocking Potion (player cannot be knockbacked). Costs 1 gold.
Both are craftable. Last in 10 minutes.
-Added 3 new combinations:
Mage Combination (grants Magic Power, Mana Regeneration, Wrath & Rage buffs). Lasts in 10 minutes.
Ranger Combination (grants Ammo Reservation, Archery, Wrath & Rage buffs). Lasts in 10 minutes.
Tank Combination (grants effects of Ironskin, Regeneration, Lifeforce, Endurance, Titan, Obsidian Skin, Invincibility, Unknocking & Thorns Potions). Lasts in 10 minutes.
All 3 sells in Young Brewer's shop.
-Some changes in shops (Flask of Gold, all fishing Potions in Alchemist shop, Invincibility & Unknocking potions in Brewer's shop).
-Added recipe for Bewitching Potion.

Hope this mod is still interesting for anybody.
And if anyone want to ask...
Unknocking potions gives the same effect as Cobalt Shield (just disables knockback for player).
Invincibility potion doesn't stacks with other items with same effect (like Cross Necklace and Star Veil). I mean that you can still use this items, but you won't see bigger effect.

Last edited:
Do the combinations take multiple buff slots?
Yes. For example, Tank combination gives 9 buffs on use.
You also give me interesting idea, but I am not sure that is possible to compress 9 different buffs in one.

you should add more potion
What kind of potions? What they should do? Only thing I can imagine right now is potion which gives some debuffs immunity (like Ankh Shield).

Also, I redesigned sprites of Alchemist & Brewer. How they looks now? I didn't make the new build with them yet. Terraria sprite rules are on (2x2 pixels).
Alchemist sprite new.png
Brewer sprite new.png
InvincibilityPotion.png
UnknockingPotion.png

Last two are Invincibility & Unknocking Potions

What kind of potions? What they should do? Only thing I can imagine right now is potion which gives some debuffs immunity (like Ankh Shield).

Also, I redesigned sprites of Alchemist & Brewer. How they looks now? I didn't make the new build with them yet.

I like the first one and I'd like the second one more if it wasn't a recolored vanilla terraria sprite, but you're making great progress!:happy:

I like the first one and I'd like the second one more if it wasn't a recolored vanilla terraria sprite, but you're making great progress!:happy:
Recoloring is everything... It is really hard to make hybrid of female terraria NPC's cause of difference of shapes & animations.
P.S: Also, there are new red/orange feather on Brewer's head so it is not just recolor.:D

Recoloring is everything... It is really hard to make hybrid of female terraria NPC's cause of difference of shapes & animations.

I understand, but is it possible to just tweak it a bit more so it looks a little different?

I understand, but is it possible to just tweak it a bit more so it looks a little different?
I am trying it... Simple reshaping is broken because of changing 2x2 pixel rule. I am trying to make good looking hybryd, but it is really hard. Maybe today you will see something new...

I am trying it... Simple reshaping is broken because of changing 2x2 pixel rule. I am trying to make good looking hybryd, but it is really hard. Maybe today you will see something new...

No rush, I know how difficult sprinting can be :p

Edit: If you can change the second one, that's completely fine, it's was the first ones original sprite that was bugging me the most :D

Last edited:
Upgrade v2.3
-New sprite for Brewer (hope that is better)
-Redesign of Alchemist sprite (to follow 2x2 pixel rule)
Alchemist sprite new.png
Brewer sprite new.png
All needed animations works correctly.
There was a problem with some hovering of Brewer. Thank god it was simply solved by moving all sprite set for 2 pixels down.

Upgrade v2.3
-New sprite for Brewer (hope that is better)
-Redesign of Alchemist sprite (to follow 2x2 pixel rule)
All needed animations works correctly.
There was a problem with some hovering of Brewer. Thank god it was simply solved by moving all sprite set for 2 pixels down.

I love it x10, as soon as I get home, I'm installing this mod!!!:p

Edit: is it possible to change the young brewer sprite?

Back
Top Bottom